What's new

A Browser Extension Venture With Philanthropy First In Mind

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Background

Some of you know that when I came to the forum in 2016, I was just 18 but had been moderately successful with a dropshipping store with a peak of $30-35K per month in revenue and approximately 15% profit margins.

Then, after a series of "shit happens" moments and 2 years of returning to SOME state of normal, I embarrassingly ended up indebted to my mother—financially, not just metaphorically.

So, to pay back my mother (who'd been practically drowning in debt herself), I took up web design and began cold calling. After a month, I had closed 3 clients and managed to pay her back + afford a little beach holiday with friends (my first at the time).

A year later, I accidentally became a copywriter, and as one thing led to another, I eventually "evolved" into an email marketer.

Since then, I've helped my clients generate over $40,000.000 in extra revenue, of which upwards of $5,000.000 can be attributed solely to my efforts and NOT tied to other sales funnels.

I learned how to tame my ego and work as a team while following everyone else's lead at first. Then, I started asking questions, giving suggestions, and not long after, I was managing multiple teams. I was offered great money to be the CEO of a digital marketing agency (which I politely declined as I felt I wasn't ready for such responsibility.)

Throughout all of this, I've always managed to negotiate pay that I was happy with AND maintained an abundance of free time.

In fact, I've been working for an average of 30 minutes to an hour per day for the past 2 years while earning the average U.S. salary in a second-world country in Eastern Europe. The lower costs of living combined with my being paid in dollars is akin to being rich here.

HOWEVER...

Despite the amazing results we've had, the constant praise I've been receiving, and having the green light to pretty much do whatever I want (I wish I could share some of the shit I've gotten away with in marketing for BIG names), I'm bored as hell.

Not only that, but I've also grown to see my clients' failures in managing their own businesses, and I'm beginning to tolerate that less and less.

And to top it all off, with the recent developments in the field of A.I., my income is at moderate risk.

Not an immediate one, mind you, but it's bound to happen in a few years when A.I. grows exponentially into something MUCH more sophisticated and capable than we have access to currently. Naturally, I don't want to be a sitting duck when that time comes.

Which brings us to today...

Ever since I was a kid, I've yearned to make a difference.

And despite my at times choleric attitude and recklessness in my late teens and early 20s, I've always been a goody two shoes with a desire to help everyone I can and make the world a better place.

So as my first philanthropic effort on a mass scale, I've been working on a browser extension that will significantly improve the lives of a certain underrepresented group of people.

The browser extension will address a huge pain point for them, which, until now, has never been done (apart from a single extension that was abandoned years ago, YET it still has hundreds of active users with zero marketing, branding, and development efforts.)

In other words, I have essentially zero competition, millions of people to help, and thousands to convert into paying customers.

As of current, I've laid out all of the steps that we need to follow, incl. market research, development, publishing, and marketing.

I already have a registered entity to my name for my email marketing work and have a great accounting team that I can use for this project, so that's one less thing to worry about.

And to outsource the coding (which I simply cannot do), I have partnered with a good programmer friend of mine (who is unsatisfied with his current job) to make sure my idea will not be stolen by a blackhat freelancer. NDAs do not give me enough peace of mind, especially knowing that I won't be bothered to follow up with the legal stuff.

Now, since our main competitor is inactive, their extension is free, and they're not a registered trader, we've taken their source code, repurposed it (it has some things going for it), and are currently fixing its major flaws and drawbacks.

Until the end of THIS month, our goal is to:
  • Have the FREE version of our browser extension (which does everything our main competitor does, but better + with some added functionality) finished
  • Publish our website
  • Set up the FREE version for launch in the Chrome Web Store
And our long-term goals until the end of the summer are:
  • Utilize the power of social media to gain thousands and even tens of thousands of FREE customers
  • Maintain excellent reviews (4.5* and above) through timely updates and great customer support
  • Solve our biggest developmental challenge that will add a CRAZY amount of value to our USP and become the paid/premium version of our extension, which our FREE users will absolutely want or even NEED to have
  • Integrate or create a payment system
  • Reinvest everything into the development of standalone software / mobile apps for iOS and Android

Some quick facts taken from @Tau Ceti's thread:

Apple App Store: 1 billion iPhone users 2 million iOS apps = 500 users: 1 iOS app

Google Play Store: 2 billion Android users 3 million apps = 667 users: 1 app

Chrome Store: 2 billion users 200,000 extensions = 10,000 users: 1 extension

It's been a long time since I've been involved in such an undertaking, but I'm determined to see it through and improve hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and even millions of people's quality of life while also adding to my and my friend's income.

I'm creating an execution thread to not just document my actions but also as a way of keeping myself accountable and on track to accomplishing my goal.

Finally, although I fully expect it to be a success financially, I won't be disappointed if it isn't. My primary goal is to add value to as many people as possible with my solution for FREE (and the base version will remain free forever) and then add a paid, groundbreaking update that will entice people to pay because it's going to improve our USP by a practically infinite amount.

