The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brand New To This Forum.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from NYC, I work at a trucking company I prefer to keep private. I get paid weekly, I'm 25 years old, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next.

Im trying to educate myself to get more money but I'm failing to take any action. So far I've learned about these sources of income:

• FBA aka selling on amazon
  • Email listing
  • SEO
  • Selling on EBay
  • Buying Gold and Silver
To be honest, I haven't did any of these but soon I plan to buy some precious metal and keep my savings in the form of gold and silver.

However, I have a desire to make other sources of income and become a master in different fields like money, blogging etc.

Two ideas I have right now is to take a course on Udemy to learn how to write an ebook. The ebook is going to be about financial education (an ebook). I'm going to make like 1,000 posters with the colors that attract customers. Then I'm going on all the major train lines (7,4,5,2,S,etc) and post these advertisements. The color pique their interest to hurry up and buy my book. Basically a color psychology teqhnique.

However I haven't done this yet because I work 50 hours a week and it's hard to find time. When I do have time, I'm regretfully losing it to mindless activities like YouTube and video games.

Another idea I have is a window cleaning service where I hire a guy who goes around to barbershops and salons and clean the windows for an economical price of $19.99.

I'm here because I would be grateful if members of this site share techniques and advice with me on how to make a better income. College is out the question right now cause I can't afford it.

My main desire is for someone to help show me a path or help suggest what I need to do to break from my shell, take action and learn about making money and business. Maybe this is wishful thinking but I don't care I just need some guidance if this makes sense.

I'm actually annoyed that foreigners can come from different countries and make it here. I was born here in the USA especially the greatest city in the world, NY, yet I failed as a citizen to give back to this world or use the resources to become someone of value. I believe in myself tho that I have hidden potential and talent. I just need the right push. Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Welcome!

Have you read the book? The book discusses many concepts that are talked about in this forum.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Im trying to educate myself to get more money

However, I have a desire to make other sources of income and become a master in different fields like money

Your profile says you've read the book, I suggest you try read it again.

soon I plan to buy some precious metal and keep my savings in the form of gold and silver.

for what? do you know anything about investing in precious metals?

Two ideas I have right now is to take a course on Udemy to learn how to write an ebook. The ebook is going to be about financial education

Do you have any expertise in this area, any experience, what value could you possibly provide if you haven't?

I'm going to make like 1,000 posters with the colors that attract customers. Then I'm going on all the major train lines (7,4,5,2,S,etc) and post these advertisements. The color pique their interest to hurry up and buy my book. Basically a color psychology teqhnique.

Colours don't make sales, a good product does. Is the flier plan even legal? Do you require a permit in NYC to do this?

Here's a video of a world class violonist in the subway, how many people stopped to listen? What makes you think they'll not only read your poster but take action?

Another idea I have is a window cleaning service where I hire a guy who goes around to barbershops and salons and clean the windows for an economical price of $19.99.

Again, what value do you provide here? What do you do bring to the table that this guy couldn't just do on his own?

I'm here because I would be grateful if members of this site share techniques and advice with me on how to make a better income. College is out the question right now cause I can't afford it.

Why do you think you can write a book about financial education then?

I'm actually annoyed that foreigners can come from different countries and make it here. I was born here in the USA especially the greatest city in the world, NY, yet I failed as a citizen to give back to this world or use the resources to become someone of value. I believe in myself tho that I have hidden potential and talent. I just need the right push. Thanks for reading.

You said it yourself, you need to become someone of value, you need to provide value to the world before you can receive but so far all you've talked about is your own selfish desires.

Stick around, learn and see where you can provide value instead of just "making money"

good luck

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I don't believe that you read the book.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from NYC, I work at a trucking company I prefer to keep private. I get paid weekly, I'm 25 years old, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next.

Im trying to educate myself to get more money but I'm failing to take any action. So far I've learned about these sources of income:

• Email listing
  • SEO
  • Selling on EBay
  • Buying Gold and Silver
To be honest, I haven't did any of these but soon I plan to buy some precious metal and keep my savings in the form of gold and silver.

However, I have a desire to make other sources of income and become a master in different fields like money, blogging etc.

Two ideas I have right now is to take a course on Udemy to learn how to write an ebook. The ebook is going to be about financial education (an ebook). I'm going to make like 1,000 posters with the colors that attract customers. Then I'm going on all the major train lines (7,4,5,2,S,etc) and post these advertisements. The color pique their interest to hurry up and buy my book. Basically a color psychology teqhnique.

However I haven't done this yet because I work 50 hours a week and it's hard to find time. When I do have time, I'm regretfully losing it to mindless activities like YouTube and video games.

My main desire is for someone to help show me a path or help suggest what I need to do to break from my shell, take action and learn about making money and business. Maybe this is wishful thinking but I don't care I just need some guidance if this makes sense.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Welcome!

