What's new

A quick hello and some thankyous

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Developmental

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Hello!

I'm Matt, from the UK, 23 year old Mechanical Engineering graduate

I've been self employed for the last 6 years doing race car driving instruction and later sailing yacht skippering (for those of you that have just done the maths, yea, a 17 year old teaching people to drive race cars - I had an uphill struggle to build the credibility to do that one!)

I've always been entrepreneurial, but have grown up in a family where the slowlane mentality is incredibly engrained - so psychologically I've had my struggles

I love playing music and for me song lyrics have a powerful effect, and whenever thinking about life, I always have a Frank Turner song running around in my mind (fits in surprisingly well with the analogies used in TMF!)

"Oh maturity's a wrapped up package deal so it seems
And ditching teenage fantasy means ditching all your dreams
All your friends and peers and family solemnly tell you you will
Have to grow up be an adult yeah be bored and unfulfilled
Oh when no ones yet explained to me exactly what's so great
About slaving 50 years away on something that you hate,
About meekly shuffling down the path of mediocrity
Well if that's your road then take it but it's not the road for me
And if all you ever do with your life
Is just photosynthesize
Then you deserve every hour of these sleepless nights
That you waste wondering when you're gonna die"

I've always known that I don't want to sit rotting behind a desk working my a$$ off for someone else until I'm old and decrepit, my dream in life, as a passionate sailor, is to do a very leisurely circumnavigation, which most definitely cannot be achieved with the slowlane - in the slowlane if I could afford it financially I most probably wouldn't physically be capable of it any more. I've always defined success in terms of my freedom to achieve personal goals and to be free to chose what I want to do and when I want to do it. I've never defined my success in terms of money or consumerism

So in essence, to run with the car analogy, I was sat on the right idealogical road with my engine running but my windscreen was fogged up - and @MJ DeMarco cleared that windscreen right up for me and allowed me to see the road ahead that I hoped was there. So MJ, I honestly owe you a debt of gratitude, to say that book is a lifechanger would definitely not be an overstatement

My second thanks goes to @JackEdwards for it was your progress thread that I stumbled across from a Google search that introduced me to this forum and to TMF and made me realise just how possible it is to be very successful. Before that thread, my life plan was to slowlane it whilst victualling and preparing a (very capable but very small) $10,000 boat for longterm cruising then pack in the slowlane and live a life of hand to mouth subsistence aboard my boat whilst cruising the world - many people do it, living aboard a sub-30ft boat on $500 a month that people earn over the winter when they aren't cruising.

I thought those big, expensive, comfortable cruisers, like the one in my avatar were for other people, the lucky ones. So Jack, a sincere thankyou for posting your progress thread, without it I would not have ever thought it possible to circumnavigate in anything other than what can only be described as marine poverty. You have given me the ambition to expand my means.

and I can't go through thankyous without mentioning @IceCreamKid and @(zen*******) for both of your gold threads, to realise that the only way to have a truly successful business is to have an honest desire to improve people's lives and not to think in terms of what can I sell someone, but to think how can I help this person

So you can probably tell that I've been lurking for a while, reading, learning and thinking and it has been this forum that has given me the inspiration for my own fastlane business, which is at the moment a well researched idea that is being executed, which hopefully has the potential to be a game changer in a big international market. I will be posting my own progress thread to help keep me accountable for good progress.

so to summarise a long and wandering post, hello and thankyou to everyone on here for what is an incredible resource, i'm grateful for it and hope to be able to contribute back

all the best,

Matt

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom