The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I went into the office today on Black Friday

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So today I went into the office to get a couple things done. There was only 1 other car in my building complex's parking lot.

As I was leaving in my R8, I noticed that the parking lot of the building on the other side of the street was almost completely empty also. There were only 2 cars there. One was a convertible Maserati and the other was a Mercedes S65 AMG. So there we were, 3 $100k plus cars, at work on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I just assumed that these were also two owner business owners that happen to come in on Friday to get some work done. That's just what we do as business owners, put in the work when others aren't.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RealBrokerCam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2016
So today I went into the office to get a couple things done. There was only 1 other car in my building complex's parking lot.

As I was leaving in my R8, I noticed that the parking lot of the building on the other side of the street was almost completely empty also. There were only 2 cars there. One was a convertible Maserati and the other was a Mercedes S65 AMG. So there we were, 3 $100k plus cars, at work on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

I just assumed that these were also two owner business owners that happen to come in on Friday to get some work done. That's just what we do as business owners, put in the work when others aren't.

I'm in the One Car at the Office Club. I have the All Nighter Badge, Nightshift Patches for working thru midnight 7 nights a week several months in a row, Christmas, New Years, Memorial and Labor Day Day Medals... lol [HASHTAG]#hustle[/HASHTAG]

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

I would have been there as well but it would have been 3 $100K cars and 1 Toyota Sequoia, lol.

RealBrokerCam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 24, 2016
I'm in the One Car at the Office Club. I have the All Nighter Badge, Nightshift Patches for working thru midnight 7 nights a week several months in a row, Christmas, New Years, Memorial and Labor Day Day Medals... lol [HASHTAG]#hustle[/HASHTAG]

Oh and I'm only in an ultimate driving machine, but when I get there I'm def thinking the A8

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I don't drive at the moment but I get the same feeling at the gym on a day after a huge holiday or when its rainy and you give the small nod to each other.

What is on the hood of your Audi @biophase ?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX

Seems to be a common theme among the successful.

My favorite quote about Black Friday: "If people put the same exact effort into working their butts off, they would never care about a sale."

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

My favorite quote about Black Friday: "If people put the same exact effort into working their butts off, they would never care about a sale."

He has some excellent videos, good find. I have watched about five since you posted this.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Saw a lamborghini gallardo at a restaurant I was eating at today. Thought that was neat as it's my dream car :)

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
I went to an electronics store during the late afternoon on Black Friday and the entire parking lot was full and full of cars looking for spaces. So I ended up parking at a hotel across the street which was also full of cars with people walking to the electronics store. As I went in the store I noticed a line which went around the entire inside of the store to the entrance. Must've been at least 250 people waiting in line to check out. No carts left so people were carrying 60" TVs by hand across the street. All of this to save maybe $50? Most of the items were at regular price anyways. Wtf? As I got in my car and was leaving I saw a tow truck enter the hotel parking lot.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I think a lot of it falls back to how entrepreneurs view their time vs how slowlaners do. I view my time as much more valuable than the $50, $100, $300 that I can save by having a stressful Black Friday experience. Not to mention the fact that I could spend that time productively so essentially I wouldn't need to in the first place!

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ

We pay the price today so we can pay the price tomorrow !

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
That's just silly Bio. You could have saved $50 if you stood in line for 8 hours yesterday!
I have no patience for 8 hours doing silly Sidewalking waiting, let alone 40 years for a Slowlane retirement

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Reminds me of this video I saw from Valuetainment - one of the only great entrepreneurship shows on Youtube.

Edit: I guess some of you make up the meager 12k views that video had. Who would have guessed...

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Reminds me of this video I saw from Valuetainment - one of the only great entrepreneurship shows on Youtube.

Edit: I guess some of you make up the meager 12k views that video had. Who would have guessed... well, I went through the trouble of finding the URL so I'm just going to leave it up.

Why would you leave the post after you found that it was posted before?

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
936%
Jun 7, 2008
Was the only one at the office on Black Friday as well. Getting a clean pic in the parking lot was no issue! Did most online sales in one day we have done all year.
888770c3-88f5-4966-bcc1-69cfcedfc671_zpsgarlcukq.jpg

Saw a Huracan heading other way when I left. Gave each-other a thumbs up (well, I gave a headlight flash). =D

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
My durango was lonely at the office too. Left the bentley at home in garage, it was crappy out.

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
What a reality check! Not only this post but also the video! Lucky, overnight success(or not)

We don't use the word 'lucky' around here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingsta

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Dec 6, 2014
Meh, I was shopping because discountsss :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.