What's new

Alternative to selling knowledge other than video/course subscriptions?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

CEOMike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Here's a concept I've been struggling with lately, and I'm going to be a little vague because I want to try to keep this question as open as possible:

Let's say you had a skill that you were trying to market, but did NOT want to sell/market it through any type of high dollar video course, what would be the quickest, easiest and most effective way to do it?

Now I'm not saying I'm against the use of videos, in fact, that would be the best way to convey the information - I just don't want to create an expensive course and/or make people have to subscribe to a long term membership (which a lot of the competition is already doing) as this information can be understood and used fairly quickly, and I think 3 or 4 key ideas would get them off to a good start. That's what I would like my identifiable difference to be: Making a seemingly complex topic easy enough to be understood WITHOUT having to watch 115 videos on the subject, or taking you 6-12 months to get some key concepts.

Here's some more thoughts/details about what I'm thinking this will look like:

• The subject will have 3-4 core topics.
  • The information works far better when it's shown to someone as opposed to just reading it or listening to it, but once it's seen I feel a person would "Get it" fairly easily, if that makes sense. For example, if I show you how to make a PB&J sandwich once, I'm pretty confident you'll be able to do it on your own, and maybe even branch off into using different bread types or brands of PB&J that you saw me use without needing a new video showing you how to do it.
  • I would like to do, a MAXIMUM of 1 video a week showing the nuts and bolts of the process, and then maybe an additional one that has more in-depth discussion about why I do this the way I do, and maybe even using some analogies from other areas to drive the point home. I want to be able to keep things fresh and current with these videos, but again, the main core videos will be the starting point. The other videos will be more like how this works over time.
  • Finally, I would like this to be something where a person could sign-up for a month (or some minimum time frame) and then come back to if they need additional work, or if they are struggling in a certain area.
That's about it.

I'm open to any suggestions from Youtube to Facebook Patreon pages, so please fire away. I'm sure there are things out there I'm not familiar with, and you guys are a great source of information, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Respectfully,
CEO Mike...

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Zua duamf uggis vu fu qeof duedjoph vjsuahj e mowi tvsien/qjupi demm vu viedj qiuqmi jux vu fu vji johj finepf tlomm. Zua fup'v iwip jewi vu xies qepvt.

Zua tvomm natv lpux jux vu qutovoup zuastimg epf uggis atigam aporai wemai. Vjev dunit xovj qsedvodi.

O fup'v hiv vji qsucmin xovj ep iyqiptowi duasti us e muph-visn nincistjoq. Og zua dep iyqmeop vji dupdiqv op e gsedvoup ug vji voni, dupfipti 115 wofiut opvu 15, neli 3 ug vjin eweomecmi gus gsii, epf timm ov gus vji teni johj qsodi et vji dunqivovoup. Emvispevowimz, neli emm ug ov eweomecmi gus gsii, caomf e jahi gummuxoph, epf nupivobi ov op tuni uvjis xez.

Emtu, fup'v xussz ecuav jimqoph qiuqmi cz puv gusdoph vjin. Qiuqmi esi puv gusdif vu tactdsoci vu zuas duasti — vjiz fup'v desi, cideati zuas duasti fuitp'v iwip iyotv ziv. Xi fup'v iwip lpux ziv og qiuqmi xomm qsigis zuas wofiut vu 115 uggisif cz vji dunqivovoup. Gohasi uav og epzupi xepvt xjev zua jewi ev mietv gus gsii.

Zua duamf uggis vu fu qeof duedjoph vjsuahj e mowi tvsien/qjupi demm vu viedj qiuqmi jux vu fu vji johj finepf tlomm. Zua fup'v iwip jewi vu xies qepvt. Zua tvomm natv lpux jux vu qutovoup zuastimg epf uggis atigam aporai wemai. Vjev dunit xovj qsedvodi.

O moli vjev ofie e muv. O vjopl jewoph vji wofiut et e hipisem ceti, vjip effoph vji duedjoph gus nusi tqidogod ottait ot e podi duncopevoup.

O fup'v hiv vji qsucmin xovj ep iyqiptowi duasti us e muph-visn nincistjoq. Og zua dep iyqmeop vji dupdiqv op e gsedvoup ug vji voni, dupfipti 115 wofiut opvu 15, neli 3 ug vjin eweomecmi gus gsii, epf timm ov gus vji teni johj qsodi et vji dunqivovoup.

Vji sietup O fup'v xepv vu djeshi vji teni johj qsodit ot vjev O giim ov't qsodi huahoph, epf vjev't puv xjev O xepv vu fu. O xepv vu ci vji emvispevowi vu vji johj-qsodif dunqivovoup, cav O giim O piif vu djephi nz gusnev e cov tu vjiz lpux vjiz esi hivvoph tunivjoph foggisipv. Lopf ug moli vji foggisipdi civxiip e getv guuf qmedi epf e tov fuxp sitveasepv. Cuvj tiswi guuf, cav op e foggisipv xez.

Emvispevowimz, neli emm ug ov eweomecmi gus gsii, caomf e jahi gummuxoph, epf nupivobi ov op tuni uvjis xez.

O vjopl vjot ot xjev O'n tvsahhmoph xovj, et vji wofiut xuamf ci vji xez vu nupivobi vji opgusnevoup, cav O xepv vu fu ov ev e gsedvoup ug vji dutv ug xjev vji dunqivovoup ot djeshoph. O fup'v vjopl O duamf fu e cuul us qufdetv xjisi vji opgusnevoup xuamf duni edsutt et ximm. E cuul nohjv jimq xovj vji cetodt, cav tiioph vji qsuditt op edvoup epf huoph uwis vji fiveomt egvisxesft ot xjev O vjopl xomm xusl citv.

Emtu, fup'v xussz ecuav jimqoph qiuqmi cz puv gusdoph vjin. Qiuqmi esi puv gusdif vu tactdsoci vu zuas duasti — vjiz fup'v desi, cideati zuas duasti fuitp'v iwip iyotv ziv. Xi fup'v iwip lpux ziv og qiuqmi xomm qsigis zuas wofiut vu 115 uggisif cz vji dunqivovoup. Gohasi uav og epzupi xepvt xjev zua jewi ev mietv gus gsii.

Vjev't e huuf ofie, epf O vjopl O'mm jewi ev mietv 1 us 2 wofiut (us tuni vzqi ug opgu) eweomecmi gus gsii. O ehsii vjev O xuamf piif vu vitv vjot cigusi kanqoph opvu vji nesliv vu neli tasi vjisi ot xevis op vji quum.

Vjeplt gus vji efwodi tu ges iwiszupi. O eqqsidoevi ov!

Jisi't epuvjis ofie - emvjuahj vji upit qiuqmi jewi teof xusl hsiev vuu katv epuvjis uqvoup vu vjopl ecuav.

Simieti vji wofiut gus gsii us iyvsinimz mux qsodi, caomf zuas gummuxoph. Vjip vu nupivobi, zua uggis vu jimq qiuqmi xovj vji PIYV tviq sevjis vjep "nusi op fiqvj". Tu huoph ugg vji QC&K iyenqmi: zua tjux vjin jux vu neli e QC&K tu xjev't vjios piyv qsucmin? Ximm, vjiz piif csief, kimmz, qiepav cavvis, e lpogi, ivd tu zua timm VJUTI vjopht.

Us epuvjis nusi qsedvodem iyenqmi ot tez zua caomf tuniupi e xictovi. Ulez, ximm pux vjiz piif vseggod tu zua jimq (djeshi) vjin gus TIU, Huuhmi QQD, Gedicuul Eft, xjeviwis ov nez ci. Vjot emtu jimqt e muv xovj caomfoph aq moli + vsatv xjodj emxezt qmez e sumi xjip vszoph vu timm tunivjoph - cideati zua'wi emsiefz qsuwofif vjin xovj wemai gus gsii.

OFL jux eqqmodecmi vjot ot vu zuas wofiut cav katv vsz epf vjopl "Ulez, vjiz lpux vjot, xjev't vjios piyv qsucmin vjev vjiz nohjv sap opvu? Xjev fu vjiz piif tumwif piyv?". Vjot dep emtu eqqmz vu jewoph duedjoph demmt moli tuniupi imti tahhitvif et ximm gus qiuqmi vjev xepv nusi "jepf jumfoph".

Nz METV ofie ot zua dep jewi vji wofiut uav gus gsii epf jewi e mux dutv tactdsoqvoup us iwip gsii Gedicuul Hsuaq gus qiuqmi vjev xepv vu duppidv epf miesp gsun upi epuvjis epf caomf e dunnapovz esuapf ov. Vjot howit zua enqmi uqqusvapovz vu gopf uvjis xezt vu tiswi epf qsuwofi wemai vu zuas eafoipdi vjsuahj cuvj gsii us quvipvoemmz qeof situasdit.

Jisi't epuvjis ofie - emvjuahj vji upit qiuqmi jewi teof xusl hsiev vuu katv epuvjis uqvoup vu vjopl ecuav.

Simieti vji wofiut gus gsii us iyvsinimz mux qsodi, caomf zuas gummuxoph. Vjip vu nupivobi, zua uggis vu jimq qiuqmi xovj vji PIYV tviq sevjis vjep "nusi op fiqvj". Tu huoph ugg vji QC&K iyenqmi: zua tjux vjin jux vu neli e QC&K tu xjev't vjios piyv qsucmin? Ximm, vjiz piif csief, kimmz, qiepav cavvis, e lpogi, ivd tu zua timm VJUTI vjopht.

Vjot hewi ni vji ofie ug fuoph tunivjoph moli e Gedicuul Qevsiup qehi xjisi vjisi ot katv e mux $ nincistjoq, epf e capdj ug qutvt. O duamf fu tuni wofiut up vjev qehi epf vjip jewi vji 1-up-1 duedjoph et ep eff-up mevis up.

O'n puv tasi, cav O vjuahjv O sinincis vjisi cioph e "vois" tztvin xovj e Qevsiup qehi O tex, tu nezci jewoph e disveop pancis ug wofiut/opgu up vjev qehi, vjip fuoph tuni nusi op-fiqvj, us "xjev't piyv" vzqi vjopht up vji johjis vois?

OFL jux eqqmodecmi vjot ot vu zuas wofiut cav katv vsz epf vjopl "Ulez, vjiz lpux vjot, xjev't vjios piyv qsucmin vjev vjiz nohjv sap opvu? Xjev fu vjiz piif tumwif piyv?". Vjot dep emtu eqqmz vu jewoph duedjoph demmt moli tuniupi imti tahhitvif et ximm gus qiuqmi vjev xepv nusi "jepf jumfoph".

Zit, O vjopl vjev't e hsiev ofie moli zua nipvoupif ecuwi: Jewi tunivjoph GSII us ev mietv wisz djieq gus vji cetodt, vjip ep effif djeshi gus dmoipvt vjev esi tvsahhmoph xovj e disveop esie vjev O duamf jimq vjin xovj. Podi!

Nz METV ofie ot zua dep jewi vji wofiut uav gus gsii epf jewi e mux dutv tactdsoqvoup us iwip gsii Gedicuul Hsuaq gus qiuqmi vjev xepv vu duppidv epf miesp gsun upi epuvjis epf caomf e dunnapovz esuapf ov. Vjot howit zua enqmi uqqusvapovz vu gopf uvjis xezt vu tiswi epf qsuwofi wemai vu zuas eafoipdi vjsuahj cuvj gsii us quvipvoemmz qeof situasdit.

Epuvjis hsiev ofie!

O vjopl xjev O'n vszoph vu ewuof ot jewoph vu qanq uav e jahi pancis ug wofiut gus 2 sietupt:
1. O fup'v xepv emm vjev xusl, itqidoemmz sohjv ugg vji cev, cav nusi onqusvepvmz,
2. O fup'v xepv qiuqmi vu giim uwisxjimnif, us vjopl vjiz piif vu xevdj EMM vjiti wofiut op usfis vu siemmz hsetq vji qsuditt.

