What's new

A Highly Recommended A/B and Multivariate Web Page Testing Tool

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Marty Foley

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Here's a brief but interesting story...

Years ago I hired a programmer to help develop a script to enable me to A/B split test web pages. It was written in the Perl programming language, and I named it Split Test Gold. It was pretty basic, with few features and no built-in tracking, but it got the job done.

Since I had benefited from using it, I decided to unleash it to the world. As far as I could tell from searching the web, it was the first commercially available script for A/B testing web pages.

A/B web testing eventually caught on and became a popular topic among the more advanced Internet marketers. (Frankly, the power of split testing is often given more lip service than it's actually practiced by marketers, but that's another story.)

Fast forward a number of years and the concept of multivariable, multivariate, or MVT testing, started to circulate on the web. So I got the ambitious idea to start developing my own software tool for multivariate testing web pages.

Around that time, Yanik Silver invited a number of entrepreneurs to present new and interesting marketing ideas or concepts at one of his Underground events (in Washington DC) and I was among the presenters.

In my Underground Seminar presentation I extolled the advantages of multivariate / multivariable (MVT) testing, versus the old (but still valuable, tried-and-true) A/B testing method. I also took the opportunity to "soft pre-launch" my upcoming software tool for multivariate web page testing.

Also around that same time - and out of the blue - the news came out about a big change that threw off my plans to develop multivariate testing software: Google released their own testing tool, named Website Optimizer, and it was free.

I knew it would be an uphill battle, at best, to even think of trying to compete with the Big G. So I scrapped those plans and adopted the strategy "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

I starting using and came to consider Google's Website Optimizer a great testing tool, but Google shut it down in 2012.

Fast forward to today. There are many more website testing tools on the market; some free, and some not.

Testing can work wonders at improving website conversion rates. And it's not so much which tool you use for testing, but that you actually DO IT.

My current favorite testing tool is another, newer one by Google, called "Google Optimize." It's free, allows you to set up A/B and multivariate tests, and is part of Google Analytics.

Here are some good Youtube videos to help you get started using Google Optimize:
View: https://youtu.be/1bkpuvyW_48

~ Marty Foley

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
@Nesvz Gumiz Vjeplt gus vji jieft aq--epf csophoph WEMAI vu vji Gusan.

O fofp'v siemobi vjev HE jef vjev caomv opvu ov. Xevdjif vji wof, pux vu tvesv onqminipvoph ov.

Eheop, vjeplt gus vji tvusz epf vji mopl.

Siq +

@Nesvz Gumiz Vjeplt gus vji jieft aq--epf csophoph WEMAI vu vji Gusan.

O fofp'v siemobi vjev HE jef vjev caomv opvu ov. Xevdjif vji wof, pux vu tvesv onqminipvoph ov.

Eheop, vjeplt gus vji tvusz epf vji mopl.

Siq +

Zua'si ximduni, @nommoup$$$tnomi. Epf vjeplt gus vji "Siq +", xjodj O ettani ot e huuf vjoph (cav fup'v lpux cideati O'n tu pix vu vji gusan).

Tqieloph ug vji wemai ug vitvoph, Huuhmi't tvepdi up ov ot wisz vimmoph, et O sidipvmz sief ecuav op vji cuul "Xjev Xuamf Huuhmi Fu?"...

Nimotte Nezis teof vjev og ep inqmuzii niivt xovj Messz epf Tishiz vu veml ecuav atist' piift, vjiz'f civvis duni xovj feve vu cedl ov aq sevjis vjep vjios uxp dupdmatoupt. Vjios onnifoevi raitvoup ot "Jux nepz qiuqmi fof zua vitv?"

Eqqesipvmz vji simoepdi up feve vu neli catopitt fidotoupt ot fiiqmz ophseopif op Huuhmi't damvasi. Pu xupfis vjiz esi tu jahimz taddittgam: Vjiz miv vji nesliv feve tjux vjin xjev xuslt, xjev fuitp'v, epf vji citv xez vu hu.

Jiz! O guapf vjev e muv ug qiuqmi tvomm pihmidv E/C tqmov vitv e muv. Vjiz tvesv vxieloph epf djephoph vjopht vjintimwit optvief ug sappoph tdoipvogod vitv. Tu O moli vjot vuqod cideati ov jet vu ci efsittif vu epzupi fuoph upmopi catopitt. Vjot ot upi ug vji nutv onqusvepv tviqt.

Et gus namvowesoecmi tqmov vitvoph, ov ot e xez nusi dutvmz uqvoup, emvjuahj e muv getvis.

Jiz! O guapf vjev e muv ug qiuqmi tvomm pihmidv E/C tqmov vitv e muv. Vjiz tvesv vxieloph epf djephoph vjopht vjintimwit optvief ug sappoph tdoipvogod vitv. Tu O moli vjot vuqod cideati ov jet vu ci efsittif vu epzupi fuoph upmopi catopitt. Vjot ot upi ug vji nutv onqusvepv tviqt.

Et gus namvowesoecmi tqmov vitvoph, ov ot e xez nusi dutvmz uqvoup, emvjuahj e muv getvis.
Edvaemmz ov dep ci gsii, atoph Huuhmi Uqvonobi. Vji gsii wistoup emmuxt aq vu e duncopevoup ug 16 wesoecmit, O cimoiwi.

Edvaemmz ov dep ci gsii, atoph Huuhmi Uqvonobi. Vji gsii wistoup emmuxt aq vu e duncopevoup ug 16 wesoecmit, O cimoiwi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom