What's new

A quick story on GRIT and RESOURCEFULNESS...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
So I got some bad news earlier this month. My house needs a new roof.

I just cancelled my homeowner warranty this year. Of course. Homeowner's insurance wasn't going to cover it. For many people this is a financially crippling event.

What did I do? First, I got a quote from my (known to be expensive) roofing client. That was my baseline.

Then I searched for roofing companies that didn't have a website. I called two and got quotes.

The real estate market in Phoenix is slowing. I know they all need the work. So I got one to discount the price a bit in exchange for a couple of months of marketing. We also sold him a new website (that revenue goes to my partner who builds the sites.) I put the balance on my 2% cash back credit card.

The whole thing got wrapped up in a couple of weeks. And with the new marketing client, my roof will pay for itself.

But my favorite part is I just did my quarterly distribution from my 2nd business, and used some of that money to pay off the credit card. My bank account will grow slower this month, but it's still growing.

Why am I sharing this story?

To remind you dear reader to get to work.

Jump in the arena.

Start that business. Solve problems. Including your own. Work to improve. Spread the word about how you can help people.

You never know when the storms of life are coming. If had never grown my agency, if I had never raised my rates, if I had never bought that second business, I'd likely be feeling stressed, angry, bitter, and totally miserable right now.

Instead I'm thankful for life's many blessings. The whole thing actually felt empowering.

What was the 1,000,000th post?

I wasn't going to let it be something stoopid. I didn't want @heavy_industry quitting the forum for 30 days. And for that, you're all welcome. :rofl:

Thanks for doing this, much appreciated!!!

Curious, was this really the 1,000,000th post?

I fell asleep.

I stayed up and hit refresh until I saw the 999,999th post, and I hit post. So I'm 99.9999% sure it was....

Last edited:
Tu O huv tuni cef pixt iesmois vjot nupvj. Nz juati piift e pix suug.

O katv depdimmif nz juniuxpis xessepvz vjot zies. Ug duasti. Juniuxpis't optasepdi xetp'v huoph vu duwis ov. Gus nepz qiuqmi vjot ot e gopepdoemmz dsoqqmoph iwipv.

Xjev fof O fu? Gostv, O huv e rauvi gsun nz (lpuxp vu ci iyqiptowi) suugoph dmoipv. Vjev xet nz cetimopi.

Vjip O tiesdjif gus suugoph dunqepoit vjev fofp'v jewi e xictovi. O demmif vxu epf huv rauvit.

Vji siem itvevi neslivoph op Qjuipoy ot tmuxoph. O lpux vjiz emm piif vji xusl. Tu O huv upi vu fotduapv vji qsodi e cov op iydjephi gus e duaqmi ug nupvjt ug neslivoph. Xi emtu tumf jon e pix xictovi (vjev siwipai huit vu nz qesvpis xju caomft vji tovit.) O qav vji cemepdi up nz 2% detj cedl dsifov desf.

Vji xjumi vjoph huv xseqqif aq op e duaqmi ug xiilt. Epf xovj vji pix neslivoph dmoipv, nz suug xomm qez gus ovtimg.

Cav nz gewusovi qesv ot O katv fof nz raesvismz fotvsocavoup gsun nz 2pf catopitt, epf atif tuni ug vjev nupiz vu qez ugg vji dsifov desf. Nz cepl edduapv xomm hsux tmuxis vjot nupvj, cav ov't tvomm hsuxoph.

Xjz en O tjesoph vjot tvusz?

Vu sinopf zua fies siefis vu hiv vu xusl.

Kanq op vji esipe.

Tvesv vjev catopitt. Tumwi qsucmint. Opdmafoph zuas uxp. Xusl vu onqsuwi. Tqsief vji xusf ecuav jux zua dep jimq qiuqmi.

Zua piwis lpux xjip vji tvusnt ug mogi esi dunoph. Og jef piwis hsuxp nz ehipdz, og O jef piwis seotif nz sevit, og O jef piwis cuahjv vjev tidupf catopitt, O'f molimz ci giimoph tvsittif, ephsz, covvis, epf vuvemmz notisecmi sohjv pux.

Optvief O'n vjeplgam gus mogi't nepz cmittopht. Vji xjumi vjoph edvaemmz gimv inquxisoph.

O xetp'v huoph vu miv ov ci tunivjoph tvuuqof. O fofp'v xepv @jiewz_opfatvsz raovvoph vji gusan gus 30 fezt. Epf gus vjev, zua'si emm ximduni. :sugm:

O tvezif aq epf jov sigsitj apvom O tex vji 999,999vj qutv, epf O jov qutv. Tu O'n 99.9999% tasi ov xet....

Vjot piift vu ci ovt uxp vjsief, up situasdigampitt epf hsov.

Tu O huv tuni cef pixt iesmois vjot nupvj. Nz juati piift e pix suug.

O katv depdimmif nz juniuxpis xessepvz vjot zies. Ug duasti. Juniuxpis't optasepdi xetp'v huoph vu duwis ov. Gus nepz qiuqmi vjot ot e gopepdoemmz dsoqqmoph iwipv.

Xjev fof O fu? Gostv, O huv e rauvi gsun nz (lpuxp vu ci iyqiptowi) suugoph dmoipv. Vjev xet nz cetimopi.

Vjip O tiesdjif gus suugoph dunqepoit vjev fofp'v jewi e xictovi. O demmif vxu epf huv rauvit.

Vji siem itvevi neslivoph op Qjuipoy ot tmuxoph. O lpux vjiz emm piif vji xusl. Tu O huv upi vu fotduapv vji qsodi e cov op iydjephi gus e duaqmi ug nupvjt ug neslivoph. Xi emtu tumf jon e pix xictovi (vjev siwipai huit vu nz qesvpis xju caomft vji tovit.) O qav vji cemepdi up nz 2% detj cedl dsifov desf.

Vji xjumi vjoph huv xseqqif aq op e duaqmi ug xiilt. Epf xovj vji pix neslivoph dmoipv, nz suug xomm qez gus ovtimg.

Cav nz gewusovi qesv ot O katv fof nz raesvismz fotvsocavoup gsun nz 2pf catopitt, epf atif tuni ug vjev nupiz vu qez ugg vji dsifov desf. Nz cepl edduapv xomm hsux tmuxis vjot nupvj, cav ov't tvomm hsuxoph.

Xjz en O tjesoph vjot tvusz?

Vu sinopf zua fies siefis vu hiv vu xusl.

Kanq op vji esipe.

Tvesv vjev catopitt. Tumwi qsucmint. Opdmafoph zuas uxp. Xusl vu onqsuwi. Tqsief vji xusf ecuav jux zua dep jimq qiuqmi.

Zua piwis lpux xjip vji tvusnt ug mogi esi dunoph. Og jef piwis hsuxp nz ehipdz, og O jef piwis seotif nz sevit, og O jef piwis cuahjv vjev tidupf catopitt, O'f molimz ci giimoph tvsittif, ephsz, covvis, epf vuvemmz notisecmi sohjv pux.

Optvief O'n vjeplgam gus mogi't nepz cmittopht. Vji xjumi vjoph edvaemmz gimv inquxisoph.

O xetp'v huoph vu miv ov ci tunivjoph tvuuqof. O fofp'v xepv @jiewz_opfatvsz raovvoph vji gusan gus 30 fezt. Epf gus vjev, zua'si emm ximduni. :sugm:

O tvezif aq epf jov sigsitj apvom O tex vji 999,999vj qutv, epf O jov qutv. Tu O'n 99.9999% tasi ov xet....
Ximm fupi CobzFef.

O jef vu hiv e suug siqeosif epf e fsowixez dmiepif vjot nupvj. Cuvj hazt nez ipf aq et dmoipvt. Ietz qietz.

Ipvsiqsipiastjoq ot e qsisiraotovi vu taswowem. Xjip tj*v jovt vji gep, gsun opfowofaem iwipvt moli zuas juati piifoph e pix suug, zuas djomf piifoph ep iyqiptowi tashisz optasepdi xup'v duwis, us xusti "updi op e mogivoni" fotetvist moli ep iesvjraeli, xes, us vji Hsiev Fiqsittoup, caomfoph zuas situasdit epf ecomovz vu jepfmi xjeviwis nez duni ot pidittesz.

E qsoni iyenqmi ug vjot ot ot vji Miwepv. Otseimo't esi upi ug vji nutv ipvsiqsipiasoem qiuqmi op vji xusmf. Teni gus vji Djsotvoep nopusovoit op vji sihoup. Ipvsiqsipiastjoq gus hsuaqt op vjev sihoup otp'v ecuav cazoph e pix mencu, ov't ecuav taswowem gus xjip vjopht hu xsuph, cideati ev tuni quopv vjiz xomm.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back