The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make money online!

Jean Godin

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 9, 2016
Phoenix,
Alright, I got this title to get your attention. But in a sense, you will see that it is still true though. I hope you can get some value from this.

First, this book is the bomb. In the last 2 years I have been reading over 30 books. From the Lean Startup to Think and Grow Rich by How to win friends and influence people and so on...I have read a tons of blogs.

I cannot understand why it took me so much time to get this book in my hands. I guess as MJ says he is not advertising so it took me more time to get to read about it. I actually ended up on the website eventualmillionaire.com where I watched an interview of MJ DeMarco. I thought that this guy was smart. So I got the book for pretty cheap online. Probably the cheapest I bought. It has a tremendous value.

Ok, enough about the book itself and praise to the man (MJ).

I have been thinking backward for too long. I used to be partner in a franchise. The concept was already figured out by the company so it was easier in a sense. We had the business for a few years than sold. It was sold for a very good money.
I decided to move on to another venture. I partnered with a programer. He is an avid creator and a passionate gamer. He has got great ideas. At first, we decided to build a web platform to copy some existing ones. It was working fine but we were identical to others. It was not the best.

One of our fan really liked our website and he became friend of my partner. He is really involved in the industry. He saw that there was a hole. Some customers were not well deserved. We looked at this and saw that we could bring great value by building this new platform.

My point is, I have been trying to figure out what to do as business for quite a while. My main focus was MONEY. SO WRONG!!!! I am still working on my mindset to change that. I understand, we all want to get there at some point but it is not the starting point. We should get into business because we want to serve customers better than others by bringing tremendous value.

For me Marketing is all about having tremendous value. If you do so the customers will become your free advertisement. Words will spread like disease.

As for long term, you need retention and retention rhymes with attention. Clearly beyond expected customer service should be priority. MJ told in his book he was answering emails within hours (I hope he would get to sleep sometimes though)

In the end, making money online is achievable by many but if we want to get filthy rich this way you will not get there if you have no knowledge in programming(which is my case even if I am learning HTML/CSS right now).
Unless you have a lot of money and you can pay people to do it you will not get there.
Here are 4 recommendations for you:

1) Find a problem you can solve online or take something existant and make it better.
This is not easy to accomplish. I am actually thinking about launching another thing. I could make a long post on how but here is a simple start : http://startupbros.com/3-steps-to-validate-your-business-idea-for-free/

2) Either you take a lot of time to learn programming or you partner with a programmer. I would suggest the later.

3) Make sure there is sufficient market for that product. If you can have people even pay for it this is better.

4) Do it. If something is not right take a step back and try again with some changes. Sometimes your first idea may evolve in something else and BAM. You hit a home run. As Mark Cuban said you only need one home run and you are set for glory.

If someone has experience in testing business ideas online please share example so we can all learn from this.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Alright, I got this title to get your attention. But in a sense, you will see that it is still true though. I hope you can get some value from this.

First, this book is the bomb. In the last 2 years I have been reading over 30 books. From the Lean Startup to Think and Grow Rich by How to win friends and influence people and so on...I have read a tons of blogs.

I cannot understand why it took me so much time to get this book in my hands. I guess as MJ says he is not advertising so it took me more time to get to read about it. I actually ended up on the website eventualmillionaire.com where I watched an interview of MJ DeMarco. I thought that this guy was smart. So I got the book for pretty cheap online. Probably the cheapest I bought. It has a tremendous value.

I have been thinking backward for too long. I used to be partner in a franchise. The concept was already figured out by the company so it was easier in a sense. We had the business for a few years than sold. It was sold for a very good money.
I decided to move on to another venture. I partnered with a programer. He is an avid creator and a passionate gamer. He has got great ideas. At first, we decided to build a web platform to copy some existing ones. It was working fine but we were identical to others. It was not the best.

One of our fan really liked our website and he became friend of my partner. He is really involved in the industry. He saw that there was a hole. Some customers were not well deserved. We looked at this and saw that we could bring great value by building this new platform.

My point is, I have been trying to figure out what to do as business for quite a while. My main focus was MONEY. SO WRONG!!!! I am still working on my mindset to change that. I understand, we all want to get there at some point but it is not the starting point. We should get into business because we want to serve customers better than others by bringing tremendous value.

For me Marketing is all about having tremendous value. If you do so the customers will become your free advertisement. Words will spread like disease.

As for long term, you need retention and retention rhymes with attention. Clearly beyond expected customer service should be priority. MJ told in his book he was answering emails within hours (I hope he would get to sleep sometimes though)

In the end, making money online is achievable by many but if we want to get filthy rich this way you will not get there if you have no knowledge in programming(which is my case even if I am learning HTML/CSS right now).
Unless you have a lot of money and you can pay people to do it you will not get there.

1) Find a problem you can solve online or take something existant and make it better.
This is not easy to accomplish. I am actually thinking about launching another thing. I could make a long post on how but here is a simple start : http://startupbros.com/3-steps-to-validate-your-business-idea-for-free/

2) Either you take a lot of time to learn programming or you partner with a programmer. I would suggest the later.

3) Make sure there is sufficient market for that product. If you can have people even pay for it this is better.

4) Do it. If something is not right take a step back and try again with some changes. Sometimes your first idea may evolve in something else and BAM. You hit a home run. As Mark Cuban said you only need one home run and you are set for glory.

If someone has experience in testing business ideas online please share example so we can all learn from this.

Cheers

I like that you changed your mindset. And you are probably steering into the right approach. But, there is really no set " to do list". Its easy to list but hard to do. You need to take action and not follow exact steps. There is no easy way, but hard work and persistance. Thats my opinion.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
Everyone has their own path and process they figured out while out there, creating more than you consume or Just in Time production or whatever system and vision you have.

There is no playbook for any of this or hack. Knowing how to program helps but is not essential to Start or even succeed depends on what you are actually trying to build.

If by testing ideas online you mean validation? google is your friend and so is the search bar, but as even MJ mentioned here somewhere you won't always be able to validate your 'idea'.

I don't believe in building or launching ideas but finding problems and fixing them for yourself or others, or just starting something in any field or interest and being able to be alert to opportunities that might arise.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Cheers
The title gets attention, but probably for the wrong reasons. I reluctantly came in ready to swing the ban hammer... and was pleasantly surprised.

Some members will ignore a thread with a title like that. Just some food for thought.

Anyway, thanks for the intro and welcome to the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.