The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Man with a mind full of ideas, to many ideas

Idea threads

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
First time poster here. More then half way through TMFL..Amazing book, since i am man with a very active mind, taking in everything I read and thinking of my own ways of implementing I did a lot of research given my readings. Out of every forum I have read, THIS one seems to be the one I am looking for. It has every type of person, people who are looking to make it, people in between and people who made it who you can model yourself of of.

My situation. I am 27, 28 this Sept and i am still living at home, with my father. I have never been on my own. It is my time to get out, I cant stand living here.

Backstory:
I had a tough time growing up, dad wasn't around much during high school, cheated on my mom a couple of years before, naturally they got divorced. Had 7 people in my house at one time since my parents ended up taking my cousins in. It was tough, but manageable. I moved in with my father 5 years ago, from my mothers house. Its OKAY here, Im able to have girls over..etc...Had my fun, a lot of it in the past 5 years here. But recently, my brother moved in. Hes 21, plays video games all day. I love him, I really do but im used to having the house to my self very often as my dads not home to much. Which is cool, I enjoy my alone time.

I work as a web developer from home. Business is slow, is my fault and I take full accountability. I don't have a college degree, I have design skills and have been applying to jobs like crazy, got 5 emails back a couple of days ago just from one day of advertising on craigslist, but it seems my skills arent up to par in what they are looking for. No problem, understandable.

Im moving to Cali in January, that is my goal and im going to make it happen. In the past 3 years working as a "developer" I have come up with amazing ideas, the kicker is, I never focused on a problem, and im starting to see how important that is. I would take other ideas, model off of that and switch them around/combine ideas and make it more user friendly. Nothing wrong with that, but I can see its not fully working (Taking out of the equation not all my sites are live yet), or trying to create the "next big thing" which is sometimes out of reality itself given my skills at the moment.

Anyway, I need to move out, get out of here, its my brothers time to be here and "toughen up" now. I have some hurdles though. Not alot of money. Almost none since business isnt consistent. Its sad, I see it, im 28 years old, broke, living with my dad and now brother.

Skills:
Web Dev - WordPress + A little SEO, VPS'/Command prompt
Fitness
Physiology / Dating

FYI - I have a blog on those topics but just letting it sit, I have almost no passion to write as its not something I really want to do as a full income "job"

Im giving my self 3 months, I have by Dec to make this happen. Funny thing is, I KNOW i can, i have the intelligence, the mindset, but something mentally is holding me back. I honestly feel its living here, its to "cluttered" since my father is a hothead I have to walk on eggshells. But not going to start on that now, no point will get me nowhere

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

C

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtb_fanatic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 1, 2015
Welcome to the forum Crissco. Make sure to take the time and really look through all the threads. Plenty of gold mines. Been on here for almost a month now, and saved months or years from reading about other people's mistakes. Congrats on taking action to move out. You will start seeing results.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Thank you MTB. Im just of sick reading self improvement and getting almost no where, except for the woman part. Came to realize a couple of things...my mom said this actually haha "If you put in the same amount of effort into work as you did with woman you would be a millionaire in no time" - I know i put my self in the "wrong" path, 100% accountability on it, but either way banging 3 woman a night phase, needed to happen....- 3-4 years later, im taking my mothers advice though. You guys ever have those feelings or thoughts "I am so close, I am right there"..Thats how I feel, maybe its out of reality? All I want right now is a small studio in Cali, where I can support my self monthly and not have to worry about food, cable, the small stuff, not even car because I would move somewhere where everything is walking distance/making money online....Then I can re-evaluate and scale up as needed.

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
If you can't get your life together and moving where you're at, what makes you think you can do it 3000 miles away while fighting to not be homeless, hungry, and broke in one of the most expensive states in the country to live. I live in California. Every other guy here is into fitness and web development. You can all sit together in starbucks and talk about the work your not getting. I see them all the time.

How about a different goal. Take advantage of the fact that you have free living arrangements now. Work on some sort of sustainable income while you're not under the pressure to survive. Make $300 by the end of next week. That's it. Seems like a simple goal right? Then do it again and again. Because if you can't do that now, you'll never have enough money to live on your own out here. Especially since I assume you have little to no 'work' history to help you get a job.

No reason to relocate to be honest. There's only one thing stopping you from being successful, and it's not your living arrangements or the state of NY.

