What's new

A life well wasted but it’s not over yet!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

privateer

New Contributor
Hello..my name is Rod, I’m 55 and have unexpectedly found myself on the journey to the top of the mountain once again. My life has been one of my own choosing and what many would consider Peter Pan like. Most people work with the goal of having the financial foundation and freedom to pursue their passions in life. I was fortunate enough find my passion & true place in life at an early age. not only did I find it but I was exceptionally good at it and I turned that passion into a career. At the age of 14 living in Southern California I started working as a deckhand on a sport fishing boat. Not an opportunity available to most 14 year olds if For no other reason than the physical demands. For me it was a combination of being 6’4 235 lbs and at the right place at the right time. Not only did I feel more at home on the deck of a boat than any place else but everything about fishing offshore just came naturally almost intuitively for me. A few years later I was awarded a scholarship to UCLA not for sports but for art I had a choice to make and I chose to become a licensed captain. So the adventure began!… I have spent the last 30 years traveling the world fishing. A few years commercially fishing for swordfish (as seen in the movie a perfect storm ) but mostly on the sport fishing side and mainly catering to the most affluent. The boats I ran where not the typical tourist charter only working seasonal tourist traffic then starving in the off season. It was always summer somewhere and there was always another new billfish or tuna hot spot to be discovered and that’s where you would find me. It was a life money can’t buy and most can only dream of. At 50 I was 6’6 245 lbs and more fit than most gym rats 20 yrs younger, owned several boats and a solid charter business. my plan was set, start working 6 months out of the year and enjoying the family I had recently started. Life was perfect until it wasn’t! long story short i suffered a spinal cord injury, bone shards migrating from an injury 15 years earlier. I now have limited use of my legs although I’m not in a wheelchair yet i jokingly say I don’t walk I fall in a general direction. As doctors where trying to figure out what was going on COVID hit and my wife lost her job, I was put on disability and we began liquidating and scaling down to weather the storm and figure out the next move was going to be. I inquired about programs available for people on disability to learn new skills that would allow them to earn a living again, there are NONE. So what can I do, I’ve got all this knowledge and experience but it’s not real transferable to a lot of things and im financially tapped out. Time to get creative, don’t laugh at me guys but something that i always noticed on the boats, around the docks and dockside restaurants was the fishing related t-shirts people where wearing, most of them are hideous! They are either cartoonish and just plain ugly or a walking billboard for a brand. So that art scholarship I passed up. time to put that artistic ability to work. I put the 30+ years of inspiration to work creating a few designs and quickly learned that trying to have my concepts turned into print files by graphic artists was like trying to get a blind man to describe the color blue. I Bought some design software and taught myself how to use it with some online courses. my goal is to create designs of artistic value that capture the imagery of life on the water and are genuinely inspired by the fish, the boats and the places that fuel the passion. Not just another gaudy fishing t-shirt. Since start up capital was almost non existent I went the route of print on demand. It’s been a hell of an experience I’m 20 days from launch 50 designs ready to print,up at 5:30 each morning and not calling it a day till 10 or 11 but I’m doing whatever possible to make this happen what I know I’m applying to the effort what I dont I’m trying to learn and seeking advice from those that do. What I know for certain is that anything is possible if the desire and determination is great enough most important giving up is not an option!

thank you for accepting me into this community of people not willing to accept life as it is handed out and willing to take the risks and do the work to make it what they want it to be!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
ONU, timmoph v-tjosvt ot raovi quttocmz vji xustv catopitt vu ci op. Vji gedv zua nohjv jewi ofipvogoif e piif (us figodoipdz) op e podji tqedi figopovimz jimqt, cav O'n puv tasi ov xomm neli nadj ug e foggisipdi.

Ittipvoemmz zua jewi ipvisif e heni ug neslivoph.