Have you read the book? The book discusses many concepts that are talked about in this forum.
Thanks. I haven't read the book entirely. Is the book available on amazon kindle for iPhone? If so I'd read right now start to finish.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC

Your profile says you've read the book, I suggest you try read it again.

for what? do you know anything about investing in precious metals?

I'm reading 2 books right now. Precious metals investing for dummies and how to buy gold and silver by mike Maloney.

The day before yesterday something strange hit me and told me I should invest in gold and stuff. I'm also buying stuff off of propertyroom auction so I can sell scraps for money etc.

Do you have any expertise in this area, any experience, what value could you possibly provide if you haven't?

Right now I'm taking courses on iTunes university. Khan academy, standford, and Yale are providing excellent learning materials on iTunes U for free and I'm learning a plethora of wealth. It's great. Also I wanna do things different and help communities or the lower class to emotionally and psychologically stop being broke and actually keep their money for more imports any things. I don't see anyone doing that right now.

Colours don't make sales, a good product does. Is the flier plan even legal? Do you require a permit in NYC to do this?

Well the flier I have is actually going to be eye catching if that makes sense. Haven't finish the final product but I believe it's gonna pique interest. I'm not sure if the flier plan is legal I'd have to check that but there's this spirit doctor who pastes his fliers all over the subway and people see it. But yeah I should check the legality of that thanks.

Here's a video of a world class violonist in the subway, how many people stopped to listen? What makes you think they'll not only read your poster but take action?

You have a valid point. Indeed true by my thing is different. It's a desire and impulse people can't ignore. I'm learning psychology and marketing to take advantage of this. Also my poster is gonna have a hot babe on it.

Again, what value do you provide here? What do you do bring to the table that this guy couldn't just do on his own?

Yeah I'm different and my plan hasn't before been seen. Maybe it has but my creativity will set me apart.

Why do you think you can write a book about financial education then?

I'm helping the younger generation and parents living in the ghetto and stuff to get financially stable. It's gonna be different and not traditional. Something new and innovating. Personally I'm passionate it about it because I'm tired of my friends being in debt I wanna help them get out of it.

You said it yourself, you need to become someone of value, you need to provide value to the world before you can receive but so far all you've talked about is your own selfish desires.

Stick around, learn and see where you can provide value instead of just "making money"

Thank you for this response. I appreciate it and I'm gonna humble myself.

good luck

My replies inside quote

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Don't try to be a 'master' in different fields in money or blogging. Too many people have tried to pose as the ultimate niche guru and as a result, my info feeds are spammed with guru BS. look at TMF section of Paradox of Practice.

BTW, consider eliminating your Youtube and video game addiction. Since you are exposed to the Fastlane, you have no choice but to fight for your life and succeed before Slowlane mediocrity kills you. Anyway those activities never brought you true freedom.

The window cleaning service is very Slowlane unless you hire lots of guys and vans to spread out or provide for MAGNITUDE -wiping skyscrapers. The latter idea requires more heavy-tech, but there's the entry barrier to protect that niche!

As for college, I would see it as a blessing. You will have to learn faster and better than those academic nerds in order to build your Fastlane, and you can, as you see the world as it is and not through some brainwashing academic hogwash. Academics are important, but their theories are based on perfect environments....and the world is far from that. But you can do well as long you adhere to the Fastlane doctrine.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Don't try to be a 'master' in different fields in money or blogging. Too many people have tried to pose as the ultimate niche guru and as a result, my info feeds are spammed with guru BS. look at TMF section of Paradox of Practice.

BTW, consider eliminating your Youtube and video game addiction. Since you are exposed to the Fastlane, you have no choice but to fight for your life and succeed before Slowlane mediocrity kills you. Anyway those activities never brought you true freedom.

The window cleaning service is very Slowlane unless you hire lots of guys and vans to spread out or provide for MAGNITUDE -wiping skyscrapers. The latter idea requires more heavy-tech, but there's the entry barrier to protect that niche!

As for college, I would see it as a blessing. You will have to learn faster and better than those academic nerds in order to build your Fastlane, and you can, as you see the world as it is and not through some brainwashing academic hogwash. Academics are important, but their theories are based on perfect environments....and the world is far from that. But you can do well as long you adhere to the Fastlane doctrine.

Thanks, I'm gonna check the paradox of practice forum pretty soon. Yeah I read a book that has the same idea siimilar to yours, don't try to play different roles etc.

Yeah the time I'm wasting on YouTube and video games needs to be immediately. Didn't open the YouTube app today or play video games. Your words are very meaningful to me and I'm gonna do my best to avoid medicocrity. I'm actually immersing myself in fast lane and enjoying the content.

Yeah I might ditch the window cleaning service. I was gonna hire my brother to go around to different shops etc to offer cleaning services but it does seem very slow lane.

