The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is learning NLP very necessary to run a successful business?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Is cheating on a test necessary to pass?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
lexluthorcakes.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Learning NLP is not necessary. Learning how to master your mind is.

The problems you have in your personal life (low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, pessimism, laziness) will affect your business life but you don't necessarily need to use NLP to deal with them (it's only one of the tools you can use to solve them).

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
If you want to SELL NLP training like some self-improvement gurus, I guess you'll have to.... :)
If not, it's not mandatory.
But if you did have prior training, your sales and staff development could be enhanced.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Learning to run a successful business is what's necessary to run a successful business.

Also taking action on something and not constantly seeking out the "key" learning that's going to change everything for you.

Oops...I may have just given away the "key" learning that's going to change everything for you!

You owe me unlimited $$$ forever. Cash only please. :smuggy:

JayMakaveli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 2, 2016
Learning NLP is not necessary. Learning how to master your mind is.

The problems you have in your personal life (low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, pessimism, laziness) will affect your business life but you don't necessarily need to use NLP to deal with them (it's only one of the tools you can use to solve them).

But would you consider NLP to be used majority of the time for deceptive reasons to take advantage of situations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
But would you consider NLP to be used majority of the time for deceptive reasons to take advantage of situations?

Would you consider Google to be used the majority of the time as an internet landing page for nothing and certainly not for their search feature, especially how to discover what NLP is used for?

Do you think MTF spends his days tracking metrics on NLP to know how the majority of Earth's population applies it in their lives? What would it even matter if NLP were "used majority of the time for deceptive reasons?" Is that how you would use it? Or are you simply influenced by others perception of you for "using" NLP and don't want to be seen as a "bad" person?

I think you need clarity about what you're asking because right now it seems your questions are for the sake of asking questions. What is it you really want to know?

By the way, my specific questions just now are part of NLP's Meta Model. They probably didn't talk much about that in The Game or whatever silly book brought NLP to the surface of your mind as the Evil Genius's ONE Simple Tool to Rule the World...

If I were you, I'd scroll up to the forum search feature in the top right of your screen and type in:

"Mindset"

Work on that first. Also read the book.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
The above

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe learning to run a successful business will teach you NLP, at least the aspects of NLP most-required for success.

I bet lots of entepreneurs unknowingly practice NLP throughout their daily lives.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Maybe learning to run a successful business will teach you NLP, at least the aspects of NLP most-required for success.

I bet lots of entepreneurs unknowingly practice NLP throughout their daily lives.
Since we think differently from the 99%, I guess we need to have a stronger and more resilient mindset. We are providing value at high scale and magnitude after all.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Since we think differently from the 99%, I guess we need to have a stronger and more resilient mindset. We are providing value at high scale and magnitude after all.

Word, brother.

And people wanna look at me crazy, because I feel the need to crack open a Dr. HAHA Lung book every once in awhile?

The higher you set your aspirations, the more vicious and vigiliant the beasts become - beasts that guard the gates that stand between you and immortal glory.

Learn how to battle and defeat such beats, lest you feel your bones break between their jaws.

Last edited:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'm following a NLP podcast right now. It's only 10 minutes long each.

Is it necessary? No, I don't think so. I was selling dating leads before I had heard of NLP. That being I don't think it can do any harm to learn some best practices by using NLP techniques.

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
I'm following a NLP podcast right now. It's only 10 minutes long each.

Is it necessary? No, I don't think so. I was selling dating leads before I had heard of NLP. That being I don't think it can do any harm to learn some best practices by using NLP techniques.

Which podcast is this Sanj?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Which podcast is this Sanj?

NLP In Action by Mike Sweet. It's only 10-15 mins long per podcast so you will need to make some notes and follow up with your own research.

Fukuokasan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jan 8, 2016
Spain
The above

NLP is about "copying" (modeling) the MENTAL PROCESS of someone who is DOING what you want to DO ( master). This master cant explain you, his or her mental procesos because he dont do it CONSCIOUSLY. NLP is about becoming aware of how someone make something succssesfully so you can teach it to anyone

The pioners of NLP did it with sucsesfull therapist at first.

They discover some interesting things about humans. We are programmed to do what we do in terms of survival.

What stop us from doing what we want to do is an UNCONSCIOUS BELIEF. Changeing this belief is the key. When you change the belief you DO what you have to do, in terms of ACTION. If you think UNCONSCIOUSLY, for example, that the rich are evil, you cant have a business to be rich.

That is because in this forum the people talk about the mindset, but they fotget the unconcious parte of it.

Some people could think that this is bullshit, and if they think it, it is for them, but in my experience the humans work as i brevely explained. (Hard to do it in English).

In response to your answer. It is not necesary but if you want to learn NLP, exactly aplied to the goal you want to reach

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I don't believe you need to learn NLP. I would learn it just because you're competitor's are aware of NLP, and if you're not educated on NLP, in the business world I suppose you would be kind of blind sided by certain techniques.
I'm just one who believes in being educated and if you're educated you're more prepared for life.
NLP can have it's pro's and con's like anything else in the world.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
If you want to SELL NLP training like some self-improvement gurus, I guess you'll have to.... :)
If not, it's not mandatory.

As someone who sells NLP, I'll say it's not mandatory but it's one big effing mistake for anyone who doesn't learn how to master their mind and their emotions. I built an app company which has 1.01 million downloads before I even heard what NLP was. But that came with struggle and frustration.

I used to fall into waves of downward spirals and negative thought loops which lasted for 2 years at the longest point.
Now, I can quickly interrupt that pattern and get myself on an upward spiral in 20 minutes.

I used to fear emailing an influencer because of...you know what it really is? Some type of feeling inside of you, an emotional blockage from doing it. That used to prevent me from sending the emails indefinitely. Months would go by without taking action.
Now, after about 5-10 minutes, I can release that blockage so I do the things I need to do.

Before, i spent 967 days running around with a chicken with its' head cut off, not knowing what to do.
Now, I do things like imagine floating into my future, looking back to see what I did to get to that goal, and all of a sudden a new neural pathway is lit up and I know exactly what steps I take.

As Jordan Belfort said during one his presentations "Before you can master your outer world, you must first master your inner world."

Options 1 -
If you want to continue running a sloppy, under-performing operating system - go ahead. You'll eventually push through the struggles within a few years, build the positive habits by repetition.

Option 2 - learn how to reprogram your mental computer yourself. This is what I did. This saved a lot of money, but it took a long time.

Option 3 - Hire a computer repairman to make the fixes for you, and take it in for a tune up when things need a little boost. This will cost you money, but save you time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.