The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

3 critical tips to a young entrepreneur...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Stevie Drive

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
371%
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
"Hello, my name is ******, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm only 16 years old right now, but I want to get into business when I get older. I've read one of your comments and was wondering if you could give me any tips, on things I should start doing now to learn how to run a successful business. Thank you for your time."

Got a private message today on a specific forum I am a part of. I get messages pretty regularly but one thing that was noteworthy about this one was that it was from a teenager who wants to start out in business.

I always enjoy helping out young bucks because I was one once. Ambitious, optimistic, but not having a single da** clue about business.

But I constantly went out there and tried things out out. Tinkered a lot. And I always reached out to more successful people and collected their wisdom like gold.

We have plenty here in this forum, especially wisdom directly from the big pipeline - MJ, which is invaluable, but here's my humble contribution for the day just in case there's some young ones here. But young or old, you should benefit from this post if you're starting out.

Wish I had more time to respond to his message as I responded quickly before going out for lunch but here's what I wrote him:

hey thanks for reaching out.

firstly, I want to praise you for your courage messaging people who are more successful than you are and having the mindset of learning because success is a process and not a result.

I would first surround myself with people who are way more successful than I am because we begin to move towards who we admire and what we believe in what we can do.

You might think as a 16 year old making a lot of money is not possible but I have met 17 year old millionaires. If you see it, then you begin to believe that maybe, you can do it too also.

So you must surround yourself with the right people.

It may be difficult to meet someone like that in real life so why not friend them on facebook? People are usually still receptive about accepting friend requests from strangers and even if they don't accept you, you can still follow them and read about how they think and behave. And that belief will smear off on you over time.

Secondly, I'd figure out myself more. What I like, what I dislike, what I value etc because you will need to find a business that suits your personality or even if you achieve the biggest success in the world, you might be miserable. Because vehicles to success are all different.

Sure you can be extremely successful by being a lawyer, but if you hate talking, you will be miserable.

So align your business with your personality. Because you will spend most part of your life in your work and if you hate your work, then you will be miserable most part of your life.

But if you LOVE your work, then you will be happy most part of your life. In fact, it won't even feel like work - meaning, you'll never "WORK" a single day of your life!

Most people don't talk about this and just chase after dollars blindfolded, but you'd want to be rich AND happy.

Having money without happiness is the ultimate failure.

So find a business model that is aligned with your personality and values.

Thirdly, remember to have fun, enjoy the ride, and always help other people out! Business exists to help other people. In fact, more you help others, more money you will make.

Because bottom line, business is about solving problems and more and bigger problem you solve FOR them, more handsomely you'll get rewarded in return.

So have a good heart, be humble, and work hard.

You'll be rich, happy, AND become a better person. :)

Welcome to the greatest profession in the world!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.