The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join today.

Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has helped entrepreneurs win their freedom with over 38,000 game-changing posts. Join over 90,000 members and a library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

A Day in the Unscripted Life of Kwame in Accra, Ghana

Idea threads

SFrancis

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 30, 2019
In 2019, I ended the year broke but in my new rented apartment in Accra, Ghana.

I had just lost my copywriting contract and used off my savings to rent a new apartment and had a zero income coming in. But I had a library full of books. I had earlier bought Millionaire Fastlane from a bookstore in Accra, but I hadn't read it because I really don't want this get-rich quick stuff.

But somewhere in January 2020, I was idle and had no work doing... so I decided to read some of my new books.

That was when I picked this book and read it. And holy shit! F*ck! This book really opened my eyes and slapped some new sense into my head. My passion was renewed. I got insights and the energy to build a new business all over again-- one that is not based on some-time freelance gig; one that is not built on Upwork, some US-based copy agency where I could just lose my monthly income in a split second when they cancel me and get me fired.

It took me four years of massive effort and failures along the way, but I had really built my business back strong, one that is built on the CENTS Framework which I can scale with 12 workers now in Accra. While I am doing well now, my dream is to go to the next level... until I found MJ's new book, USCRIPTED. This book is awesome... but I have not devoured the book until recently.

I just asked ChatGPT to give me a glimpse or a picture of how an unscripted life would look like in Accra, Ghana... not the US, UK< Germany or Canada.. this is what he provided:

A Day in the Unscripted Life of Kwame in Accra, Ghana

Morning Routine:
  • Early Rise: Kwame wakes up at 5:30 AM, enjoying the cool morning breeze in his rooftop apartment overlooking the bustling city of Accra.
  • Mindfulness and Exercise: He starts his day with a 30-minute meditation session followed by a run along Labadi Beach, taking in the sunrise and the sound of the waves.
  • Nutritious Breakfast: Kwame prepares a healthy breakfast with fresh local fruits like mango, pineapple, and papaya, paired with a smoothie.
Financial Freedom:
  • No Rent or Mortgage Payment: Kwame owns his home outright, having invested wisely in real estate that appreciates in value and generates rental income.
  • No Car Payment: While he has a collection of cars, they are fully paid for and are a testament to his success, not a financial burden.
  • No Debt: Kwame has no debt, having avoided the traps of loans and credit cards by living within his means and investing wisely.
  • Passive Income Exceeding Expenses: With multiple streams of passive income from his investments in real estate, stocks, and online businesses, Kwame’s monthly passive cash flow far exceeds his living expenses, eliminating the need to work.
Work and Entrepreneurship:
  • Passion Projects: Although Kwame doesn’t need to work, he chooses to run a digital marketing agency out of passion. His flexible schedule allows him to work when he wants and on projects that excite him.
  • Creative Office Spaces: He often switches his work environment, sometimes working from his home office, a trendy co-working space in Osu, or a café in the bustling neighborhood of East Legon.
  • Innovation and Learning: Kwame dedicates time each day to learning new skills and staying updated with the latest trends in digital marketing. He attends webinars, reads books, and participates in local entrepreneurial meetups.
Community and Networking:
  • Local Impact: He is involved in community projects that aim to empower young Ghanaians. He mentors aspiring entrepreneurs and provides free workshops on digital marketing.
  • Networking Events: Kwame attends and organizes networking events in Accra, connecting with other entrepreneurs, sharing ideas, and forming strategic partnerships.
Leisure and Personal Growth:
  • Hobbies and Interests: In the afternoons, Kwame pursues his hobbies. He takes drumming lessons to connect with his cultural roots and joins a local football team for regular matches.
  • Exploration and Travel: He frequently explores different parts of Ghana, from the historical Cape Coast Castle to the lush Volta Region, enjoying the rich culture and natural beauty of his country.
Evening Relaxation:
  • Social Life: In the evenings, Kwame often meets friends at local spots like Skybar 25 or Bloom Bar for dinner and drinks, enjoying the vibrant nightlife of Accra.
  • Reflection and Planning: Before bed, he spends time reflecting on his day, writing in his journal, and planning his goals for the next day, ensuring he stays aligned with his long-term vision.
Philosophy and Lifestyle:
  • No Illusions of Hyperrealities: Kwame lives authentically, rejecting societal pressures and superficial measures of success. He focuses on what truly matters to him—freedom, fulfillment, and contribution.
  • Lifestyle Design: He consciously designs his life around freedom and fulfillment, ensuring that he spends his time on activities that align with his passions and values.
  • Contribution to Society: Kwame’s ultimate goal is to create a significant impact in Ghana by fostering entrepreneurship and innovation, helping to transform the economic landscape of his community.

Key Elements of an Unscripted Life in Accra:

• Autonomy: Control over his time and work environment.
  • Passion-Driven Work: Engagement in meaningful and fulfilling work.
  • Continuous Learning: Commitment to personal and professional growth.
  • Community Involvement: Active participation in and contribution to his local community.
  • Balanced Lifestyle: A harmonious blend of work, leisure, and personal development.
  • Financial Independence: Building and managing passive income streams for long-term security.
  • Debt-Free Living: No financial burdens from rent, mortgage, car payments, or debt.
  • Authenticity: Living a life true to his values, free from societal pressures and illusions.
By following these principles, Kwame embodies the UNSCRIPTED lifestyle, breaking free from societal expectations and creating a life of freedom, purpose, and fulfillment in the vibrant city of Accra, Ghana.

I think when you create this picture with the book, it pretty much crystallizes the dream and helps to get there faster... my dream is to get to the F*ck you level in the next 3 and half years through my Fastlane businesses and money system.

What I've realized after reading the book is that living the UNSCRIPTED life has nothing to do with having millions of dollars or being a millionaire, it only depends on where you stay and the kind of F*ck YOU DREAM LIFE you want to live with your family.

If you kind of live in Ghana, Accra, you might just need a lot less of passive income from your money system and business system (if you have not yet liquidated it to reach your F*ck you target income level) compared to some other countries. However, the Unscripted Life is possible everywhere, regardless of your community, village, and country.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.