In summary, I'm definitely going to commit to the fast lane doctrine. Thank you. Here's to my journey! Cheers.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

Cleaning carpets is probably the most slow lane, "building a lucrative job" business I could probably think of - yet it's been executed here with great success from what I've read. Anything can be fast lane, even cleaning a dirty window.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hey everyone,

• Email listing
  • SEO
  • Selling on EBay
  • Buying Gold and Silver

How long have you been in trucking?

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Hey everyone,

• Email listing
  • SEO
  • Selling on EBay
  • Buying Gold and Silver

You newbs always present the forum with such verbosity, such massive piles of words. In one sentence, discuss your grand ebook plan. A few lines later, you titillate us with your terribly nuanced views on xenophobia and immigration (a violation of the rules, btw).

God gave you two ears, and one mouth. Do the math; talk less, listen more.

Go back and re-read The Millionaire Fastlane , and honestly reflect on the concept of finding a market need. If you discover a true market need, you've more than half won the battle; the rest boils down to process, function, servicing the marketplace, scaling, etc.

Don't just half-a$$ read the book. Read @MJ DeMarco 's threads. Read the words of the veterans, and you will see a truth continually reverberating throughout the forum. Through deep immersion, you pick up on subtle hints and techniques, like MJ's point that the discovery of needs comes a kind of natural result of deep immersion in the process. In other words, the right needs to pursue... could be right under your nose. The right need to pursue... is the right need to pursue... irrespective of what your hobbies, concerns, interests and desires are. The right need to pursue... doesn't care about of that, or your feelings. If you had your head on a little more straight - and were truly focused - instead of asking the forum to do your own research for you, then you would probably have realized that your employer (the trucking company) has needs that you can help them more efficiently meet. Instead, what you've done is flat-out admit that you haven't read the book, and have applied a similar half-arsed attempt in real life... and now you'd like us to fill in the gaps for you?

My fellow millennial, I offer you my most heartfelt and simultaneously sarcastic "thank you" and "atta boy" for perpetuating the stereotype of our generation's entitlement mindset.

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Cleaning carpets is probably the most slow lane, "building a lucrative job" business I could probably think of - yet it's been executed here with great success from what I've read. Anything can be fast lane, even cleaning a dirty window.
Probably another option is to create household gadgets that would cut down time and cost more effectively. But for some reasons..I don't see a lot of inventors around here! :(
We would have to outsource to China for the production and you've got to be careful with the Chinese dealers..

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
You newbs always present the forum with such verbosity, such massive piles of words. In one sentence, discuss your grand ebook plan. A few lines later, you titillate us with your terribly nuanced views on xenophobia and immigration (a violation of the rules, btw).

God gave you two ears, and one mouth. Do the math; talk less, listen more.

Go back and re-read The Millionaire Fastlane , and honestly reflect on the concept of finding a market need. If you discover a true market need, you've more than half won the battle; the rest boils down to process, function, servicing the marketplace, scaling, etc.

Don't just half-a$$ read the book. Read @MJ DeMarco 's threads. Read the words of the veterans, and you will see a truth continually reverberating throughout the forum. Through deep immersion, you pick up on subtle hints and techniques, like MJ's point that the discovery of needs comes a kind of natural result of deep immersion in the process. In other words, the right needs to pursue... could be right under your nose. The right need to pursue... is the right need to pursue... irrespective of what your hobbies, concerns, interests and desires are. The right need to pursue... doesn't care about of that, or your feelings. If you had your head on a little more straight - and were truly focused - instead of asking the forum to do your own research for you, then you would probably have realized that your employer (the trucking company) has needs that you can help them more efficiently meet. Instead, what you've done is flat-out admit that you haven't read the book, and have applied a similar half-arsed attempt in real life... and now you'd like us to fill in the gaps for you?

My fellow millennial, I offer you my most heartfelt and simultaneously sarcastic "thank you" and "atta boy" for perpetuating the stereotype of our generation's entitlement mindset.

I'm gonna talk less and listen more. I needed this, the truth.

Bought the book as I read your words:

otonbd.png

2u6056p.png

I'm off to study the book diligently. I'm going to re read chapter 1 twice before moving on to chapter 2, then read chapter 2, and so on.

I'm taking this serious- straying away from an entitlement mindset.

GeoffP

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 26, 2016
Woodland Hills, CA

otonbd.png

2u6056p.png

I'm off to study the book diligently. I'm going to re read chapter 1 twice before moving on to chapter 2, then read chapter 2, and so on.

(1) Read the book
(2) Read the GOLD posts here
(3) Read books recommended by long time users
(4) Execute on knowledge from (1)-(3)

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
(1) Read the book
(2) Read the GOLD posts here
(3) Read books recommended by long time users
(4) Execute on knowledge from (1)-(3)
Yes. Thank you. Liked so I can come back to this post to keep my memory and goals fresh.

Rhiru

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 9, 2016
Portugal

Respect.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...