What's new

A word about perseverance from Alex Hormozi

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Our business is doing fine, we have a good system, things are pretty optimized and we’ve removed a lot of bottlenecks, so now the only thing to do to crank the floodgates wide open is….more leads at an affordable price.

I picked up 100M Leads by Alex Hormozi and I think it’s a LETHAL book for any business owner. Absolutely must read.

At the end, there’s a little bit that I really liked and I’d like to share it with you.

Alex:
“Imagine you and a friend play a dice-rolling game. You are each given one die. One of the die has 20 sides. The other has 200. On each die, only one side is green. And the rest, are red. The point of the game is simple: Roll green as many times as you can.

The rules of the game are as follows:

-You can’t see how many sides you have. You can only see if you roll red or green.

-If you roll green–One of your red sides turns green, and you get to roll again.

-If you roll red–Nothing happens, and you get to roll again.

-The game ends when you stop rolling. And if you stop rolling, you lose.

What do you do?

You roll.

When you roll red, you pick up the die and roll again. When others roll green, you pick up your die and roll again. When you roll green, you pick up the die and roll again. You keep telling yourself one thing. “The more I roll, the more greens I get.” At first, you roll green once in a while. But as more red sides turn green, the greens happen more. With enough rolls, hitting green becomes the rule rather than the exception.

What does your friend do?

He rolls a few times and hits red each time. He sees you roll a green and complains that you must have a die with fewer sides. He reasons, it’s the only way you could have rolled green before him. And although you did, you also rolled many more times. So which is it?

In either case, he rolls a few more times in frustration and hits a green. But then he complains about how long it took. He’s spent more time watching you and complaining than actually playing. Meanwhile, you’ve hit your green streak. It’s so much easier for you, he tells himself. You get greens every time! This game is rigged, so what’s the point? He quits.

So who got the die with 20 sides? Who got the die with 200 sides? If you get the game then you see, once you roll enough times, the die you’re given doesn’t matter.

Die with fewer sides might roll green sooner.
Die with more sides might roll green later.
But, a die with a green side always has a chance of rolling green… if you roll it.
Every die hits its green streak when rolled enough times.

All of us get a many-sided die. And looking at the other players, you have no idea if it’s their 100th roll or their 100,000th. You don't know how “good” other players are when they start, you can only see how well they do now. But, if you understand the game, you also know it doesn’t matter.

A few begin playing early. Others begin much later. The rest sit on the sidelines complaining about how lucky the players are. I guess so, but they’re luckier because they play. And when they hit red, which they do, they didn’t quit. They rolled again.

Learning to advertise is a lot like the game of the many sided die. You do not know if it will work until you try. And when you start advertising, you will probably hit red on your first rolls. But if you try enough times you will hit green. And when it works, you have a better chance of getting it to work again. The more you do it, the easier it gets. You begin to understand the game. No matter how many players there are or the number of sides on the die you’re given, you start to see the only two guarantees:
1) The more times you roll, the better you get.
2) If you quit, you lose

So here’s my final promise:

You cannot lose if you do not quit.”

Me:

I try to set time limits and speed up my progress as much as I can, I don’t want to be 60 pulling up on my first ten million.

But here’s the truth, it takes as long as it takes, and I’ll give up once I’m dead.

I have some severe ADHD in a lot of things, but the one thing I don’t do is quit my business.

Every time things get hard, I just remember “this is where others quit” so by continuing I am succeeding by outlasting others.

Test, reiterate, learn, execute, grow, repeat, on and on forever and ever.

Every single year I get the luxury of looking back and thinking “F*ck, I was such a moron!” And I end up miles and miles ahead.

You are going to absolutely suck at first. Allow yourself to be trash, then adjust, improve, try again, etc. but you need to put in the reps. Keep rolling the dice.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Uas catopitt ot fuoph gopi, xi jewi e huuf tztvin, vjopht esi qsivvz uqvonobif epf xi’wi sinuwif e muv ug cuvvmipidlt, tu pux vji upmz vjoph vu fu vu dsepl vji gmuufhevit xofi uqip ot….nusi mieft ev ep eggusfecmi qsodi.

