The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Confronting my career dilemma

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Digital marketing or Programming?

Digital marketing:

Digital marketing agencies are growing like mushrooms nowadays, is it a good choice to go further down into this field, since it has now a low barrier to ENTRY? At the same time, I can't deny learning marketing because it's a valuable skill set, and in a Fastlane business, I'm sure marketing will help a ton.

What about DM as a freelance job to raise capital? Is DM worth pursuing in a third-world country where a fresh doctor is paid $1000 (being optimistic) a month? I've seen my cousins study 10 hours every day (and they're going to do it for 5 years) and I think it isn't fair working that hard for that much pay. Also, the Script tells me every day to become a doctor, pilot, or engineer.

Is it worth the time to start a digital marketing agency? Anyone who runs an agency, do you have the time to try new business ideas? I'm concerned that if I start an agency I might not be able to free my time after growing it.

I'm definitely going to be learning HTML, CSS in the future tho

Programming:

I don't know much about programming if I'm being honest, but I want to know if programming is worth the time? Like learning to using it in a business or becoming a consultant?
I've heard it takes you 1000 hours to learn it and 3000 more hours to master it and become a valuable programmer.

Right now I'm young and I have the time to take risks, where do you think a guy who is interested in marketing should go?

TL;DR: I just want to know if digital marketing will not die as a business in the future because I keep hearing rumors on the internet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ensoniq2k

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 15, 2021
Germany (South-West)
I'm a professional software developer myself. IMO it's not really a choice to become one, your either qualified by your way of thinking or will always struggle.

I also joined Fox Web School (forum sponsor) and the consent is that it is way more important to know how to manage outsourcing the work than doing it yourself.

So if you're not naturally interested in programming I wouldn't recommend trying to pursue it. It's hard and frustrating, you have to have the right personality to achieve greatness.

Marketing on the other hand is the skill I'm currently pursuing since it's the number one skill to have if you want to succeed in business. You product can be bad but with good marketing you will find paying customers. The other way around it is very hard to get sales.

So I would recommend marketing since you'll need it for yourself anyway. It's also always better to know something yourself when outsourcing it so you don't get screwed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.