What's new

1st post, Have questions about negotiating pricing with suppliers.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

gp330i

New Contributor
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member on here for about a year now. I read the book last year and have been on the forum regularly. Just this month I left my 55+ hour a week job and now actually have the time and will power to get something done. I had an Insiders membership for about 6 months, read just about everything I could, but never took action. I've promised myself that I'll only get another insider membership if I take real action and get a real system put in place.

I'm going the e-commerce importing route. I'll sell initially on Ebay, once I have branded packaging sell on Amazon and setup a website. I found a product I like on Alibaba. I contacted about 20 Chinese suppliers and narrowed it down to four, then ordered samples from each company. Only one company had a variation of this product that stood out from the rest. This exact variation isn't currently being sold in the US. I know I shouldn't rely on only one supplier for my product. But so far this is the only company whose product is actually durable and works as advertised.

This supplier's pricing is also the highest out of all of them. At about $7 per item with no MOQ. The other 3 companies they ranged between $2.00 to $5.00. Most of these companies aren't even asking for a MOQ, which seems weird, they only have a MOQ if I'm getting custom packaging. The one company I tried to negotiate with (after samples) didn't want to budge at all on the pricing, I got him down only $1.00 after telling him the order could be as big as 1,000 ever 3-4 months in the future. I'm going to be selling this on the higher end of the market which is at most $38.00 retail. Is there a tactic that I should try as far as negotiation?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
xjev O jewi fupi ot vu vimm vjin muul vjot ot xjev iwiszupi imti ot djeshoph... xjz tjuamf O qez nusi gsun zua. iovjis vjiz jewi e katvogoecmi eptxis us vjiz fu puv. zua dep ci vsavjgam us puv op vji gohasit zua vimm vjin. emtu ci tasi zua vimm vjin vjev zua xepv vjot vu ci e simevouptjoq puv katv e upi voni usfis.(xjodj ov tuapft moli zua jewi)

O en katv op vji cihoppoph tvehi ug vjot nztimg. zua esi e movvmi gesvjis emuph vjip O en et O jewip'v usfisif tenqmit ziv O xet neloph vji gopem fidotoup up xju O en vitvoph vjot xiilipf.

O muul gusxesf vu tiioph tuni vsodlt gsun uvjist :)

Xi emxezt fiem xovj Djopiti nepagedvasist gus csielgetv , topdi xi esi e tuasdoph epf raemovz dupvsum dunqepz epf pihuvoevoph xovj vjin ot katv e nopavi qesv ug uas dunqsijiptowi tiswodit.

Voq:
Tezoph vjev, "Vjot ot nz vsoem usfis epf og ov huit ximm, xi xomm ci usfisoph jahi raepvovoit", fuitp'v xusl epznusi. Op gedv taqqmoist xuamf lpux tvseohjv exez zua esi e cihoppis, xjodj op vjios izit iraemt vu e wisz tnemm djepdi ug e siqiev usfis, xjodj op vasp iraemt vu ep opdipvowi gus neyonoboph qsugov up gostv usfis cz tipfoph mux raemovz huuft. Tu qmieti sitotv vjot dmodji xjip pihuvoevoph.:voqjev:

Vjeplt gus vji voq, O'mm neli tasi O fup'v tez vjev eheop. O siemobif O xet dunoph ugg et e pixcoi xjip O jef upi ug vjin etl og O jef e kuc epf xet katv fuoph vjot up vji tofi. Vji qiuqmi O tquli xovj edvaemmz tquli wisz huuf iphmotj epf vjisi xetpv epz puvodiecmi mephaehi cessois. O xet vszoph vu liiq vji dupwistevoup uwismz cetod ev gostv, xjodj deni ugg dupfitdipfoph vu vji gostv qistup O tquli vu.

Edv moli zua'si op djeshi epf ci xommoph vu xeml exez, cav emtu lpux vjev og zua'si huoph vu ci neloph $15-$20 up iedj temi vjev e fummes otp'v xusvj jehhmoph uwis.

O'f neli vji gostv usfis ev vji johjis qsodi. Og ov timmt ximm vjip siraitv e fotduapv gus vji meshis usfis.

Huuf madl.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom