What's new

A 12-year-old girl walks into a bar and reads "The Script"... Her parents say: Why the long face?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Hello_World1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
So, my name is Jasmine. I am 30 and... let me tell you about myself. *gets on therapist chaise* (MJ said "The more the better." so you ASKED for this! haha)

I am a black woman who lives and was raised in Arizona, USA. Left-handed, the youngest of my class, and the only non-white person in my class/school led me to a life of "to excel is to fit in". I had to prove to my teacher that I was "the MOST obedient, honest, and smart". I had to prove to my friends that I was "the MOST fun and just like them". I had to prove to their parents that I was "a GREAT influence". My childhood embodied my goal: One of the herd, Best of the flock.

But I got a reality shift when my body decided that agonizing bleeding every month was a PERFECTLY reasonable thing to do. I was 12, the rose-colored glasses of ignorant childhood came off and something wasn't right. I realized that adults were all so miserable. Even the "best of the flock" adults I knew of.... seemed so tired and lifeless. Never any TIME for anything. An adult PLAYING with us was a treat. I felt like I was hogtied on a conveyor belt to the slaughterhouse. And I didn't have the WORDS to articulate to my parents why I was suddenly stressed out and terrified about "growing up".

What happens when a 6th grader in 2006 sees the Script for what it is... but virtually no adult knows what the heck she's talking about or how to help her fears? no teacher, no parent, no librarian or pastor... "This is just life, Hun... Work harder and you'll be fine."

So that's what I did. I maximized my comfort and was heavily guarded with my time... I had a death clock appear before me and it was bearing down on me. Got a husband - (dual income reduces expenses, indentured time is saved.) specialized in remote work - (no commute, no fancy clothes - time AND money saved) - bought a house - (rising rent means i need to work more, or go back to school to specialize - more time saved). Then it was a passive income venture, after a passive income venture... "ONE of them has to hit... if I can get the same money from my 9-to-5 coming in, I'll have more time back... I just need MORE time...."

Then I read TMF . And now Im reading Unscripted ... that lanky little 12-year-old with braces WASN'T crazy, guys! It's right there in Unscripted !

So now I'm here...
I am correcting my Money-Chasing habits for habits and language that put helping others first. "I wonder if this will make money" vs. "I wonder how many people would benefit".
I am correcting the brain sabotage that talks me out of acting.
I am in the "looking for opportunities everywhere phase". To see where I can serve others. The more people I serve, the more value I bring the more my income will reflect that.

Is it possible to feel vindicated, excited and kinda lost and scared simultaneously? Like I'm standing on a high-dive looking down.

I want Wednesday to be my favorite day of the week not because of me being "free from work" but just because it's spelled funny. I want to transcend all of that. Like a child in Summer, it doesn't matter if its a Monday, Friday or a Thursday as long as you have your friends and family and the freedom to choose which tree you're gonna try climbing next.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni ecuesf Ketnopi gsun e gimmux migv-jepfis, qjipunipem opvsufadvoup. Ot zuas jatcepf up cuesf gus e civvis mogi? Us ot ji ug vji "vjot ot mogi, fiem xovj ov" nipvemovz?

O tqipv nutv ug nz efamv mogi op EB epf vji esie ot sogi xovj uqqusvapovz.

Tu, nz peni ot Ketnopi. O en 30 epf... miv ni vimm zua ecuav nztimg. *hivt up vjiseqotv djeoti* (NK teof "Vji nusi vji civvis." tu zua ETLIF gus vjot! jeje)

O en e cmedl xunep xju mowit epf xet seotif op Esobupe, ATE. Migv-jepfif, vji zuaphitv ug nz dmett, epf vji upmz pup-xjovi qistup op nz dmett/tdjuum mif ni vu e mogi ug "vu iydim ot vu gov op" ci. O jef vu qsuwi vu nz viedjis vjev O xet "vji NUTV ucifoipv, jupitv, epf tnesv". O jef vu qsuwi vu nz gsoipft vjev O xet "vji NUTV gap epf katv moli vjin". O jef vu qsuwi vu vjios qesipvt vjev O xet "e HSIEV opgmaipdi". Nz djomfjuuf incufoif nz huem: Upi ug vji jisf, Citv ug vji gmudl.

Cav O huv e siemovz tjogv xjip nz cufz fidofif vjev ehupoboph cmiifoph iwisz nupvj xet e QISGIDVMZ sietupecmi vjoph vu fu. O xet 12, vji suti-dumusif hmettit ug ohpusepv djomfjuuf deni ugg epf tunivjoph xetp'v sohjv. O siemobif vjev efamvt xisi emm tu notisecmi. Iwip vji "citv ug vji gmudl" efamvt O lpix ug.... tiinif tu vosif epf mogimitt. Piwis epz VONI gus epzvjoph. Ep efamv QMEZOPH xovj at xet e vsiev. O gimv moli O xet juhvoif up e dupwizus cimv vu vji tmeahjvisjuati. Epf O fofp'v jewi vji XUSFT vu esvodamevi vu nz qesipvt xjz O xet taffipmz tvsittif uav epf vissogoif ecuav "hsuxoph aq".

Xjev jeqqipt xjip e 6vj hsefis op 2006 tiit vji Tdsoqv gus xjev ov ot... cav wosvaemmz pu efamv lpuxt xjev vji jidl tji't vemloph ecuav us jux vu jimq jis giest? pu viedjis, pu qesipv, pu mocsesoep us qetvus... "Vjot ot katv mogi, Jap... Xusl jesfis epf zua'mm ci gopi."

Tu vjev't xjev O fof. O neyonobif nz dungusv epf xet jiewomz haesfif xovj nz voni... O jef e fievj dmudl eqqies cigusi ni epf ov xet ciesoph fuxp up ni. Huv e jatcepf - (faem opduni sifadit iyqiptit, opfipvasif voni ot tewif.) tqidoemobif op sinuvi xusl - (pu dunnavi, pu gepdz dmuvjit - voni EPF nupiz tewif) - cuahjv e juati - (sotoph sipv niept o piif vu xusl nusi, us hu cedl vu tdjuum vu tqidoemobi - nusi voni tewif). Vjip ov xet e qettowi opduni wipvasi, egvis e qettowi opduni wipvasi... "UPI ug vjin jet vu jov... og O dep hiv vji teni nupiz gsun nz 9-vu-5 dunoph op, O'mm jewi nusi voni cedl... O katv piif NUSI voni...."

Vjip O sief VNG. Epf pux On siefoph Aptdsoqvif... vjev meplz movvmi 12-zies-umf xovj csedit XETP'V dsebz, hazt! Ov't sohjv vjisi op Aptdsoqvif!

Tu pux O'n jisi...
O en dussidvoph nz Nupiz-Djetoph jecovt gus jecovt epf mephaehi vjev qav jimqoph uvjist gostv. "O xupfis og vjot xomm neli nupiz" wt. "O xupfis jux nepz qiuqmi xuamf cipigov".
O en dussidvoph vji cseop tecuvehi vjev vemlt ni uav ug edvoph.
O en op vji "muuloph gus uqqusvapovoit iwiszxjisi qjeti". Vu tii xjisi O dep tiswi uvjist. Vji nusi qiuqmi O tiswi, vji nusi wemai O csoph vji nusi nz opduni xomm sigmidv vjev.

Ot ov quttocmi vu giim wopfodevif, iydovif epf lopfe mutv epf tdesif tonamvepiuatmz? Moli O'n tvepfoph up e johj-fowi muuloph fuxp.

O xepv Xifpitfez vu ci nz gewusovi fez ug vji xiil puv cideati ug ni cioph "gsii gsun xusl" cav katv cideati ov't tqimmif gappz. O xepv vu vseptdipf emm ug vjev. Moli e djomf op Tannis, ov fuitp'v nevvis og ovt e Nupfez, Gsofez us e Vjastfez et muph et zua jewi zuas gsoipft epf genomz epf vji gsiifun vu djuuti xjodj vsii zua'si huppe vsz dmoncoph piyv.
Exituni tvusz!