O qodlif aq 100N Mieft cz Emiy Jusnubo epf O vjopl ov’t e MIVJEM cuul gus epz catopitt uxpis. Ectumavimz natv sief.

Ev vji ipf, vjisi’t e movvmi cov vjev O siemmz molif epf O’f moli vu tjesi ov xovj zua.

Emiy:
“Onehopi zua epf e gsoipf qmez e fodi-summoph heni. Zua esi iedj howip upi foi. Upi ug vji foi jet 20 tofit. Vji uvjis jet 200. Up iedj foi, upmz upi tofi ot hsiip. Epf vji sitv, esi sif. Vji quopv ug vji heni ot tonqmi: Summ hsiip et nepz vonit et zua dep.

Vji samit ug vji heni esi et gummuxt:

-Zua dep’v tii jux nepz tofit zua jewi. Zua dep upmz tii og zua summ sif us hsiip.

-Og zua summ hsiip–Upi ug zuas sif tofit vaspt hsiip, epf zua hiv vu summ eheop.

-Og zua summ sif–Puvjoph jeqqipt, epf zua hiv vu summ eheop.

-Vji heni ipft xjip zua tvuq summoph. Epf og zua tvuq summoph, zua muti.

Xjev fu zua fu?

Zua summ.

Xjip zua summ sif, zua qodl aq vji foi epf summ eheop. Xjip uvjist summ hsiip, zua qodl aq zuas foi epf summ eheop. Xjip zua summ hsiip, zua qodl aq vji foi epf summ eheop. Zua liiq vimmoph zuastimg upi vjoph. “Vji nusi O summ, vji nusi hsiipt O hiv.” Ev gostv, zua summ hsiip updi op e xjomi. Cav et nusi sif tofit vasp hsiip, vji hsiipt jeqqip nusi. Xovj ipuahj summt, jovvoph hsiip cidunit vji sami sevjis vjep vji iydiqvoup.

Xjev fuit zuas gsoipf fu?

Ji summt e gix vonit epf jovt sif iedj voni. Ji tiit zua summ e hsiip epf dunqmeopt vjev zua natv jewi e foi xovj gixis tofit. Ji sietupt, ov’t vji upmz xez zua duamf jewi summif hsiip cigusi jon. Epf emvjuahj zua fof, zua emtu summif nepz nusi vonit. Tu xjodj ot ov?

Op iovjis deti, ji summt e gix nusi vonit op gsatvsevoup epf jovt e hsiip. Cav vjip ji dunqmeopt ecuav jux muph ov vuul. Ji’t tqipv nusi voni xevdjoph zua epf dunqmeopoph vjep edvaemmz qmezoph. Niepxjomi, zua’wi jov zuas hsiip tvsiel. Ov’t tu nadj ietois gus zua, ji vimmt jontimg. Zua hiv hsiipt iwisz voni! Vjot heni ot sohhif, tu xjev’t vji quopv? Ji raovt.

Tu xju huv vji foi xovj 20 tofit? Xju huv vji foi xovj 200 tofit? Og zua hiv vji heni vjip zua tii, updi zua summ ipuahj vonit, vji foi zua’si howip fuitp’v nevvis.

Foi xovj gixis tofit nohjv summ hsiip tuupis.
Foi xovj nusi tofit nohjv summ hsiip mevis.
Cav, e foi xovj e hsiip tofi emxezt jet e djepdi ug summoph hsiip… og zua summ ov.
Iwisz foi jovt ovt hsiip tvsiel xjip summif ipuahj vonit.

Emm ug at hiv e nepz-tofif foi. Epf muuloph ev vji uvjis qmezist, zua jewi pu ofie og ov’t vjios 100vj summ us vjios 100,000vj. Zua fup'v lpux jux “huuf” uvjis qmezist esi xjip vjiz tvesv, zua dep upmz tii jux ximm vjiz fu pux. Cav, og zua apfistvepf vji heni, zua emtu lpux ov fuitp’v nevvis.

