The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Welder1986

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Oct 7, 2016
I will be finishing it up tonight. Will also read again before I start another book. Opened my eyes and will be applying what I have learned to grow my small business. Thank a lot Mj!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NateTheGreat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2016
Finished the book a couple of weeks ago. Very informative! Love how it challenged the typical ideals that are set in place with 401ks and maximizing your Roth IRA every year. It helped me gain a new perspective as to what direction that I should be headed while I am young and about to enter the workforce after my Master's. I have been brainstorming ideas and I think that it is finally time to get it out into the world. Thanks!

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
Hey MJ,

I've read your book or to be more specific i listened to it like an audiobook through audible. I have to admit that your book is exceptional. I absolutely love the part of the book when it comes to math and actually calculating the money. When i read the Rich dad, poor dad like one of my first business/personal development books the message was clear: "put money into assets" which you know, isn't a bad habit but you have to have the money in the first place. I used my calculator (actually it was an app with interest rates and stuff) and i got a bit downhearted, it didn't seem real. Not reachable, very slow. Your book helped me to clearly see that it's possible not because of some motivational quotes or old clichés but because of numbers. Numbers don't lie.
Thank you MJ.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
134 pages and perhaps 2,500+ favorable reviews, I think I'm entitled to tag this GOLD after 5 years??? LOL.

StarKodomo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jan 4, 2015
Ann Arbor, Mi
134 pages and perhaps 2,500+ favorable reviews, I think I'm entitled to tag this GOLD after 5 years??? LOL.

Definitely Deserved!

Wanted to finally stop in and officially say, I've read the book! (twice and the audio book 3 times now lol)

Can't say thanks enough @MJ DeMarco. Your book has truly changed my life and perhaps even made me a better person. I hope one that can give something back to this awesome forum!

SuperDuper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Sep 13, 2016
Finished and loved the book. Not sure if I should read any business books anymore. A lot of them are full of fluff. Recommend a good book otherwise.

Patti

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Oct 13, 2016
Kingston, ON - Canada
This book has changed my life, in so many ways. My whole outlook is different. I cannot wait to start seeing the results of my actions from this new outlook.

Any other suggested reads along the same lines? Honest to goodness, inspirational success stories like MJ that have fastlaned from their own systems or ideas and hard work.

Nannan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Oct 9, 2016
I'm happy to say I finished the book. That was some chat in a coffee shop :happy:. 5 days in the coffee shop.

Step one done, time for step two (Execution)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I've read the book and it had changed my life, especially my mindset. Read the book and you too can change your life!

Also, I thought the book was so great, I joined this forum to pick people's brain and gain wisdom.

DiFerro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 15, 2016
Canada
Bought it on the 5th and finished it on the 10th. Absolutely amazing!

I've been parked for a long time and this book really kicked me into gear. I've already found my Fastlane and putting the lessons into motion. It's so good that I'm actually going to buy the paperback version to re-read and leave it on my nightstand for a daily reminder and inspiration when things get tough.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for kicking my a$$!

Imran khan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Oct 2, 2016
I just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane this afternoon, but I already know that I'll have to go through certain sections again more slowly. I only wish I had read it earlier in my life.

Thank you for the depth and breadth of information, especially the section on choices and how they influence process and results. Very important and not spoken about enough.
I read one minute millionaire and then started reading Secrets of millionaire mind after that i was searching for more books written on the similar subject, ended up buying the audio and paperback version of millionaire fast lane , listened to it few times, which leads me to join forum.WOW!!!!!

SethTavis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 2, 2016
Little Rock, Arkansas
Read the book, a lot of it was a combination of stuff I have picked up in other books out there. The problem with those "Other books" is that they would have a little wisdom and a lot of bad advice. Thanks MJ for putting all the wisdom in one book!

newtail

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 13, 2016
Singapore
I've read the book! AT LEAST 3 TIMES!!

Been reading a lot of self-help/entrepreneur books but I must say this is the only one you'll need for anything at all. No BS, not about motivation but actually something that teaches you HOW TO DO IT

mazo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Sep 12, 2016
I have read the book, but I'm certainly not finished with it. Will be beside me till the end of my journey. Thanks MJ for showing me who I am and who I can become.

RhysT1

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Jan 26, 2016
Warwickshire, UK
I've read the book, Was awesome gave me some really good insights, It's the first book i recommend to anyone who asks me about business books, Thanks MJ

SavedCat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 18, 2016
MJ,

I have read your book. I found his forum before I had heard of your book. I read through a number of posts and the tone of many members resonated with me. Really the only choice was to read your book. Thank you! Thank you for writing this and sharing your experience and knowledge.

I see that there a lot of posts in this thread and I suspect you check it out relatively infrequently so I will keep this short. After reading it I feel empowered. I have felt for a while that I desperately needed a change but paralyzed with uncertainty and fear. I have started my Fastlane journey and am grateful to have a community such as this one to contribute to and learn from.

Loved the Paradox of Practice explanation. I've used that same argument myself many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 22, 2016
Loved the audiobook. Made me laugh a ton.

Since time is my most valuable asset I have been tracking and categorizing where every minute goes. Listed below is my time spending in order of highest to lowest:
Sleep> self-care> slow lane job > fast lane homework> health/fitness > life partner > family > fun >community.

*still in the find ideas no execution stage

DiFerro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Oct 15, 2016
Canada
I came across TMF by chance and it really fired me up. It's amazing the number of opportunities available once your eyes have been opened.

The biggest lesson is use the Law of Effection to quickly assess possibly opportunities.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

NiteRider

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Feb 10, 2016
Maryland
Read it. Actually, I listened to it through Audible to and from work daily. Found the forum through the book. Always wondered how people got the badge, now I know.

Awesome book, extremely helpful forum. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.