If you think you're stuck in a rut, change your lifestyle a little. Change your daily routine and get out of the comfortable familiar patterns that keep you there. Get up a couple of hours earlier, change your diet, the people you associate with, go to meetups, take a different route to your destinations, rearrange your room, do things differently. Wake your damn brain up and disassociate yourself with your environment.

Good luck.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
If you can't get your life together and moving where you're at, what makes you think you can do it 3000 miles away while fighting to not be homeless, hungry, and broke in one of the most expensive states in the country to live. I live in California. Every other guy here is into fitness and web development. You can all sit together in starbucks and talk about the work your not getting. I see them all the time.

How about a different goal. Take advantage of the fact that you have free living arrangements now. Work on some sort of sustainable income while you're not under the pressure to survive. Make $300 by the end of next week. That's it. Seems like a simple goal right? Then do it again and again. Because if you can't do that now, you'll never have enough money to live on your own out here. Especially since I assume you have little to no 'work' history to help you get a job.

No reason to relocate to be honest. There's only one thing stopping you from being successful, and it's not your living arrangements or the state of NY.

If you think you're stuck in a rut, change your lifestyle a little. Change your daily routine and get out of the comfortable familiar patterns that keep you there. Get up a couple of hours earlier, change your diet, the people you associate with, go to meetups, take a different route to your destinations, rearrange your room, do things differently. Wake your damn brain up and disassociate yourself with your environment.

Good luck.
10000% correct fully aware of that...I am taking advantage of it, everything you said im doing, I have thought of, i am obviously doing something wrong if its not working, which is why I am here.

For your last paragraph, done it all already. I made 180% turn from the kid drinking beer alone, never having sex at 22 to having sex with 140+ girls to them bringing me beer. Believe me, a change was done. In that area atleast.

FYI - Winters here are brutal. Im moving

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
Create a youtube channel with basic design/website optimization tips.

Post 10-15 videos (can be as simple as 1-5 minutes).

Since you're in the fitness niche, find smaller people on IG (20-40k) who don't have a website, tell them you're a follower/fan and what a positive impact they've had on you and offer them your services saying their coaching/services/testimonials and potential for blogging/ebooks can all be put on there.

Best way to do this would be to send them short unlisted videos so as to show them you're not a scammer and to make them feel safe in dealing with you, after that, build relational capital, go above and beyond and service the hell out of them.

Then...referral time, you can even offer 20% of any sale they bring you (most will refuse, but even if they don't 80% of something>100% of nothing).

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014
FYI - Winters here are brutal. Im moving

Yeah, I grew up on Long Island, New York. I visit often but will never go back. You'll love California. We don't have winter here (unless you count the days we cant wear shorts).

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Yeah, I grew up on Long Island, New York. I visit often but will never go back. You'll love California. We don't have winter here (unless you count the days we cant wear shorts).
Thats where im from. Nassau County. Been to Cali four times since I was 15, love it. Would never come back here like you said haha

Create a youtube channel with basic design/website optimization tips.

Post 10-15 videos (can be as simple as 1-5 minutes).
Going to do this with my blog topics when I get a good HD video camera

Since you're in the fitness niche, find smaller people on IG (20-40k) who don't have a website, tell them you're a follower/fan and what a positive impact they've had on you and offer them your services saying their coaching/services/testimonials and potential for blogging/ebooks can all be put on there.

Best way to do this would be to send them short unlisted videos so as to show them you're not a scammer and to make them feel safe in dealing with you, after that, build relational capital, go above and beyond and service the hell out of them.

Then...referral time, you can even offer 20% of any sale they bring you (most will refuse, but even if they don't 80% of something>100% of nothing).

Thought of this, but for trade companies who have crap websites or none at all. Didnt get any responses back (Not saying it wont work, not at all, different topic plus with enough advertising and persistence you can make anything happen. I even got 7 authors to write for free for me for a Fashion blog, needless to say they didn't keep up but i completed my goal of 5 authors in 3 weeks. i will take that plan and apply it something else, its a good idea that can be applied to alot of different things

Thank you for the advice and writing that all out, its appreciated.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
I live in California. Every other guy here is into fitness and web development. You can all sit together in starbucks and talk about the work your not getting. I see them all the time.
Yup - spot on. Especially here in the Bay Area, be prepared to shell out a lot of money for a place to live, even in the rougher parts of town.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Yup - spot on. Especially here in the Bay Area, be prepared to shell out a lot of money for a place to live, even in the rougher parts of town.
San Diego I found nice places for $1000 a month, but this thread isnt about Cali haha I do appreciate the heads up though

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Welcome to the forum @Crissco -

Don't know if you have read the forum rules but thought I would post one here to help you out :)

barstoollanguage.png

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I made 180% turn from the kid drinking beer alone, never having sex at 22 to having sex with 140+ girls to them bringing me beer. Believe me, a change was done. In that area atleast.
I don't think that is sign of success. I would say you exchanged bad behaviors for other bad behaviors that don't produce the best results.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I totally agree with your Mom. It sounds like when you have your mind set on a goal then you really achieve in that area(!). Obviously there are probably a number of factors why that is, but I would think a part of it from your side is getting fast results that make you feel good. To get yourself moving forward in other areas maybe you need to start looking on progressing in your business / career in a similar way. It's great having the big goals and big wins in mind, but when they seem so far off it can be hard to stay motivated. Treat your work life like your love life and you'll be having that Fastlane Gold thread in no time

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
First time poster here. More then half way through TMFL..Amazing book, since i am man with a very active mind, taking in everything I read and thinking of my own ways of implementing I did a lot of research given my readings. Out of every forum I have read, THIS one seems to be the one I am looking for. It has every type of person, people who are looking to make it, people in between and people who made it who you can model yourself of of.

My situation. I am 27, 28 this Sept and i am still living at home, with my father. I have never been on my own. It is my time to get out, I cant stand living here.

Backstory:
I had a tough time growing up, dad wasn't around much during high school, cheated on my mom a couple of years before, naturally they got divorced. Had 7 people in my house at one time since my parents ended up taking my cousins in. It was tough, but manageable. I moved in with my father 5 years ago, from my mothers house. Its OKAY here, Im able to have girls over..etc...Had my fun, a lot of it in the past 5 years here. But recently, my brother moved in. Hes 21, plays video games all day. I love him, I really do but im used to having the house to my self very often as my dads not home to much. Which is cool, I enjoy my alone time.

I work as a web developer from home. Business is slow, is my fault and I take full accountability. I don't have a college degree, I have design skills and have been applying to jobs like crazy, got 5 emails back a couple of days ago just from one day of advertising on craigslist, but it seems my skills arent up to par in what they are looking for. No problem, understandable.

Im moving to Cali in January, that is my goal and im going to make it happen. In the past 3 years working as a "developer" I have come up with amazing ideas, the kicker is, I never focused on a problem, and im starting to see how important that is. I would take other ideas, model off of that and switch them around/combine ideas and make it more user friendly. Nothing wrong with that, but I can see its not fully working (Taking out of the equation not all my sites are live yet), or trying to create the "next big thing" which is sometimes out of reality itself given my skills at the moment.

Anyway, I need to move out, get out of here, its my brothers time to be here and "toughen up" now. I have some hurdles though. Not alot of money. Almost none since business isnt consistent. Its sad, I see it, im 28 years old, broke, living with my dad and now brother.

Skills:
Web Dev - WordPress + A little SEO, VPS'/Command prompt
Fitness
Physiology / Dating

FYI - I have a blog on those topics but just letting it sit, I have almost no passion to write as its not something I really want to do as a full income "job"

Im giving my self 3 months, I have by Dec to make this happen. Funny thing is, I KNOW i can, i have the intelligence, the mindset, but something mentally is holding me back. I honestly feel its living here, its to "cluttered" since my father is a hothead I have to walk on eggshells. But not going to start on that now, no point will get me nowhere

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

C
Welcome to the forum, Crissco. It sounds like you had some similar struggles to mine. I never posted a full backstory and background as you did here, but here is where I just came from: My Background

You have skills, but you think a lot. You have so many ideas, but they never come to fruition. You've heard about providing value and solving problems, but you've never had that as a focus. It sounds like you need a shift in mindset here. As a thinker myself, maybe this thread will help you put things into perspective a bit more: Stop Seeking Wealth

One word: Action. You need to make it happen. Take your first step, then your next, then your next. One step at a time. And make your focus one only one or two things at a time. If you continue focusing all of your energy on the 10-20 ideas that you come up with, you will get about 15 minutes of work done on each idea. Not efficient. Hone in on 1 or 2 ideas that actually provide VALUE to people, and get rolling on them.