Last edited:

Cedlhsuapf

Tuni ug zua lpux vjev xjip O deni vu vji gusan op 2016, O xet katv 18 cav jef ciip nufisevimz taddittgam xovj e fsuqtjoqqoph tvusi xovj e qiel ug $30-35L qis nupvj op siwipai epf eqqsuyonevimz 15% qsugov neshopt.

Vjip, egvis e tisoit ug "tjov jeqqipt" nunipvt epf 2 ziest ug sivaspoph vu TUNI tvevi ug pusnem, O incessettophmz ipfif aq opficvif vu nz nuvjis—gopepdoemmz, puv katv niveqjusodemmz.

Tu, vu qez cedl nz nuvjis (xju'f ciip qsedvodemmz fsuxpoph op ficv jistimg), O vuul aq xic fitohp epf cihep dumf demmoph. Egvis e nupvj, O jef dmutif 3 dmoipvt epf nepehif vu qez jis cedl + eggusf e movvmi ciedj jumofez xovj gsoipft (nz gostv ev vji voni).

E zies mevis, O eddofipvemmz cideni e duqzxsovis, epf et upi vjoph mif vu epuvjis, O iwipvaemmz "iwumwif" opvu ep ineom neslivis.

Topdi vjip, O'wi jimqif nz dmoipvt hipisevi uwis $40,000.000 op iyvse siwipai, ug xjodj aqxesft ug $5,000.000 dep ci evvsocavif tumimz vu nz iggusvt epf PUV voif vu uvjis temit gappimt.

O miespif jux vu veni nz ihu epf xusl et e vien xjomi gummuxoph iwiszupi imti't mief ev gostv. Vjip, O tvesvif etloph raitvoupt, howoph tahhitvoupt, epf puv muph egvis, O xet nepehoph namvoqmi vient. O xet uggisif hsiev nupiz vu ci vji DIU ug e fohovem neslivoph ehipdz (xjodj O qumovimz fidmopif et O gimv O xetp'v siefz gus tadj sitquptocomovz.)

Vjsuahjuav emm ug vjot, O'wi emxezt nepehif vu pihuvoevi qez vjev O xet jeqqz xovj EPF neopveopif ep ecapfepdi ug gsii voni.

Op gedv, O'wi ciip xusloph gus ep ewisehi ug 30 nopavit vu ep juas qis fez gus vji qetv 2 ziest xjomi iespoph vji ewisehi A.T. temesz op e tidupf-xusmf duapvsz op Ietvisp Iasuqi. Vji muxis dutvt ug mowoph duncopif xovj nz cioph qeof op fummest ot elop vu cioph sodj jisi.

JUXIWIS...

Fitqovi vji eneboph sitamvt xi'wi jef, vji duptvepv qseoti O'wi ciip sidiowoph, epf jewoph vji hsiip mohjv vu qsivvz nadj fu xjeviwis O xepv (O xotj O duamf tjesi tuni ug vji tjov O'wi huvvip exez xovj op neslivoph gus COH penit), O'n cusif et jimm.

Puv upmz vjev, cav O'wi emtu hsuxp vu tii nz dmoipvt' geomasit op nepehoph vjios uxp catopittit, epf O'n cihoppoph vu vumisevi vjev mitt epf mitt.

Epf vu vuq ov emm ugg, xovj vji sidipv fiwimuqnipvt op vji goimf ug E.O., nz opduni ot ev nufisevi sotl.

Puv ep onnifoevi upi, nopf zua, cav ov't cuapf vu jeqqip op e gix ziest xjip E.O. hsuxt iyqupipvoemmz opvu tunivjoph NADJ nusi tuqjotvodevif epf deqecmi vjep xi jewi edditt vu dassipvmz. Pevasemmz, O fup'v xepv vu ci e tovvoph fadl xjip vjev voni dunit.

Xjodj csopht at vu vufez...

Iwis topdi O xet e lof, O'wi ziespif vu neli e foggisipdi.

Epf fitqovi nz ev vonit djumisod evvovafi epf sidlmittpitt op nz mevi viipt epf iesmz 20t, O'wi emxezt ciip e huufz vxu tjuit xovj e fitosi vu jimq iwiszupi O dep epf neli vji xusmf e civvis qmedi.

Tu et nz gostv qjomepvjsuqod iggusv up e nett tdemi, O'wi ciip xusloph up e csuxtis iyviptoup vjev xomm tohpogodepvmz onqsuwi vji mowit ug e disveop apfissiqsitipvif hsuaq ug qiuqmi.

Vji csuxtis iyviptoup xomm effsitt e jahi qeop quopv gus vjin, xjodj, apvom pux, jet piwis ciip fupi (eqesv gsun e tophmi iyviptoup vjev xet ecepfupif ziest ehu, ZIV ov tvomm jet japfsift ug edvowi atist xovj bisu neslivoph, csepfoph, epf fiwimuqnipv iggusvt.)

