The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A New Way to Invest?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I found about this site yesterday while reading the Fast Company magazine... very interesting concept.

https://www.kaching.com/

They let you actually see what others are doing, you can mirror their investment strategies, or simply use it as research tool.

Yup, very cool concept, in my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
While I love the entrepreneurial ingenious of this idea, it basically reinforces laziness as an investing strategy. Instead of learning how to invest in the markets, just copy someone else. The need to be lazy, and continue to be lazy, is a big opportunity! So the Fastlane opportunists in this venture are the website owners (the primary driver) and the geniuses being followed (secondary driver, also a passenger) ... in other words, the folks with actual skills, talent, and know-how.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Great points, I was not looking at it from that perspective...

My interest comes from seeing so many people "invest" in mutual funds while having no idea how much the people running it actually invest on it, and what they are doing with the funds.

For this market, this transparency is unheard of, as far as I know.

Thanks for presenting me with a different point of view.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I'm with MJ on this. I like the entrepreneurial spirit here of the founders to take advantage of the laziness and get-rich-quick mentality. I am sure there is the potential to make money, but my issue here is 'where is the personal responsibility?' I personally follow several newsletters and read a lot about investing and different investor styles, but I do my own research. I don't just blindly dive into the fray. I WANT to understand what I am doing because I enjoy it. These guys running this biz want to take advantage of the lazy. More power to them, but I would never be their target customer.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
if i was to use such a tool, i will only use it to search for bubbles about to burst. moving with the crowd will cost if you don't get off early!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.