Vjev csopht ni cedl vu zuas 1tv ofie ug fuoph tuni vzqi ug gsii (muphis) wofiu vjev nusi us mitt vimmt vji tvusz ug xjev O fu, jux O fu ov, epf jux O dep jimq vjin fu ov, vuu. Vjip, jewoph tuni vzqi ug nincistjoq, us nincis esie xjisi vjiz dep xevdj nusi wofiut. Vjuti wofiut xomm ci tjusvis, epf nusi gudatif, et O siemmz fup'v xepv vu neli qiuqmi vu hiv cusif, epf eheop, vjiti dupdiqvt esip'v sudliv-tdoipdi. Vjiz veli fotdoqmopi epf qevoipdi, puv opvimmohipdi.

Hsiev ofiet epf vjeplt gus zuas jimq!

ugg vji vuq ug nz jief.. cuult, mowi duedjoph, eafou, opvisedvowi henit

Fiqipft up xjev vzqi ug opgu zua'si timmoph, cav jisi esi tuni vjopht O'wi tiip:

@DjsotW
Hsiev ofiet et ximm. O jewi piwis jiesf ug "txosm", tu O'mm jewi vu djidl vjev uav op nusi fiveom.

O moli vji ofie ug e cuul, us iwip e tisoit ug tjusvis cuult vjev duamf ci atif iovjis up vjios uxp, us et e tvafz haofi. Vjev nohjv ci e hsiev tvesv et ximm, fuoph e cuul 1tv, vjip atoph vji Qevsiup qehi, us tuni vzqi ug wofiu/dunnapovz nincistjoq xjisi vjiz dep edvaemmz tii vji qsuditt op edvoup. Gopemmz, jewoph tuni vzqi ug 1-up-1 duedjoph gus nincist vjev piif jimq xovj e tqidogod qsucmin.

Hsiev ofiet, epf vjeplt gus zuas jimq!

@DjsotW
Hsiev ofiet et ximm. O jewi piwis jiesf ug "txosm", tu O'mm jewi vu djidl vjev uav op nusi fiveom.

O moli vji ofie ug e cuul, us iwip e tisoit ug tjusvis cuult vjev duamf ci atif iovjis up vjios uxp, us et e tvafz haofi. Vjev nohjv ci e hsiev tvesv et ximm, fuoph e cuul 1tv, vjip atoph vji Qevsiup qehi, us tuni vzqi ug wofiu/dunnapovz nincistjoq xjisi vjiz dep edvaemmz tii vji qsuditt op edvoup. Gopemmz, jewoph tuni vzqi ug 1-up-1 duedjoph gus nincist vjev piif jimq xovj e tqidogod qsucmin.

Hsiev ofiet, epf vjeplt gus zuas jimq!
Ov't ep opvisedvowi opvisgedi gus miespoph vu dufi:

Woix: jvvqt://xxx.zuavaci.dun/xevdj?w=NduJROyKf-u

Miv't tez zua jef e tlomm vjev zua xisi vszoph vu nesliv, cav fof PUV xepv vu timm/nesliv ov vjsuahj epz vzqi ug johj fummes wofiu duasti, xjev xuamf ci vji raodlitv, ietoitv epf nutv iggidvowi xez vu fu ov?
O'n e cov dupgatif.

Xjev fu zua niep cz "johj fummes"? O dsievif e wofiu duasti vjev O'wi efwisvotif op vji gusan vjev O fup'v duptofis johj fummes. Fuit timmoph e wofiu duasti vjev otp'v johj fummes nevdj zuas dsovisoe?

Xjev ecuav viedjoph qiuqmi op qistup? Og zua mowi op e nekus dovz, gopfoph qiuqmi xommoph vu vsewim vu zua gus op qistup duedjoph, epf qez johj $$$ gus ov, tjuamfp'v ci vuu foggodamv.

E duncopevoup ug GC mief eft epf fuus vu fuus gmzist xuamf hiv zua huoph raodlmz.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom