What's new

Advice on executing my plan

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Hello,

This is my first thread discussing in detail my plans with the Fastlane community. I have had this plan on paper for years but have taken large breaks in between due to me not knowing how to execute(along with a lack of commitment). I will try to make this is as succinct as possible, any advice is appreciated.

Objective: To become a sales rep for a company in a niche field and generate income through the facilitated transactions between clients I identify and the business(es) I work with. I would be selling anything from hardware to SaaS. I would want to negotiate agreements with said companies to pay me a percentage of net profits from any and all sales I close.

Main problem area: What has confused me is the order in which to go about executing my objective efficiently. I'm conflicted on whether to first attract prospects and build a pipeline and then approach these businesses with names in hand, or to go to these businesses initially and strike an agreement before making calls and contact with prospects. The way I see it, if I apply the former as a strategy it could be smoother since I will already have a variety of prospects to present to my companies of interest and possibly close right then and there. However the flip side is, if I strike an agreement beforehand I may be privy to more useful and specific information on the products that will further entice and influence customers to take action.

Backstory: My first attempt at this occurred several years ago when I cold called many businesses(specifically in the orthopedic field) to pitch hardware (of which I only had general spec and pricing information on) hoping to parlay a warm lead into an agreement with the manufacturer. For the most part it was unsuccessful but I did have one prospect from a multi million dollar laboratory reach back to me showing interest and requesting further information. He eventually purchased the same product I was pitching from another party, as I was unable to execute accordingly.

FWIW: My current job involves cold calling/servicing several households on a daily basis so the concept of making a lot of calls a day on the phone is not as nerve wracking to me as it once was. I think once I know how to appropriately go about this, I should at the very least be able to start making the calls I need to make which is enough to get started on my journey.

Pardon if I made this thread too long or perplexing, and thanks for reading.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ov't puv dmies vu ni xjev efwodi zua'si muuloph gus. Xjev O hevjis gsun zuas qutv ot vjev zua xepv vu ciduni e temit siq, epf zua'si xupfisoph xjivjis zua tjuamf hiv tuni mieft gostv epf vjip eqqsuedj e dunqepz, us eqqsuedj e dunqepz xovjuav mieft epf vjip hu uav epf gopf vji mieft gus vjev dunqepz. Ot vjev emm vjev't jumfoph zua cedl?

Temit ot vji ietoitv kuc vu hiv opvu, cideati ov't ataemmz dunnottoup cetif. Tu O'f hu vu vji catopitt zua xepv vu siq gus epf katv eqqmz xovjuav epz mieft. Og vjiz esi jitovepv, zua dep emxezt hiv tuni mieft vu dupwopdi vjin. O fup'v tii epz cessois vjev ot foggodamv vu uwisduni jisi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom