What's new

18 years old and working full time... On my roadmap. Change from sidewalk to fastlane.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

poylgonss

New Contributor
I realize this might be a long read for an intro and I apologize. I have so much respect and passion for this place I started writing and my fingers would not stop.

I am 18 years old and from Caledon, Ontario. I graduated high-school in July.
Throughout high-school I got extremely bad grades in everything except the things I was interested in (computer science/computer engineering). In my spare time I played video games, edited call of duty montages as a youtube partner (which brought in a couple thousand views with one going up to 40,000), did photography (my instagram is "polygoning" if you would like to see my work), played guitar (3 years), worked out 3-6 times a week (2 years) and played baseball (6 years).

In high-school:
I was what my be described as a "f***ing loser/nerd" for the first two years of high-school, they called me "lanky bastard" because I was so tall and skinny. I could have cried about it and blamed it on my "metabolism" but instead I hit the gym and worked hard.

First lesson in taking action was when:
I gained 30 pounds of muscle in TWO YEARS because I CHOSE TO CHANGE. That was my first lesson in taking action. Despite all that time and work people still act like it is just "how I am". (Google "lanky bastard reddit" my poorly written fitness story is on reddit and shirtless pictures of me from a year ago ;)).

I realized that people love events and TMF highlighted it. Then I realized if I kept doing what I was doing I would always get what I got in EVERYTHING I do. It was easy to apply the discipline I had from working out to taking daily action and learning. In fact during those two years I spent the time when I wasn't in the gym on fitness forums until I was knowledgeable enough to contribute my own value to them.

To me this is simply that start of a new process. The difference is the pay off and stakes this time are so much larger.

What brought me here:
CAME FOR THE BOOK, STAYED FOR THE AMAZING INFORMATION.
This forum is full of rich information (literally). I have been lurking ever since I read TMF. I dropped everything in my life just to finish TMF from cover to cover and didn't stop until it was over then after lurking the forum I started the Gary Halbert challenge (read 6 of the books so far) as well as learning SEO and I am working on my second website (first one failed terribly due to lack of planning, created broad content in a super competitive field and really had no idea what I was doing, still don't).

What am I doing here:
I come here, I shut up my thoughts and I realize that when someone says something here it's valuable. TMF CHANGED MY LIFE. I used to spend at least 4 hours a day playing counterstrike and league of legends without purpose. Now I spend 8-12 hours a day expanding my knowledge with a purpose. I used to spend $30 a week on junk food I didn't need and now I have saved nearly $200, bought hosting for a website and I am learning how to make my website rank/get traffic, then how to monetize that traffic.

My goals:
I want to live in Toronto, own multiple successful businesses and achieve financial freedom and after that I want to create value for other people and help them achieve the same thing.

Why these goals?
I grew up in a family where my dad was always at work and my mom was always stressing about money... Yet they would have no problem spending on things that did not matter.
Money is a goal for me, but my purpose is the advancement of myself and the people around me in knowledge and ability to take action.

How I am going to get there where I am:
Saving family money like crazy/getting a job.

"I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE FASTLANE FORUM?"
My excuse right now is that I do not have capital, enough knowledge/experience or any financial security. I am incredibly new, and from what I see I am incredibly young and inexperienced in life. But I am not a person to let any limitation I put on myself control where I end up, I have already learned that and I am still learning that every day.

Today I am attending an introductory SEO meeting in Toronto I found on MeetUps. The last month I have been learning Copywriting, the last week I have been learning SEO and tomorrow I WILL begin the process of ranking my affiliate site and using my newbie copywriting skills. SEO lacks control, affiliate marketing lacks entry and I lack capital, knowledge and experience. But to me these are just the first stepping stones on my fastlane journey.

Thank you for having me!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni @quzmhuptt !

Wisz podi opvsu.

Zua tuapf nadj nusi nevasi vjep 18 :)

Vji citv efwodi O duamf howi zua ev zuas ehi ot vu djuuti zuas gsoipft xotimz.

Vsz vu ettudoevi xovj qiuqmi zua muul aq vu us efnosi op tuni xez, qiuqmi xju esi taddittgam epf esi huoph qmedit. Ov siemmz xomm sac ugg up zua.

Emtu, Tjesl Vepl hasa & Ipvsiqsipias Feznupf Kujp jet e cuul dunoph uav op e gix nupvjt vjev zua nohjv ci opvisitvif op:
"Vji Quxis ug Csuli: Jux Inqvz Qudlivt, e Vohjv Cafhiv, epf e Japhis gus Tadditt Dep Ciduni Zuas Hsievitv Dunqivovowi Efwepvehi"

Ximduni! Vjot gusan ot e vxu xez tvsiiv tu xi muul gusxesf vu vji optohjv epf xotfun gsun zuas iyqisoipdit zua jewi vu tjesi et ximm! Liiq xusloph vuxesft vjuti huemt!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom