The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • The Fastlane Forum Is Going Exclusively Private with Paid Access

After 17 years of my personal dedication to a freely accessible forum, the time has come for this forum to become a private, limited access community. To read more, visit the announcement thread or apply to become a member.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join today.

Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has helped entrepreneurs win their freedom with over 38,000 game-changing posts. Join over 90,000 members and a library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

An unusual journey to the fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Asaah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 10, 2022
Ghana
Hey Fastlaners,

I'm Emmanuel Asaah, a West African.

Growing up in a very remote area without electricity or modern amenities, life has always been on survival mode. If you weren’t naturally good at school, you were doomed to quit education and rely on menial jobs, give birth and your descendants repeat the same cycle.

I was fortunate to enter into nursing college, and there lied my FTE(f*ck this event) where I faced a near eviction due to unpaid fees. Growth vs fixed mindset I learned earlier made me believe there must be a way for me to also live a life of abundance. This led me to read Unscripted . The book captivated me so much that I took a day off just to finish it. No other book has resonated with me like that. Later, I read The Millionaire Fastlane , and I was hooked.

I know it is a steal to get this transformative information right through some random app, but forgive me MJ, as I couldn’t get this in any other way.

I went on to watch MJ on YouTube, where he explained the stages of getting to the Fastlane. That’s when I immediately signed up here and made my first post
flimage.PNG

Initially, the business information over here was so overwhelming. I knew the learning curve was going to be super steep. I remember having to google the meaning of “lead generation” from @Andyblack’s post. I have since consumed a lot of wisdom from you legends. I also noticed many posts from others in the third world saying, “I’m very poor and I need help urgently.” Valuable advice would be given, but it often ended with, “but I have no money to start.”

So I knew that if I really want to stick to this Fastlane journey, I would have to adapt a tough mentality: that no one was going to save me, and I must find a way to gain valuable skills, so that I can also contribute significantly and also ask for actionable advice.

I felt web design might be a good starting point, as I had already learned some basic html and css. So @Fox school was suitable to start from, but raising the money was nearly impossible. Instead whining about about my situation, I silently went through a compulsory one-year national service a year later, bought a laptop, subscribed to a month of Rob’s school, and paid for hosting on Chemicloud thanks to a recommendation by @Lex DeVille.

I’ve set a 5-year goal to become financially independent, among others, after reading Awaken the Giant Within, recommended by MJ here. I used GoalSumo.com during the trial period, and it was incredible. I plan to resume once I have the means.

In December, I started offering web design services and landed a project with a friend who runs a dental clinic. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a terrible project, as he was so reluctant to provide the necessary asset for a quality website. Read @Johnny boy somewhere says something like family and friends are fake leads. So I knew I don’t have to rely on family and friends, my country, and the African continent as a whole.

For the past two months, I’ve focused on polishing my web design skills, aiming to market my services internationally. All while working 12 hours as a factory nurse, earning barely enough to afford proper food for the month.

I’ve been making many connections on LinkedIn. Let's connect here https://www.linkedin.com/in/webdesignerpro/. I’ve already spoken to a few Fastlaners there like @Fox @Andy Black @Jinzou @Black_Dragon43 @David Fitz Mikkel Linskey.

Here’s my landing page I’m redesigning: rainsites.com
What do you think about it?

Thank you for reading. Kindly let me know your feedback on my Fastlane journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

This isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. Since 2007, multi-millionaire entrepreneur and best-selling author MJ DeMarco has been a daily, hands-on mentor at the Fastlane Forum, authoring a staggering 38,000 posts filled with invaluable insights, strategies, and advice. When you join Fastlane, you’re not merely becoming a member—you’re entering MJ’s inner circle, a supportive home where you’re never left to navigate alone. Embrace the power of true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Post comments, react, ask questions.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads

$197 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.