G
Guest3722A
Guest
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/pos...n-muscular-dystrophy-finishes-boston-marathon
The last runner to finish the Boston Marathon is a 39 year old male by the name of Maickel Melamed, from Venezuela, who has a form of muscular dystrophy.
The reason why this story stands out to me and why I see a fastlane possibility here for trainers is that my father had a similar form of this disease which ultimately put him in a wheelchair in his late 50s, and I was able to help him get up out of his hell with wheels and get him walking again through simple leg press movements, improvised by using the decline of his wheelchair ramp as a minimal level of resistance.
How I did this was by putting him on the ramp so if I let go of him he would roll forward but sitting in front of him, facing him, lifting his feet up onto a piece of plywood and having him do leg presses. If you can vision this you should be able to see how the decline created the resistance.
At first, he wasn't able to do three reps. After a week or two, I had him up to 3 sets of 10. At this point I started adding weight to his presses by hanging bowling balls on the back of his chair and then eventually adding weights onto where he sat on the chair.
He did it and he got stronger.
Then the day came where I stood him up and he walked. And you know what, he didn't want to sit down again.
I actually got him to the point to where one of his best friends said that he hadn't seen him walk to the capacity I got him to in over 10 years.
My point with this is I see a gap in the saturated physical training market with training like this, as it works, and I'd really like to see people such as the guy with this disease who finished the Boston Marathon have a chance to a better quality of life when there truly is one that's here.
I see a possible fastlane idea for a phyical trainer to explore with this, but it'll take alot of improv
The last runner to finish the Boston Marathon is a 39 year old male by the name of Maickel Melamed, from Venezuela, who has a form of muscular dystrophy.
The reason why this story stands out to me and why I see a fastlane possibility here for trainers is that my father had a similar form of this disease which ultimately put him in a wheelchair in his late 50s, and I was able to help him get up out of his hell with wheels and get him walking again through simple leg press movements, improvised by using the decline of his wheelchair ramp as a minimal level of resistance.
How I did this was by putting him on the ramp so if I let go of him he would roll forward but sitting in front of him, facing him, lifting his feet up onto a piece of plywood and having him do leg presses. If you can vision this you should be able to see how the decline created the resistance.
At first, he wasn't able to do three reps. After a week or two, I had him up to 3 sets of 10. At this point I started adding weight to his presses by hanging bowling balls on the back of his chair and then eventually adding weights onto where he sat on the chair.
He did it and he got stronger.
Then the day came where I stood him up and he walked. And you know what, he didn't want to sit down again.
I actually got him to the point to where one of his best friends said that he hadn't seen him walk to the capacity I got him to in over 10 years.
My point with this is I see a gap in the saturated physical training market with training like this, as it works, and I'd really like to see people such as the guy with this disease who finished the Boston Marathon have a chance to a better quality of life when there truly is one that's here.
I see a possible fastlane idea for a phyical trainer to explore with this, but it'll take alot of improv
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
