The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 year old entrepreneur advice

Krishanp_07

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 10, 2023
@Johnny boy @Saad Khan @Andy Black @Fox
Asking all the successful entrepreneurs on the forum, what advice would you give to your 15 year old self on your entrepreneurship journey? Is there anything you regret not doing at 15?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Asking all the successful entrepreneurs on the forum, what advice would you give to your 15 year old self on your entrepreneurship journey? Is there anything you regret not doing at 15?
Keep learning new things and build highly monetisable skills like copywriting, marketing, development, etc.

Read good books, go to gym, and eat healthy.
Build good habits that will benefit you in the long run.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I would've gone balls to the wall because nothing mattered and it's like gambling with gifted money when you're 15.

I can't go into specifics on here but I would've had a lot more fun and I would've started a business way earlier.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
Asking all the successful entrepreneurs on the forum, what advice would you give to your 15 year old self on your entrepreneurship journey?
There are plenty of threads that address this issue in-depth, I would go ahead and read them because there is a lot of gold posted by people that are very smart and successful.

Very brief summary of what I would do if I were 15:
  • max out training in the gym
  • max out education - be the biggest nerd and devour information and skills
  • max out socializing and having fun

The money will come later. But first you have to focus on the skills and habits that will be the root of your future success.

Remember that we live in a deterministic universe governed by cause and effect. The seeds that you plant right now... that's the garden that you will have in 10 years.

So proceed with caution.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Other members have already shared their advice. Here's mine:

Know the difference between a "prospect" and a "client". When you and the other person agree on a price for the work, that's when that person becomes your client. Otherwise, everything else is prospecting.

Learn about my personality type. I would take a test at 16personalities.com and learn about myself. I'd understand my weaknesses and strengths. Personally, I've realized that I come off as intimidating in my physical interactions (I'm assertive unless I'm talking to someone I respect) sometimes and I don't regard emotions as much.

And trust people until they give me a reason not to. I think this is both a blessing and a curse. In most cases, its a blessing provided you actually conduct background checks on people.

In short,

Learn how to build
Learn how to sell

When you do both, you're unstoppable.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Two younger guys on this forum who have crushed it are @Envision and @G_Alexander.

They both documented their journey from a very young age on here to now both now being on the Inc500.
I would start with studying all their posts, write a ton of notes, and then making your own game plan.

15 is so young. If you just have a decent but consistent baseline of solid habits and actions you will crush it.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Two younger guys on this forum who have crushed it are @Envision and @G_Alexander.
They are an inspiration! Mad props to both of them documenting their journey.

constant

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
Be friends only with successful, happy and fortunate people, or with those who will soon be successful. Don't hang around with losers and degenerates, don't try to fix them. Just block them and ignore them at school.

Make sure your diet, sleep, and exercise regimen are in order. The body you build now will be the foundation for the rest of your life. Lift weights and eat steak & eggs.

When you start a business, leverage your natural strengths.
Don't start an SMMA just because that's what every Youtuber is telling you these days.

Don't fall for the self-improvement trap. You don't need 10 habits like meditation, journaling, visualization, 1h morning routine, etc. to be successful. Just wake up and get shit done.

Avoid modern vices like junk food and technology-related addictions.
Don't consume too much news or social media, the world isn't on fire even if it seems so.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
I would focus on probably four things depending on where you want to end up in life.

1. Get jacked - This builds confidence... start on rippletoes starting strength and then move to madcow 5x5 and get to a 225 bench/315 squat/405 deadlift within a couple years. Then look at moving into more hypertrophy type exercises... I see too many kids doing arms and chest and not building a foundation.
2. Get into a team sport - Im hyper competitive and its from playing sports growing up, swimming, wrestling, football, track... I played sports all through high school and pivoted that mentality into business. All my core friends today are from football in middle and high school.
3. Find a skillset - I was always selling something growing up... duct tape wallets, tshirts, food... If i had learned more about the mechanics of selling it definitely would have helped and you have youtube access. I didnt have it at the level you have it today. Go learn from Hormozi and Alex Becker.
4. Also, learn how to speak to people especially girls. I meet too many "successful guys" that are dorks - they have money cause they need it to talk to chicks and they're generally not good people.. I never had an issue talking to beautiful women and dated them from the time I was your age till now. If you can talk to to a 10/10 you can talk to a CEO. This means you have to practice and the sooner you start, the better.

I did all those things and by the time i was 18/19 I started to research and get into ecom/real estate. Dont rob yourself of the growing up , all the girls are in one place and all your friends are in that same place. You get to do it once and there's no do overs. Do it right.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
I would focus on probably four things depending on where you want to end up in life.

1. Get jacked - This builds confidence... start on rippletoes starting strength and then move to madcow 5x5 and get to a 225 bench/315 squat/405 deadlift within a couple years. Then look at moving into more hypertrophy type exercises... I see too many kids doing arms and chest and not building a foundation.
2. Get into a team sport - Im hyper competitive and its from playing sports growing up, swimming, wrestling, football, track... I played sports all through high school and pivoted that mentality into business. All my core friends today are from football in middle and high school.
3. Find a skillset - I was always selling something growing up... duct tape wallets, tshirts, food... If i had learned more about the mechanics of selling it definitely would have helped and you have youtube access. I didnt have it at the level you have it today. Go learn from Hormozi and Alex Becker.
4. Also, learn how to speak to people especially girls. I meet too many "successful guys" that are dorks - they have money cause they need it to talk to chicks and they're generally not good people.. I never had an issue talking to beautiful women and dated them from the time I was your age till now. If you can talk to to a 10/10 you can talk to a CEO. This means you have to practice and the sooner you start, the better.

I did all those things and by the time i was 18/19 I started to research and get into ecom/real estate. Dont rob yourself of the growing up , all the girls are in one place and all your friends are in that same place. You get to do it once and there's no do overs. Do it right.
This is pure gold.

Every single word in this post is right.

Even the "getting jacked" procedure is completely on point. Build strength before bodybuilding for mass. This will both make bodybuilding a lot easier since you'll be able to pump heaver iron, and most importantly, it will supercharge your nervous system - granting you superior mental resilience and focus, which you'll be using in business and all other areas of your life.

Mashal 7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Mar 5, 2023
Karachi, Pakistan

4. Also, learn how to speak to people especially girls. I meet too many "successful guys" that are dorks - they have money cause they need it to talk to chicks and they're generally not good people.. I never had an issue talking to beautiful women and dated them from the time I was your age till now. If you can talk to to a 10/10 you can talk to a CEO. This means you have to practice and the sooner you start, the better.​

Hey Envision! I might be a bit late, but still, at the age of 17, I better start asking the RIGHT questions before I regret it. I find your journey truly inspirational:

• Just as you recommended, I plan to do a job for a few months and develop decent sales skills. (Learn to persuade, make offers, etc)

• Meanwhile, I'll invest in Digital Marketing as a specialized skill, leave sales, and do a marketing job full-time to gain experience.

As for my understanding, SALES AND MARKETING can get the ball Rolling for ANY Business I start in the future. (still, a valuable product is important)

SALES + DIGITAL MARKETING

Now, with this as a foundation, I have a few questions:

Q:
What decision-making methodology made you Choose And Focus On e-commerce/Real estate as Wealth Creation Routes (you could have done a lot of other things)? And How Can I use it to figure out such a combo for myself?

Q: What are your methods of learning about Real Estate? Both Online And Offline. Real Estate in my country is drastically different than in the US. So, how can I figure it out?

Q: As you have grown successful e-commerce brands, Do you see it as fitting The CENTS framework, MJ describes in his book? due to decreasing barriers of entry, and lesser control.

Would love to hear back.

Cheers
!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!