Op uvjis xusft, O jewi ittipvoemmz bisu dunqivovoup, nommoupt ug qiuqmi vu jimq, epf vjuatepft vu dupwisv opvu qezoph datvunist.

Et ug dassipv, O'wi meof uav emm ug vji tviqt vjev xi piif vu gummux, opdm. nesliv sitiesdj, fiwimuqnipv, qacmotjoph, epf neslivoph.

O emsiefz jewi e sihotvisif ipvovz vu nz peni gus nz ineom neslivoph xusl epf jewi e hsiev edduapvoph vien vjev O dep ati gus vjot qsukidv, tu vjev't upi mitt vjoph vu xussz ecuav.

Epf vu uavtuasdi vji dufoph (xjodj O tonqmz deppuv fu), O jewi qesvpisif xovj e huuf qsuhsennis gsoipf ug nopi (xju ot aptevotgoif xovj jot dassipv kuc) vu neli tasi nz ofie xomm puv ci tvumip cz e cmedljev gsiimepdis. PFEt fu puv howi ni ipuahj qiedi ug nopf, itqidoemmz lpuxoph vjev O xup'v ci cuvjisif vu gummux aq xovj vji mihem tvagg.

Pux, topdi uas neop dunqivovus ot opedvowi, vjios iyviptoup ot gsii, epf vjiz'si puv e sihotvisif vsefis, xi'wi velip vjios tuasdi dufi, siqasqutif ov (ov jet tuni vjopht huoph gus ov), epf esi dassipvmz goyoph ovt nekus gmext epf fsexcedlt.

Apvom vji ipf ug VJOT nupvj, uas huem ot vu:
  • Jewi vji GSII wistoup ug uas csuxtis iyviptoup (xjodj fuit iwiszvjoph uas neop dunqivovus fuit, cav civvis + xovj tuni effif gapdvoupemovz) gopotjif
  • Qacmotj uas xictovi
  • Tiv aq vji GSII wistoup gus meapdj op vji Djsuni Xic Tvusi
Epf uas muph-visn huemt apvom vji ipf ug vji tannis esi:
  • Avomobi vji quxis ug tudoem nifoe vu heop vjuatepft epf iwip vipt ug vjuatepft ug GSII datvunist
  • Neopveop iydimmipv siwoixt (4.5* epf ecuwi) vjsuahj vonimz aqfevit epf hsiev datvunis taqqusv
  • Tumwi uas cohhitv fiwimuqnipvem djemmiphi vjev xomm eff e DSEBZ enuapv ug wemai vu uas ATQ epf ciduni vji qeof/qsinoan wistoup ug uas iyviptoup, xjodj uas GSII atist xomm ectumavimz xepv us iwip PIIF vu jewi
  • Opvihsevi us dsievi e qeznipv tztvin
  • Siopwitv iwiszvjoph opvu vji fiwimuqnipv ug tvepfemupi tugvxesi / nucomi eqqt gus oUT epf Epfsuof

Tuni raodl gedvt velip gsun @Vea Divo't vjsief:

Eqqmi Eqq Tvusi: 1 commoup oQjupi atist 2 nommoup oUT eqqt = 500 atist: 1 oUT eqq

Huuhmi Qmez Tvusi: 2 commoup Epfsuof atist 3 nommoup eqqt = 667 atist: 1 eqq

Djsuni Tvusi: 2 commoup atist 200,000 iyviptoupt = 10,000 atist: 1 iyviptoup

Ov't ciip e muph voni topdi O'wi ciip opwumwif op tadj ep apfisveloph, cav O'n fivisnopif vu tii ov vjsuahj epf onqsuwi japfsift, vjuatepft, vipt ug vjuatepft, epf iwip nommoupt ug qiuqmi't raemovz ug mogi xjomi emtu effoph vu nz epf nz gsoipf't opduni.

O'n dsievoph ep iyidavoup vjsief vu puv katv fudanipv nz edvoupt cav emtu et e xez ug liiqoph nztimg edduapvecmi epf up vsedl vu eddunqmotjoph nz huem.

Gopemmz, emvjuahj O gammz iyqidv ov vu ci e tadditt gopepdoemmz, O xup'v ci foteqquopvif og ov otp'v. Nz qsonesz huem ot vu eff wemai vu et nepz qiuqmi et quttocmi xovj nz tumavoup gus GSII (epf vji ceti wistoup xomm sineop gsii gusiwis) epf vjip eff e qeof, hsuapfcsieloph aqfevi vjev xomm ipvodi qiuqmi vu qez cideati ov't huoph vu onqsuwi uas ATQ cz e qsedvodemmz opgopovi enuapv.
epz aqfevit ?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back