The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you feel a barrier between you and 'regular' people?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I

Do you struggle with 'the barrier' too?

yes

the problem with regular people :

1) they have the slowlane mindset

2) they think they are right to have the slowlane mindset

3) they think we are "wrong" to be different and we should keep a low profile with ours ideas

i have good news for you :) :

Albert-Einstein.jpg

Einstein-Quotes-3.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sharilli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 31, 2014
It's a strange feeling, but I will do my best to describe it to you.

Imagine you're behind a window. The glass is not that thick, you can even hear the other person speaking. More, you can nearly feel her breath. You're both laughing and having a great time... and then you want to hug her. BANG! You forgot about the window, did you? You forgot, that you will never be close.

In other words, I connect amazingly with people on a shallow level, but can't get a meaningful relationship. The barrier was there before, but ever since I've read TMFL it is even bigger.

How about you? Do you sometimes feel that people don't understand you?

Even though I've got lots of friends, I feel extremely lonely at times.

Like we and the other people live in a different reality. It's not that we're better, no. But we have different values and mindsets than most people. I read somewhere a comment that said 'If you have one, just one, person in your life who you can wholeheartedly call your true friend... You must be a happy man.'

And boy, does it hurt to not have him.

What do you think about this? Do you struggle with 'the barrier' too?
It's a strange feeling, but I will do my best to describe it to you.

Imagine you're behind a window. The glass is not that thick, you can even hear the other person speaking. More, you can nearly feel her breath. You're both laughing and having a great time... and then you want to hug her. BANG! You forgot about the window, did you? You forgot, that you will never be close.

In other words, I connect amazingly with people on a shallow level, but can't get a meaningful relationship. The barrier was there before, but ever since I've read TMFL it is even bigger.

How about you? Do you sometimes feel that people don't understand you?

Even though I've got lots of friends, I feel extremely lonely at times.

Like we and the other people live in a different reality. It's not that we're better, no. But we have different values and mindsets than most people. I read somewhere a comment that said 'If you have one, just one, person in your life who you can wholeheartedly call your true friend... You must be a happy man.'

And boy, does it hurt to not have him.

What do you think about this? Do you struggle with 'the barrier' too?

Surround yourself with positive people who are eager to change for the better.
One negative friend can make you doubt yourself. Get rid of the parasites.
Connect with smart people, build the brick wall together and keep moving forward.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Do you believe those personality tests? To some extent they might be right, but I think that a human being is constantly changing and adapting. Would be a shame to label yourself with a certain word for a lifetime.
I think I've taken the Socionics, Keirsey, Meyer's Brigg's. I've pretty much changed and adapted to the max. I'm self-actualized. I think pretty much I keep pushing my core personality, but you're not ever going to push and INFJ into being and ESTJ/ESTP. I think I've taken those tests plenty of times.

I believe you can personally develop, change your thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and feelings, but in my experience, I don't believe no matter how much I adapt and adjust it will turn my core personality into something different.

You see INFJ leaders who may drift into the inner darkness of their psyche, and you see others who drift into the light of their psyche. I believe even pushing yourself to much into Extroversion can make you insane if you really wanted to try it out for yourself. As Carl Jung once stated, we have both, but lean on one more than the other. If we didn't we would be insane.

Sure if you talked to me 8 years ago, I was quiet, shy, and never spoke much. Today, I'm quite a loud mouth. I believe this has more to do with maturing, doing a lot of inner work, personal development, and going through the process.

INFJ isn't an excuse for me not to succeed. Being a Mental Toughness Coach, I would say, I've broken through all the Anxiety. Which you can't ever get rid of Anxiety 100%. Anxiety is healthy to a certain extent or you wouldn't get out of danger.

If you've been through a lot of the process of growth and development, you understand yourself. I pretty much fit the INFJ. INFJ just types me, it doesn't define my ability to achieve greatness. It doesn't make me the same as every other INFJ and we're not clones.

I suppose some people don't believe in personality typing. I've pretty much broke it down and studied world wide all the personality methods. Usually no matter how Entrepreneurs re-invent the wheel they've pretty much say similar things. That's just part of being an Entrepreneur. I've probably adapted and adjusted to more than most people in life.

To a certain extent, yes human nature is in all of us. We're all creatures of habit. We all have the same lessons. I believe it would be accurate to say if I stood next to and ESTJ or ENTJ, you would notice right way I was an Introvert. INFJ and INTJ may get along to some degree. On the other hand they would get very irritated by me after awhile, because INFJ's are more emotion and feeling. INFJ's are not as objective like the other three because of the T. I'm around a lot of Introverts in my life. And I can tell you, we're not all the same either.

I do believe there is a difference between Introverts and Extroverts. I do believe we all function in different roles in society, play different parts.

If you didn't have different personalities, than your world would pretty much be out of balance.

Carl Jung stated, archetypes, symbols, meanings, and story telling was needed for the human psyche. If you look back through the centuries, this is all you have. Symbols, pictures, and what someone perceived through their image. What meaning they gave their symbol. What the people in their culture adopted to communicate through their language.

We mirror one another and trigger what needs to be worked out in ourselves. I personally go in depth of the psyche.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.