It also sounds like you dread the job market, just like I did. We all want to be Fastlane, but you can't just start there. You have to survive first, then transform into the Fastlane. You need an income. Here's my thread on how I've made just over $600 over the last week and a half to 2 weeks using Upwork, a site that sounds like it can fit your skill set very well: Upwork

I see myself in you, so I hope some of this insight can help you get you on your feet, start making money, and make your dreams become a reality. I'm nowhere near Fastlane success yet, but I'm surviving and pursuing it. I hope some of this can help you out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Thank you all for your great responses, very helpful and motivating to say the least. Im just very stressed right now as my goal is to get out of my dads place and go to California in January, yet no money is coming in consistently.Plus since my brother moved in and hes up until 6am playing video games doing nothing not the best environment for me to be in, no hate to my brother at all but not my thing. I think its time to put my head to an online Web design, SMM and SEO company as those will bring the biggest consistent revue until my site idea/s take off with advertising. @Will Hodge. Great work man!

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
It's 6am and I haven't slept, hear my brother and his video games. Also most importantly I've been up a night thinking, reading Python, Ruby on Rails/various coding languages. One of those where you read and read but don't grasp much.

A thought just came in my mind.

My mind surpasses my skills. 99% of my internet ideas I can't code my self, I take one idea and spin off it like crazy with all of these little add ons to exapand the original ideas. It's great but annoying since my skills aren't up to par yet. Now I'm thinking how to take my creative mind and apply it to things other then the Internet to make money. Because I'm making jack shit right now and getting frustrating.

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
It's 6am and I haven't slept, hear my brother and his video games. Also most importantly I've been up a night thinking, reading Python, Ruby on Rails/various coding languages. One of those where you read and read but don't grasp much.

My mind surpasses my skills. 99% of my internet ideas I can't code my self, I take one idea and spin off it like crazy with all of these little add ons to exapand the original ideas. It's great but annoying since my skills aren't up to par yet. Now I'm thinking how to take my creative mind and apply it to things other then the Internet to make money. Because I'm making jack shit right now and getting frustrating.
Woah, woah, woah. Not so fast!

It sounds like you're frustrated, and are clearly overthinking things.

Firstly, go back up and read my post again: One. Step. At. A. Time. You have to get started first. You have to take the first step before you take the next. You have to take ACTION. It doesn't matter if you have the most polished, amazing product or idea yet, but what matters is you actually get started on SOMETHING. Get to learning, get to trying, get to FAILING. Each failure only leads closer to the bigger success. If you don't take action, and you continue thinking in your same mindset, you will still be laying in your bed at your Dad's house listening to your brother play video games all night. Is that what you want?

Secondly, you don't have to be the expert coder in order to make your dreams a reality. You simply don't. If you were the expert coder, you'd be working at a Fortune 500 company coding the next big thing. That's simply not the case right now. Obviously, with lots of practice, it very well could be. However, you need to GET STARTED! Stop thinking, and start doing. Get a simple program built first, do a first iteration, or even just write out your sketch idea page by page on a piece of design software so you and others can see what your idea is. From there, you can learn bit by bit how to put that together, or you can have an expert coder do it for you. Look at Facebook's first iteration, it's nothing special (granted it was over 10 years ago now, but you still have to understand that not everything can be done on the first try):
FacebookFirstPage.jpg

Now look at Facebook. Log in and just take a look at all they have done. It wasn't built in one day, it was built over time with many iterations and changes. So get going, take the first step. Get it done one bit at a time. Another thing I suggest you do is go take a look at Dane Maxwell's The Foundation website here. You don't have to sign up to become a new member of The Foundation class, but watch his Free Video course (red button should be in the top right hand corner of the page that reads "Get Started Right Now!"). He didn't know how to code, and he's created multiple successful businesses online. Just get out there and get your ideas on paper, then hone in on one that has potential and work it.