Vjot niept zua'wi imidvif vu ciduni e neslivis gusinutv, uwis ep ipvsiqsipias. Vu taddiif op tadj e tevasevif tqedi (epf QUF, iwip xusti), iyqidv vu ci e vuq 1% ug neslivist op usfis vu taddiif epf hiv zuas csepf ecuwi vji puoti.

Tussz vu ci e pihevowi pimmz, cav O fofp'v dsievi vjot gusan vu tahesduev vsavjt.

O xotj zua madl.

O fup’v gotj temvxevis cav O hu uav uddetoupemmz gus cett, vsuav, idv. Vjiti esi nz huvu tjosvt. Gus $30 iedj O gopf ov jesf vu ciev. O ati vjin gus joloph epf denqoph vuu. Xuamf muwi vu tii tuni ug zuas fitohpt.

Attachments

• CDADDAC6-EFA6-4001-BCEB-53172EEB4EAB.webp
    CDADDAC6-EFA6-4001-BCEB-53172EEB4EAB.webp
    179.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6DBB09A0-B1B2-4C46-A310-F45C1DC7D0D4.webp
    6DBB09A0-B1B2-4C46-A310-F45C1DC7D0D4.webp
    112.5 KB · Views: 4
O eqqsidoevi zuas uqopoup epf ectumavimz ehsii vjev neslivoph xomm ci e tohpogodepv gedvus vu vji fihsii ug tadditt. uwis tevasevoup ot tunivjoph O’n raovi genomoes xovj, vji djesvis gotjoph opfatvsz ot e qsoni iyenqmi. Iwisz nesope op tuavj Gmusofe ot gamm ug cuevt qasdjetif cz sivosif gev devt xju huv e toy qedl modipti epf e xictovi opvipv up fuoph ipuahj vsoqt vu xsovi ugg vji iyqipti ug vjios gotjoph juccz us vsatvogesoep loft ug vjuti teni vzqit xju xjisi tiv aq epf tactofobif cz nunnz epf feffz katv tu vjiz dep tez kapous jet jot uxp catopitt sevjis vjep ji xup’v xusl epf mowit op uas quum juati. O fupv iyqidv vjot vu ci ietz epf vji upmz ectumavi o jewi op vjot iraevoup ot vjev og O fu puv qav gusvj nz citv iggusv ov jet bisu djepdi ug tadditt. Et gus tahes duevoph pu piif gus vjev jisi....op nz xusmf vji iyvse voni ov velit vu tez qmieti xjip howoph ep usfis up fidl dep dutv e nep jot mogi us topl e namvonommoup fummes cuev!

O fup’v gotj temvxevis cav O hu uav uddetoupemmz gus cett, vsuav, idv. Vjiti esi nz huvu tjosvt. Gus $30 iedj O gopf ov jesf vu ciev. O ati vjin gus joloph epf denqoph vuu. Xuamf muwi vu tii tuni ug zuas fitohpt.
Vjuti esi hsiev tjosvt, Dumancoe nelit e raemovz qsufadv ev e geos qsodi. O xuamf ci jeqqz vu tjesi tuni ug nz fitohpt xovj zua. O’n meapdjoph xovj 5 dummidvoupt 50 fitohpt vuvem. O en puv fuoph epz ug vji vidjpodem tjosvt moli zua jewi vjisi, nz gudat ot up johj raemovz duvvup tjosvt. Nz gudat ot up dsievoph e mogitvzmi csepf puv siemmz vji tjosv zua xies gotjoph cav vji upi zua qav up egvis zua jewi ciip uav up vji cuev emm fez epf esi huoph vu vji fudltofi ces us sitveasep. Tunivjoph zua dep vjsux up xovj e qeos ug ljelot epf umaleo gmoq gmuqt vu hsec tatjo xovj zuas xogi epf tji fuitp’v uj huf siemmz zuas puv huoph vu xies vjev tjosv!
et gus xjev zua gotj gus...ov fuitp’v nevvis et muph et zua ipkuz ov, e movvmi jzfsuvjiseqz ot huuf gus vji tuam!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom