The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Big Mistake ( learn from me )

recon187

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Dec 14, 2013
My biggest mistake so far. Learn from me. I was driving to my office when I received a call
from a client. I was talking through bluetooth. This was my first contact. He said he would call
back in half a hour and had 50 property notes to sell me. I got to my office and waited. No call.
since I was talking through my truck I didn't get his number and vaguely remembered his name.

I was never able to get a hold of him again.

That was a possible $150,000 commission I lost because I didn't pull over and get all his
info. I will beat myself up over something so stupid for the rest of my life. That 1 deal
would of jump started my business by 3 years.

Take time write everything down. Pull over if you're in your vehicle.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Good Luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Were you using your handphone?
Retrace the call and find him before he disappears for real!

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
It's BS. You probably told him that you'll help him when you're back at your office so he got mad and lied that he had 50 property notes to sell to you to make you angry. Now he won't pick up the phone because he knows that he doesn't have 50 property notes to sell you.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
It's BS. You probably told him that you'll help him when you're back at your office so he got mad and lied that he had 50 property notes to sell to you to make you angry. Now he won't pick up the phone because he knows that he doesn't have 50 property notes to sell you.
Huh? Wait, what? It's that bad?

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Huh? Wait, what? It's that bad?

I've experienced a people lying to me a couple of times when I said I'd call them back in 30 mins because I'm driving. Usually they will say the first number that pops in their head like "50" or "100". Then when you call them back they will say that they placed the order with a competitor or not pick up. If it was real you'd likely hear a number such as "48" or "63". I've verified that they lied by having a family member call them and ask. Usually they hugely over exaggerate. For example they wanted to place an order for one item instead of twenty.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
It has happened a similar thing to me this summer, but it was not a potential customer:
I was on vacation, and I was waiting for my turn at a fish truck.
An old man approaches me and tells me "you have no idea how much money these guys earn."
We started to talk and he told me his story, and his results. He runs a company of 50M € in annual revenue.
While the man in the truck was handing him the fish, he told me to contact him at the website of his company, and I hastily said "I will try".
Unfortunately I 've never managed to find him.
I should have asked him his phone number, I still regret it today!
Strange story, but I swear that's the truth :banghead:

paper-boy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2016
You live and you learn. The good thing is, there will be more opportunities to come your way so long as you continue to grow.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Get an answering service. $50 a month and someone always answers and takes down info when your out of the office.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.