Thirdly, you need to SURVIVE. You're living in your Dad's house very comfortable at the moment. This needs to change. You need to get out, change your environment, change your mindset, and do SOMETHING. Get your profile started on Upwork and get your first client, go get a part-time job working somewhere that needs your skills, go find something that you can start earning some money with. Go do SOMETHING! You have nothing right now, and that will stay that way as long as you lie in bed each night thinking and thinking and thinking and never actually DOING. It doesn't have to be Fastlane yet, but you have to start somewhere so you can build your business to get to the Fastlane.

Lastly, you have a CHOICE: 1) You can continue doing the same exact thing you are now, and be living in your Dad's house in December. You will be NOTHING, you will still have NOTHING, and you will achieve NOTHING. There will be no financial freedom, freedom of time, and no freedom to do the things you want to do in life. You will still be laying in the same bed each night, thinking about the same things over and over, and doing nothing about them. 2) You can go out there, take some action, and get started. Get a job, Freelance, get something Slowlane started. Then, get your Fastlane business started on the side, and start making progress, bit by bit. Eventually, with enough iterations and a solid enough idea that has the market potential to grow, you will find yourself with a Fastlane business that you can either sell or continue to utilize for passive monthly income. You can enjoy the fruits of your labor, the finer things in life, and you will be financially, emotionally, and time free. You will have full control over your destiny, and be proud you made it there. 3) You can decide to give it up, and work in the Slowlane for the rest of your life. You can get up each morning, going into work with the same attitude each day, eventually move out into your own place, doing the same routine and things over and over and over until you are 65+, only to realize that you have nothing left to live for.

Again, the CHOICE is yours. I know which one I pick, but you will decide your own fate. I suggest you go back and read TMF fully again, and soak in the ideas, the thoughts, and the MINDSET. If you never grasp and capture that mindset, you will never get to where you want to be.

And I will say it one. More. Time: ACTION. Take it. Just do it. You will be thanking yourself that you did.

Best of luck, it is all in your hands.

Last edited:

Hackdroot

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 11, 2014

If I were in your shoes (I'm not, so take this with a grain of salt). I'd throw away the programming books.

Is your goal to become a programmer? If yes, then get to programming. You don't need books for that. There are plenty of resources online that will pay far more dividends than those books (code academy is one of many). I work with and know a LOT of programmers. 99% didn't use books to learn. They spent their time writing actual programs and used online resources for reference.

If your goal is to publish an app or software for income, then for gods sake hire someone else to do it. It would take me far less time to come up with the money to hire someone with programming experience then to obtain the same level of experience myself. I also get the added benefit of learning to sell and/or hustle for money to outsource tasks, which is far more valuable experience as an entrepreneur than knowing how to set up a rails environment.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Awesome responses from @Will Hodge and @Hackdroot !

I would guess that pretty much everyone in this forum has felt like you're feeling right now. I'm sure there's any who are feeling it right now. First thing you need to do is stop seeing your mind surpassing your skills as a negative. Having a creative mind is an awesome asset. Embrace it. As@Hackdroot says you don't need to be the one who has the answer to everything... and the truth is a lot of ideas don't need all the skills upfront. If they are something that could be tested by throwing up a landing page and sending some targeted ad traffic to it. Great start with that. See if they have potential, then work out how you'll deliver the finished product and whether it really makes sense for you to do it or for someone else.

Some of my biggest failures in getting ideas to market have been because I've tried to be and do everything. This not only wasted time and money, but also hampered the whole project as while I knew what I wanted, I couldn't develop it fully myself so ended up with a half-hearted product that wasn't going to appeal to anyone and so ended up just fizzling out.

You are the one in charge of your future success. Things may feel like they're trying to beat you down right now. Make them the things are drive you forward. Your brother is driving you mad with his noise. If you can't do something to sleep through it (noise cancelling headphones etc) then embrace it. Put in your ear buds, turn up that motivational podcast / playlist and get hammering out all those ideas. Once you've done that filter down to those that have most potential then come back to us and get feedback then start building, expanding and developing those ideas out.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
I think you all are taking what I am saying a little bit out of context here. I understand since I am new here and didnt give much of a background about myself. I will explain a bit more later in this post

@Will Hodge - Bro I love the motivation I do but I think you took it a little bit to the extreme man haha...I take action everyday. Thats not my issue, the action is probably targeted in the wrong area since I am not "progressing" financially. I also realize I have a self limiting mindset with success. Failure is nothing to me, success financially is new, so its a self limiting mindset I need to break. Overall love the post, if you lived in New York, no doubt we would be good friends. You seem like an awesome person Will.

@Hackdroot - Programming is only a positive in my life. I didnt go to college and you dont need a college degree to be a full stack web dev making 100k a year plus (Back up plan)..Also as a dev having clients there is always miscommunication and clients wanting things done XYZ and its a pain in the a$$, once I get programming down I wont have to worry about being a "client" - Needless to say, yes the big stuff I have no problem hiring people to do. Yes I agree with you the best thing as a business owner to learn would be marketing and adverting(cant forget learning to write copy either), which I do know a little bit about after these yes. I would rather do the development and hire someone to do the marketing and adverting.

@Imgal - 100% agree, having a creative mind like mine is a blessing, I am fully aware of that, I was stating it as a "realization" a positive one that im glad i came to realize internally. The frustration is a different story. I could of explained things a bit better.

Back to what I was saying before. To make a long story short, i was fighting since day one. I was born 3 months early, 2lbs 10oz. I was in an incubator for 5 months because of breathing issues. I was born with an omphalocele. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalocele - Had a 90% chance of being born mentally challenged. Went through a big depression in my teenage years, came through of course. But anyway, I dont want go on with my past, as its the past. Like said I love all of your posts but I think its taken a bit out of context with great intentions, thank you all so far for everything.

J_Lock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Aug 27, 2015
Colchester
Well done for beating the odds from birth Crissco, i'v been there.

You seem to have everything you need to start creating basic income - Web design skills and a laptop.
My question is have you tried getting out of the house to focus on some work? Maybe at Starbucks or a local library?

Check out this thread by SinisterLex- Its already helped me and others get started freelancing

I haven't walked a mile in your shoes, not even 10 feet but i will say this, make the most out of what you have now. if your not paying much rent at the moment you are in the best place to start earning and saving. I wish i knew this 5 years ago.

I'm no life guru or success wonder-boy, just trying to help.

Will Hodge

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 5, 2015
I think you all are taking what I am saying a little bit out of context here. I understand since I am new here and didnt give much of a background about myself. I will explain a bit more later in this post

@Will Hodge - Bro I love the motivation I do but I think you took it a little bit to the extreme man haha...I take action everyday. Thats not my issue, the action is probably targeted in the wrong area since I am not "progressing" financially. I also realize I have a self limiting mindset with success. Failure is nothing to me, success financially is new, so its a self limiting mindset I need to break. Overall love the post, if you lived in New York, no doubt we would be good friends. You seem like an awesome person Will.

@Hackdroot - Programming is only a positive in my life. I didnt go to college and you dont need a college degree to be a full stack web dev making 100k a year plus (Back up plan)..Also as a dev having clients there is always miscommunication and clients wanting things done XYZ and its a pain in the a$$, once I get programming down I wont have to worry about being a "client" - Needless to say, yes the big stuff I have no problem hiring people to do. Yes I agree with you the best thing as a business owner to learn would be marketing and adverting(cant forget learning to write copy either), which I do know a little bit about after these yes. I would rather do the development and hire someone to do the marketing and adverting.

@Imgal - 100% agree, having a creative mind like mine is a blessing, I am fully aware of that, I was stating it as a "realization" a positive one that im glad i came to realize internally. The frustration is a different story. I could of explained things a bit better.

Back to what I was saying before. To make a long story short, i was fighting since day one. I was born 3 months early, 2lbs 10oz. I was in an incubator for 5 months because of breathing issues. I was born with an omphalocele. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omphalocele - Had a 90% chance of being born mentally challenged. Went through a big depression in my teenage years, came through of course. But anyway, I dont want go on with my past, as its the past. Like said I love all of your posts but I think its taken a bit out of context with great intentions, thank you all so far for everything.
Sometimes, extreme action is the only way to truly get started. I don't know fully your situation, but I do know that you have the ability to be great. You simply have to go out there and do it. You have great potential, man. Use it!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Hey @Crissco - definitely sounds like you've been a fighter all your life and you're going to keep on fighting till you get where you want to go. No doubt you're going to achieve it, especially when you're seeing your realisation in such a positive light. My bad for misinterpreting that wrong, glad to hear I did. It puts you in an even stronger position.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.