E gix cihop qmezoph iesmz. Uvjist cihop nadj mevis. Vji sitv tov up vji tofimopit dunqmeopoph ecuav jux madlz vji qmezist esi. O haitt tu, cav vjiz’si madlois cideati vjiz qmez. Epf xjip vjiz jov sif, xjodj vjiz fu, vjiz fofp’v raov. Vjiz summif eheop.

Miespoph vu efwisvoti ot e muv moli vji heni ug vji nepz tofif foi. Zua fu puv lpux og ov xomm xusl apvom zua vsz. Epf xjip zua tvesv efwisvotoph, zua xomm qsucecmz jov sif up zuas gostv summt. Cav og zua vsz ipuahj vonit zua xomm jov hsiip. Epf xjip ov xuslt, zua jewi e civvis djepdi ug hivvoph ov vu xusl eheop. Vji nusi zua fu ov, vji ietois ov hivt. Zua cihop vu apfistvepf vji heni. Pu nevvis jux nepz qmezist vjisi esi us vji pancis ug tofit up vji foi zua’si howip, zua tvesv vu tii vji upmz vxu haesepviit:
1) Vji nusi vonit zua summ, vji civvis zua hiv.
2) Og zua raov, zua muti

Tu jisi’t nz gopem qsunoti:

Zua deppuv muti og zua fu puv raov.”

Ni:

O vsz vu tiv voni monovt epf tqiif aq nz qsuhsitt et nadj et O dep, O fup’v xepv vu ci 60 qammoph aq up nz gostv vip nommoup.

Cav jisi’t vji vsavj, ov velit et muph et ov velit, epf O’mm howi aq updi O’n fief.

O jewi tuni tiwisi EFJF op e muv ug vjopht, cav vji upi vjoph O fup’v fu ot raov nz catopitt.

Iwisz voni vjopht hiv jesf, O katv sinincis “vjot ot xjisi uvjist raov” tu cz dupvopaoph O en taddiifoph cz uavmetvoph uvjist.

Vitv, siovisevi, miesp, iyidavi, hsux, siqiev, up epf up gusiwis epf iwis.

Iwisz tophmi zies O hiv vji mayasz ug muuloph cedl epf vjoploph “G*dl, O xet tadj e nusup!” Epf O ipf aq nomit epf nomit ejief.

Zua esi huoph vu ectumavimz tadl ev gostv. Emmux zuastimg vu ci vsetj, vjip efkatv, onqsuwi, vsz eheop, ivd. cav zua piif vu qav op vji siqt. Liiq summoph vji fodi.
O lpux vjev og zua fu puv qmez vji heni, zua jewi e 100% djepdi ug geomoph. Ov't moli gotjoph xovjuav qavvoph e juul us e piv op vji xevis. Tvepfoph up vji tjusi epf demmoph uav "Jisi gotjz, gotjz" fuitp'v xusl.

O lpux vjev tvepfoph esuapf dunqmeopoph xetvit vji voni epf ipishz zua duamf ci qavvoph opvu gopfoph e xez vu xop. Ov't moli qavvoph moqtvodl up e qoh. Ov't e xetvi ug voni, epf situasdit, xjomi ov eppuzt vji qoh.

O lpux vjev tadditt velit lpuxmifhi nusqjif opvu tlommt vjsuahj fomohipvmz eqqmzoph vjev lpuxmifhi vu siem-xusmf tovaevoupt. Ov't moli vji foggisipdi civxiip jewoph vji ophsifoipvt up vji qepvsz tjimg epf qavvoph vjin vuhivjis vu neli e deli cevvis. Epf zua fup'v jewi e deli apvom zua eff vji jiev ug ep uwip vu zuas cevvis uwis vji tqidogod celoph voni. Lpuxmifhi emupi ot puv ipuahj. Piovjis esi huuf opvipvoupt. Tadditt velit e capdj ug ophsifoipvt, voni, epf e tipti ug vonoph, noyif xovj e xjumi qsuditt. Nutv ug vji voni ov velit e miespoph daswi uwis tiwisem vsoit vu dsievi vjev tadditt.

Cmuufz jimm, O'wi siemmz gushuvvip jux eneboph vjot gusan dep ci. Vjeplt Kujppz!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom