What's new

An intro from Texas

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

TexasVentures

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Hello from the FASTLANE!!

.........is what I hope to say within the next 5 years :D

As for now I'll just introduce myself as a Adam from Houston, TX. I'm 25 years old, moved down to Houston about 6 years ago and love it down here.

I'll do this two ways, the twitter version: in less then 140 characters, and then a detailed version: full of run-on sentences and anecdotes. Feel free to pick which ever you want to read.

The short story: Young entrepreneur. Car lover. Fishing/Hunting enthusiast. Creativity is my passion. New ideas and ventures keep me awake at night.

The long story: Born in a small town with a population of 189 where I walked uphill to school both ways, barefoot, for 8 miles...............

:bsmeter:

Just kidding - I'm 25 years old, an entrepreneur, and a small business owner. I own a company that specializes in print and web marketing. We offer services like print and marketing collateral, web design, and marketing. I started the company from the ground up in a storage unit (they offered warehouse/office combo, not like an 8x10 with a folding chair like you're imagining! ). I was working with another guy at the time who was offering screen printing and vinyl services. I kind of fell into starting this company when I was 21. It's actually similar to someone else on here's story which you all should know. Someone came to me and said Hey! Can you design me a website? It was one of those things when you're paying your way through college and working full time that you jump at the chance to make an "easy" $500. I say "easy" because ironically, I've found throughout the past several years, the cheapest clients are the worst to work with. So after I built this one site they said Okay, looks great! Now how much an hour for maintenance? .......uhhh? What? I hadn't looked this far ahead. I never once thought that there would be a relationship after this point. Boldly I said $20/hr! She said Sounds great, we'll let you know when we have to add or update some content. I was shocked, someone was going to pay me $20 an hour to just change some text on a website? Phew this is easy money. Well she told one person, who told another person, who told another person, and the business began to grow. Then I met a guy through a mutual friend who was interested in doing an internship with me, who I eventually ended up bringing on as a business partner, which was the best choice I ever made. He's now one of my best friends and shares the same entrepreneurial mindset. As we began to grow the business I decided to drop out of college to focus on growing the company. I figured hey, you can always go back to school, but right now i'm young, single, free from kids or any real obligation, why not give it a shot.

That was over 3 years ago. As we've grown we have picked up bigger clients, but i'm still a slave to the business, working 10-15 hours a day trying to knock out projects while managing everyday business tasks, not a fastlane model at all at this stage. I wish when I was younger I would have been as smart as MJ and say waaaait a minute... This money I'm generating is solely dependent on my time. I would have instituted other measures to generate more passive income, and thats is why I'm still in the slowlane. The truth is, with this line of work, I feel like it's so over-saturated, that even the things that set us apart, aren't that distinct from other companies. It seems as though everyone is a graphic or web designer. Even Joe's grandma down the street is a graphic designer, even if she uses MS Paint and clipart, in their eyes, our job is the same. I love what I do, but I don't know that this particular job at this rate will net me the fastlane lifestyle I wish to achieve, unless I commit the next 40 years to building this up, and then having money to retire at 65 and living a "comfortable lifestyle". That sounds like a terrible idea..... which is why I read this forum every night.

I know this is my introduction, but I've been reading the forum for over a month now, just haven't posted anything, but I figured it was time to start getting more involved, and having my questions answered, or contributing what I can to the community. I have a passion for entrepreneurship, I love meeting new people and coming across new opportunities. I don't know what or how I will be successful (fastlane successful), but it will happen. So far at this point in my life I've had 3 "unsuccessful" business ventures, all before I could legally drink. I'd like to say the last one is my last one, but the honest truth is no one can predict that. I put "unsuccessful" because I don't like saying that they failed. Did they? Yes in the sense that they didn't succeed, but I feel as though I took away so much from these things that I can't call it a failure, I actually grew with each experience - as they each taught me a lesson.

I'm still seeking opportunities in everything I do, and will continue to turn to the forum for advice and insight from the tons of knowledgeable people here. I hope that gave yall some insight into "the new guy".

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ximduni vu vji gusan!

Hsiev opvsu, citv ug madl up zuas qevj vu getvmepi!

Xic fiwimuqis jisi, O dep simevi vu nadj ug zuas tvusz. Emtu puv ziv op vji getvmepi cav xusloph up ov:)

Ximduni vu vji getvmepi piohjcus.

Ximduni! O en gsun juatvup et ximm!

Xi tjuamf jewi e dohes tunivoni. Fu zua humg?

Lel O'f ci fuxp vu fu vjev tunivoni, O tii zua'si op vji Xuufmepft, O mowi op vji Dzqsitt esie tu xi'si puv vjev ges gsun iedj uvjis. Epf vu eptxis zuas raitvoup- Fu O humg.... O vjopl vjevt simevowi, fu O ipkuz ov - zit, en O epz huuf ev ov - pu , jewi O qmezif ev emm op uwis 2 ziest - pu.. jeje

Lel O'f ci fuxp vu fu vjev tunivoni, O tii zua'si op vji Xuufmepft, O mowi op vji Dzqsitt esie tu xi'si puv vjev ges gsun iedj uvjis. Epf vu eptxis zuas raitvoup- Fu O humg.... O vjopl vjevt simevowi, fu O ipkuz ov - zit, en O epz huuf ev ov - pu , jewi O qmezif ev emm op uwis 2 ziest - pu.. jeje

Tuapft moli e qmep! Dzqsitt otp'v vuu ges.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom