The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Download Your Competitors' Most Profitable Facebook Ads

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
Hey team!

I'm looking for feedback from marketers who regularly advertise on Facebook.

Would the ability to view/Download Your Competitors' Most Profitable Facebook Ads be useful to you? Is this something you'd pay for or?

Let me know!

Cheers

P.S. Basic website for the idea is here: http://sentientadtech.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 7, 2013
Hey team!

I'm looking for feedback from marketers who regularly advertise on Facebook.

Would the ability to view/Download Your Competitors' Most Profitable Facebook Ads be useful to you? Is this something you'd pay for or?

Let me know!

Cheers

P.S. Basic website for the idea is here: http://sentientadtech.com/

This would be a phenomenal value add (if it works).

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
There are already plenty of tools that do this. What will differentiate you?

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada
There are already plenty of tools that do this. What will differentiate you?

Good question!

1) Facebook changed their API access as of Oct 2015, so direct Newsfeed(other than your own wall, which is useless) access isn't possible anymore. Hence, some software's Ad Inventory is stale. We came up with a work around.

2) Focus on gathering all the ad inventory of one specific niche initially. Then expand. It's best to have 1000s of ads in the health industry, than 20 in the car business, 15 in the health industry, etc

3) Great User Experience at decent price.

4) Export Winning campaigns directly to Facebook Ads Managers

5) Clearly identify which ads are generating traction. Ex. 100 likes on a Page that has 20k followers is meh, vs 100 like on a page with 3000 followers

Last edited:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
You might make money, but this is useless.

The world doesn't need another FB spy tool. Also, have you thought about what FB is going to do to you once they see this? I've seen them ( plus others ) shut down companies and other similar tech like this before. I *ahem* used to own a took like this and I've been advertising on FB since 2007.

You should probably think about what you are getting ready to do a bit more.

Anyone who thinks they can copy some ads, get an advantage, and make money on FB... is someone who doesn't really advertise on FB heavily or know how this all works.

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada

The world doesn't need another FB spy tool. Also, have you thought about what FB is going to do to you once they see this? I've seen them ( plus others ) shut down companies and other similar tech like this before. I *ahem* used to own a took like this and I've been advertising on FB since 2007.

You should probably think about what you are getting ready to do a bit more.

Anyone who thinks they can copy some ads, get an advantage, and make money on FB... is someone who doesn't really advertise on FB heavily or know how this all works.

Thank you for this advice, I truly appreciate it.

Have you seen gaps in this space that are not fulfilled? (or badly fulfilled)

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I think anything closely related to this would eventually get shut down by FB. So if I did give you ideas on market needs that are similar, Im afraid at some point you might just get shut down still.

Fb is fickle. One quarter they are fine with what you are doing. The next they consider the same thing against their policies.

I see a gap in massively split testing ( properly and accurately ) FB ads. Although, I would think it would be hard to convince people of this need ( they tend to not see the reason why ) and it's more "advanced" than what the mom and pop FB advertiser might need.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015

The world doesn't need another FB spy tool.

I get where you're coming from but I think possibly missing a trick there.

I'd be very keen and that's not to copy ads, not to see how to compete with my competitors, it's how to find gaps in what areas my competitors are targetting. Finding green space, without having to trial and error campaigns.

I know what my target market is, but do I know precisely how that clashes with the target market of an organisation three times the size of mine?

Would I bother to compete in that particular market if I didn't?

What if I was selling shoals and big shoal corp was targetting people aged 50-70 who have between one and two grandkids and were getting a 60% conversion. An ad featuring an orange shoal sold less than one with a grey one. Would I instantly put up an ad for grey shoals for people aged 50-70 who had between one and two grandkids, or would I start to trial with making my shoals in funkier colours and start an ad campaign renaming them 'neckies' and targetting the 20's to 30's.. Obviously an extremely simplified example but I think the value in this tool is not to replicate success, but to identify potential.

Spun with 'save time and money and find ads that have potential' I could see a big draw for the mum and pop advertisers who are often scared to compete.

xaviel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Jul 23, 2012
Canada

I'd be very keen and that's not to copy ads, not to see how to compete with my competitors, it's how to find gaps in what areas my competitors are targetting. Finding green space, without having to trial and error campaigns.

I know what my target market is, but do I know precisely how that clashes with the target market of an organisation three times the size of mine?

What if I was selling shoals and big shoal corp was targetting people aged 50-70 who have between one and two grandkids and were getting a 60% conversion. An ad featuring an orange shoal sold less than one with a grey one. Would I instantly put up an ad for grey shoals for people aged 50-70 who had between one and two grandkids, or would I start to trial with making my shoals in funkier colours and start an ad campaign renaming them 'neckies' and targetting the 20's to 30's.. Obviously an extremely simplified example but I think the value in this tool is not to replicate success, but to identify potential.

Spun with 'save time and money and find ads that have potential' I could see a big draw for the mum and pop advertisers who are often scared to compete.

Thank you, this is very insightful!

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013

The problem is, there are tools out there floating around already that do this.

You are not really going to know if the orange shoal does better than gray or if 50-70 really does better than 20-30.

Lets say they put up some ads for orange and gray. Anyone can do that. Maybe the owner had his little brother put them up for him.

They are not correctly done. Its sloppy and thrown up. You can't see that part. ( hint, why I said a tool for correct split testing ).

After a week and premature testing data, they shut down the grey one in favor of the orange one. Now they run the orange one and you think that's a winner when in fact it could be a loser they are running for branding purposes anyways.

This is looking at ads is not always truthful.

I know companies that run ads that lose money or break even and they run them for months. Because their backend makes up for it or they are running remarketing somewhere else on another platform.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
The problem is, there are tools out there floating around already that do this.

You are not really going to know if the orange shoal does better than gray or if 50-70 really does better than 20-30.

Lets say they put up some ads for orange and gray. Anyone can do that. Maybe the owner had his little brother put them up for him.

They are not correctly done. Its sloppy and thrown up. You can't see that part. ( hint, why I said a tool for correct split testing ).

After a week and premature testing data, they shut down the grey one in favor of the orange one. Now they run the orange one and you think that's a winner when in fact it could be a loser they are running for branding purposes anyways.

This is looking at ads is not always truthful.

I know companies that run ads that lose money or break even and they run them for months. Because their backend makes up for it or they are running remarketing somewhere else on another platform.

All very valid and I suppose should have had a caveat that you need to take a wholesome view of things. Like you say, split testing and ensuring that you're comparing apples for apples. It's about finding trends rather than finding a formula I suppose is what I'm getting at

G

GuestA4319

As a former affiliate marketer who is still somehow involved in the community, I see a new spy tool appearing each month. They usually last 1-2 years and they shut down. Probably because the churn is very high on these tools and for affiliates at least, they need it only 3-4 times/year, they don't pay if they don't use the tool. Also, ad networks are putting a lot of effort to keep spy tools and crawlers away, so you need to always be one step ahead which is very hard if you don't have a team of smart engineers.

You can make nice money when you launch with good marketing, but I'm not sure if you can keep it up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.