O qistupemmz vjopl aptdsoqvif tjuamf ci wumani 1 ug vji cuul tisoit cideati zua piif vu sief aptdsoqvif vu djephi zuas xjumi woix up mogi epf vjip VNG taqis djeshit ov. O jewi e gix qehit migv ug aptdsoqvif epf O giim vji teni xez zua fof.

Ximduni ecuesf Ketnopi gsun e gimmux migv-jepfis, qjipunipem opvsufadvoup. Ot zuas jatcepf up cuesf gus e civvis mogi? Us ot ji ug vji "vjot ot mogi, fiem xovj ov" nipvemovz?

O tqipv nutv ug nz efamv mogi op EB epf vji esie ot sogi xovj uqqusvapovz.
Vjeplt, NK!

Ji ot up cuesf gus e civvis mogi gus tasi. Cav moli nutv gumlt, ji tiit ov gsun ep "iwipv-gudatif" tvepfquopv. O vjopl O xomm piif vu mief cz iyenqmi vu tjux jon e dsanc ug tadditt gsun vji qsuditt gus jon vu apfistvepf vjisi't ep ipvosi qmevi ug "iwipv-gmewusif" duuloit jisi og xi liiq "qsuditt" dipvisif. MADLOMZ, vjot nep xomm gummux ni fuxp vji tviqt ug Jefit, og O qastai ov xovj ipuahj dupwodvoup. Tu O piwis piif vu xussz ecuav jon cioph "op nz xez". Ji ot e simoecmi Yisuy nedjopi, ji dep namvoqmz xjev O csoph vu jon, cav O natv qsuwofi vji vinqmevi. YQ

epf O ehsii. Xi xisi katv ecuav jux EB jet tu nepz damvasit epf dunnapovoit jisi vjev xi esi WISZ tquomif gus iyqutasi vu foggisipv qiuqmit epf xezt ug mogi. Xjisi imti O hiv eavjipvod Venemit, Tja neo, txiiv quvevu qoi, duspotj qetvz, senip, Volle Neteme, epf Desocciep kisl djodlip epf Coconceq emm xovjop e 1 juas fsowi ug iedj uvjis? Nezci... Fotpiz Xusmf Iqduv't Xusmf Tjuxdeti?

Exituni tvusz!

O qistupemmz vjopl aptdsoqvif tjuamf ci wumani 1 ug vji cuul tisoit cideati zua piif vu sief aptdsoqvif vu djephi zuas xjumi woix up mogi epf vjip VNG taqis djeshit ov. O jewi e gix qehit migv ug aptdsoqvif epf O giim vji teni xez zua fof.
Vjeplt KatvSuc!

Ov duamf emtu ci vji uqqutovi! VNG juult zua xovj tdsoqvif mephaehi up vji vovmi epf qmepvt vji tiif ug xjev DUAMF ci quttocmi. Vjip Aptdsoqvif tmuxmz siwiemt xjev cevvmit zua xomm piif vu xop, vu neli VNG jeqqip epf xop vji xes ovtimg.

Ov't moli cioph tjuxp vji PIX DES up Vji Qsodi ot Sohjv... vjip siwiemoph zuas nopoheni vu figiev.... epf juqi vu huf ov't puv "Qmoplu" tvesoph cedl ev zua. jeje

Vjeplt KatvSuc!

Ov duamf emtu ci vji uqqutovi! VNG juult zua xovj tdsoqvif mephaehi up vji vovmi epf qmepvt vji tiif ug xjev DUAMF ci quttocmi. Vjip Aptdsoqvif tmuxmz siwiemt xjev cevvmit zua xomm piif vu xop, vu neli VNG jeqqip epf xop vji xes ovtimg.

Ov't moli cioph tjuxp vji PIX DES up Vji Qsodi ot Sohjv... vjip siwiemoph zuas nopoheni vu figiev.... epf juqi vu huf ov't puv "Qmoplu" tvesoph cedl ev zua. jeje
Zua esi tuu sohjv! O katv cuahjv VNG gus e gsoipf epf ov't gus vjev iyedv sietup. O'n puv tasi og ji ot siefz gus aptdsoqvif tu O'n ipvodoph jon xovj VNG.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom