The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sad quotes from the slowlane

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I was reading a news article today and some quotes really broke my heart.

People really reach for mediocrity. They strive to be average. This broke my heart in that if you want something more it is people like this who tell you that it can't be done, or that you are selfish.

When people tell you something can't be done, or that it is impossible, what they are really doing is telling themselves that. If I say I can quit my job and support myself through whatever "crazy" business venture I am doing and they tell me that's stupid, they really are just confirming their own biased and crappy beliefs.

These people live on a different plane of existence and I don't want them anywhere close to having any influence on me (other than me doing the opposite of what they do). Here are two examples of quotes from an Airmiles article about people spending a huge portion of their life waiting for a loyalty program to give them their "dream, once in a lifetime trip"

• Since the loyalty program launched in 1992, Bielak had been saving up his miles so that he and his wife, Roberta, could take a "trip of a lifetime" to Southeast Asia or Japan
  • Joining the fray is Corey Rogers in Bridgewater, N.S. He had been hoarding his miles for more than a decade so he could take his family to Disney World

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
In my country there's a saying: "Who doesn't steal or inherit, keeps working until he dies" (it rhymes in Dutch). It's quite depressing how much people really believe this.

Other disturbing quotes I heard:
- "The times of earning money by starting your own company is over. Three of my friends tried it and they all failed." (Turned out they all worked in the same company and couldn't just manage their administration and invoicing.)
- "Rich people only get rich by cheating." (Mostly said by people who are so frustrated about their own life and believe they are too good for this world and therefore broke unlike "the rich".)
- "I don't like rich people because they always think they're better than someone else." (Quote from someone with really low self-esteem and therefore feels worse than someone else.)
- "Check this out, this freelance programmer earned €640 for working just one day! So much!" (He asks an hourly rate of €80, and, indeed, must still work hours for his income.)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Rich people are greedy and love earthly wealth. (sounds very churchy, but let's not go there)
You can be happy without money. (ask an African kid about it)
Work hard and you'll get what you want. (for who???)
Don't take risks. Play it safe, be humble, and you'll be satisfied. (what a sad life to live!)
Aim low. Don't try to be smart. (Fastlaners don't even try to be smart)
The government is corrupt and takes all our wealth (if you let it do so via taxes, of course!)
The rich are bullies ( not if you provide value to them!)
A conspiracy to take our wealth exists (people who don't trust themselves to take control blame aliens or goodness knows what for their victimisation)

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Can't understand why people think RICH = GREEDY

For example, soon it's Christmas.
In this period I feel so uncomfortable because the best I can offer to my family and friends is my presence and some cheap presents.
When i become wealthy, I'm sure i'll love this period of the year :)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The more money I make the more I help those around me. I spend more money on shipping, manufacturing, transportation, fees, taxes...

The more money I make the more people's salaries I pay. By working a job I help out a very select few. Who helps more in the long run? Pursuit of success is selfish and greedy? I think not. Being average and mediocre, that's what is selfish.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The more money I make the more I help those around me. I spend more money on shipping, manufacturing, transportation, fees, taxes...

The more money I make the more people's salaries I pay. By working a job I help out a very select few. Who helps more in the long run? Pursuit of success is selfish and greedy? I think not. Being average and mediocre, that's what is selfish.
THAT'S IT! Law of effection!

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Can't understand why people think RICH = GREEDY

-scarcity mentality / zero-sum game mentality (someone else having money means they're keeping me from having it; Bernie economics)

-ignorance

-jealously

-rich people are in the movies

Take your pick.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
A conspiracy to take our wealth exists

that's true. this is called " equality " theory

nature never said that all creatures are equal

never

but it seems that some people managed to brainwashed dumb populations since the last 200 years with theories that are against nature

this is one of the most brilliant " tour de force " ( trick ) that i have ever studied as a case of social engineering.

i wish i had the talent of these social engineers.

one of my hero is walter lippman

the guy understood that people are too stupid to let them manage society with their opinion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Lippmann

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Opinion_(book)

quote :

"The political élite are members of the class of people who are incapable of accurately understanding, by themselves, the complex "unseen environment" wherein the public affairs of the modern state occur; thus, Lippmann proposes that a professional, "specialized class" collect and analyze data, and present their conclusions to the society's decision makers, who, in their turn, use the "art of persuasion" to inform the public about the decisions and circumstances affecting them "

we call it " the medias "

lipp2.jpg

lipp.jpg

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

that's true. this is called " equality " theory

nature never said that all creatures are equal

never

but it seems that some people managed to brainwashed dumb populations since the last 200 years with theories that are against nature

this is one of the most brilliant " tour de force " ( trick ) that i have ever studied as a case of social engineering.

i wish i had the talent of these social engineers.

one of my hero is walter lippman

the guy understood that people are too stupid to let them manage society with their opinion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Lippmann

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Opinion_(book)

quote :

"The political élite are members of the class of people who are incapable of accurately understanding, by themselves, the complex "unseen environment" wherein the public affairs of the modern state occur; thus, Lippmann proposes that a professional, "specialized class" collect and analyze data, and present their conclusions to the society's decision makers, who, in their turn, use the "art of persuasion" to inform the public about the decisions and circumstances affecting them "

we call it " the medias "

View attachment 13707

View attachment 13708

Suppose you're at a red light on a deserted highway.
There isn't another car for miles and the light is not turning green.
The law clearly states it is illegal to cross a red light.

At what point do you decide to break the law and proceed through the red light?
And once you've crossed that arbitrary line, where do you draw your new line?
and WHO judges where that line should be drawn?

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
"too many bastards out there" we must separate ourselves from the sheep

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
The Canadian news brought me these goodies today:

for young people looking toward the future, there's the possibility they may never be able to earn a secure retirement.

Reading it up at work for a bit to see whats going on. Apparently there are no good jobs and everyone is doomed because we all rely on "secure full-time jobs".

I was talking with a friend up here who I confide business stuff in, trying to open his mind a bit. Every word I get back is about how this won't ever work, and how I should read some book about a millionaire teacher and a wealthy barber. I get told I should read Dave Ramsay (I think that's his name), who tells people to stop spending and to save your pennies, because that is the ONLY way to ahead in life.

This always highlights how important it is to find those who have already broken out of the mould, or who have opened their minds and are searching. For the vast majority of people they could be handed the keys to freedom, all it requires is a little tiny bit of hard work. "Wait work? No thanks!". Somehow the world has been brainwashed that doing ANYTHING outside of "normal" is impossible, and going to work a minimum of 40 hours a week for 40 years is just something that has to be done. Somehow THAT isn't considered hard, it isn't considered work, it's just something you have to do...

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I can't work out if this is slowlane or sidewalk. It's like some disgusting hybrid that I heard today.

"I only play the lotto if it's above £100m"

What even is that logic?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I can't work out if this is slowlane or sidewalk. It's like some disgusting hybrid that I heard today.

"I only play the lotto if it's above £100m"

What even is that logic?

I do that. Over $100m I'll buy ONE ticket.

But it's not my retirement plan lol. Just for fun.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I do that. Over $100m I'll buy ONE ticket.

But it's not my retirement plan lol. Just for fun.

It hurt my brain trying to puzzle out why they would have that rule. So I asked and they said "It's not worth it for less than £100m"

I kinda commend that attitude, like anything less than £100m is below them. On reflection, maybe it's a fastlane attitude... hahah

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
It hurt my brain trying to puzzle out why they would have that rule. So I asked and they said "It's not worth it for less than £100m"

I kinda commend that attitude, like anything less than £100m is below them. On reflection, maybe it's a fastlane attitude... hahah
If you're gonna win it might as well be enough for the next ten generations lol

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

It's the mindset of a loser, honestly. It's the mindset that says, "I won't make even minimal effort unless the payoff is enormous", which is a guaranteed way to not commit to a process of continuous improvement. These are the "if I just get that raise", or "if I just get a better job" people.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
let them (slowlaners) play the lottery or whatever they choose; it is quite unfortunate that they cannot utilize the creativity or power to create their own destiny and live a life of their choosing.... they tend to believe in these games and gimmicks time and time again... It is quite appalling here in the south how many people continue to play the lottery, gamble on a WEEKLY basis and indulge in cigarettes, tobacco products, booze, bars etc on again a WEEKLY basis.... after working 40-60 hours in some plant or some job that they have become immersed with, the splurging and need/want for some satisfaction is ever so rampant these days....

20/80 principle is ever so true these days; 20 % of everything imaginable (whether it be companies in an industries, personnel in a company, goods in a store) are actually worth it and doing majority of the lifting; the latter are just scraping by for the crumbs.

the 80% that play lottery, or dream of "secure jobs or security per say" can continue to believe that

just more motivation for us to keep on keeping on.

Trivium iz rC

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jan 23, 2014
Starting to hear this a lot more from my millennial friends.

"America was never great" "American will never be great"

All I can see is opportunity in E-Commerce, SAAS, IOT(Connected smart devices). Jesus you think if you just put your phone down for a second and looked around. Now that the internet & smart phones have matured, it's only up from here!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I live in one of the most expensive places in the world. If you're living on just $2000 a month here, you're in poverty.

I myself am lucky that I'm skilled with computers so even if I decided to abandon business, I could still just get a full-time job and live a comfortable life here. For most milennials here though, the outlook of getting a job and being able to support yourself is very bleak.

It seems like having your own business here is going to be necessary just to survive, not even live well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.