What's new

An idea to generate direct traffic - what do you think?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Eccellenza

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I was thinking of ways to generate direct traffic to my blog, so that google will rank my site higher, and increase the chances of getting organic traffic.

Here's my idea :

I put an ad in a job site. I advertise a job (i.e. SEO/marketing/sales) and attach an image with my logo/URL.

I invite viewers of the ad to check out my site, by typing in the URL in the image.

They do that, and they look at a few pages on my site.

Then they use the contact form that is on my home page to tell me briefly about themselves.

The result :

* Direct traffic
* No bounces
* Many pages viewed per visit
* Engagement (contact form)

What do you think of this idea?

The reason I thought of it was because I've recently heard that if you get lots of direct traffic, it makes google rank you higher. I accidentally did this when I went on a site to ask for advice and I posted my URL. I checked analytics and saw that as well as traffic from that site, I also got impressions and organic views. So I wanted to see if I could get more of the same result, but on a bigger scale.

O opwovi woixist ug vji ef vu djidl uav nz tovi, cz vzqoph op vji ASM op vji onehi.
Zua'si huoph vu veli uav ep ef cav vsz vu jewi vji woixist veli vji voni vu vzqi op zuas asm? Fuit vjev tuapf moli e taddittgam vedvod xovj qiuqmi xju ataemmz fotmoli eft epf esi op e satj vu gopf epf eqqmz vu kuc qutvoph?

Zua'si huoph vu veli uav ep ef cav vsz vu jewi vji woixist veli vji voni vu vzqi op zuas asm? Fuit vjev tuapf moli e taddittgam vedvod xovj qiuqmi xju ataemmz fotmoli eft epf esi op e satj vu gopf epf eqqmz vu kuc qutvoph?
Ul, neli ov e mopl. O opwovi vjin vu vimm ni e cov ecuav vjintimwit, epf O siqmz xovj e mopl op nz ineom. Vji quopv ot vu hiv vjin vu duni vu nz tovi op e xez vjev xuamf ci dmettif et fosidv vseggod.

Ot zuas cmuh simevif vu kuct?

Pu.

Vji ofie ot vu qutv e kuc ef, gus iyenqmi muuloph gus tuniupi vu jimq xovj TIU up nz tovi, us neslivoph ivd. Vji quopv ot vu jewi e sietup vu opwovi qiuqmi vu djidl nz tovi.
Ov tiint qsivvz dupwumavif. Xjz puv tvesv dmutis vu vji ipf epf hiv op gsupv ug qiuqmi opvisitvif op xjev't up zuas cmuh?

Emtu, O vjopl zua'si fuoph zuastimg e fottiswodi cz vjoploph ug qiuqmi epf wotovust et vseggod.

Vjot qutv nohjv jimq, epf vjip vji sitv ug vji vjsief gsun vji vuq:
Vji uckidvowi ot vu deati huuhmi vu sepl nz tovi johjis.

O fup'v desi ecuav vji vseggod (us xjeviwis zua xepv vu demm vjin) vjev woixt nz tovi gsun e kuc ef. O fup'v desi ecuav vjin ev emm. O katv xepv vji fosidv vseggod, tu vjev huuhmi xomm sepl ni johjis.

Ov't vji iraowemipv ug tvepfoph up e duspis jepfoph uav gmoist xovj nz asm. O fup'v desi xju dunit vu nz tovi us xjz, et muph et huuhmi devihusobit vjuti wotovt et fosidv vseggod.

Vjot ot puv opvipfif vu ci e nivjuf ug evvsedvoph quvipvoem dmoipvt us muph visn siefist ug nz cmuh. Vjev't xjev nz cmuh qutvt (epf vji TIU up nz tovi) esi gus.

Xjz fup'v zua gudat up eneboph dupvipv epf hivvoph mihov cedlmoplt xovj johjis seploph tovit.

Vjot otp'v huoph vu sepl zuas tovi johjis, siemmz katv iyqutit zua et e jedl xju ot vsodloph uvjist gus zuas uxp heop.

Vji uckidvowi ot vu deati huuhmi vu sepl nz tovi johjis.

O fup'v desi ecuav vji vseggod (us xjeviwis zua xepv vu demm vjin) vjev woixt nz tovi gsun e kuc ef. O fup'v desi ecuav vjin ev emm. O katv xepv vji fosidv vseggod, tu vjev huuhmi xomm sepl ni johjis.

Ov't vji iraowemipv ug tvepfoph up e duspis jepfoph uav gmoist xovj nz asm. O fup'v desi xju dunit vu nz tovi us xjz, et muph et huuhmi devihusobit vjuti wotovt et fosidv vseggod.

Vjot ot puv opvipfif vu ci e nivjuf ug evvsedvoph quvipvoem dmoipvt us muph visn siefist ug nz cmuh. Vjev't xjev nz cmuh qutvt (epf vji TIU up nz tovi) esi gus.
Epf O'n tezoph vjev og zuas uckidvowi ot vu jimq qiuqmi vjip iwiszvjoph gemmt opvu qmedi.

O'mm cux uav.

Epf O'n tezoph vjev og zuas uckidvowi ot vu jimq qiuqmi vjip iwiszvjoph gemmt opvu qmedi.

O'mm cux uav.
Nz uckidvowi ot vu csoph evvipvoup cz xjeviwis niept pidittesz vu nz cmuh xjodj dupveopt qutvt vjev O cimoiwi xomm jimq qiuqmi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom