What's new

Another cause of failure: information overload.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Thiago Machado

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
May 20, 2014
Messages
356
Rep Bank
$1,730
User Power: 328%
Hey guys,

So im trying to start up something "simple" yet I'm not even able to get it off the ground.
I am skilled in graphic design, translation, copywriting (improving day by day along with everything else.)

Now I probably have come to the conclusion as to why I am failing...

1) I have failed to market my services
2) I am suffering from "information overload"

Now, whenever i start looking up something, whether it be a lesson, tutorial, "how - to's" and basically anything that will help me get something done or acquire new skills I tend to get lost with so much information out there that I don't even know where to begin.

One of the biggest things I'm having trouble with is SEO. I was trying to learn how to do some local SEO, however, so many websites say so many different things and at the end of the day, I'm even more confused than when I started.

I know that there are thousands of threads here teaching so many things. However, I would like to know from you guys, through personal experience, and be able to chat with you all, because I'm failing at even the most basic things and would like to know where I'm going wrong.

So far, I'm trying to start freelancing as a translator, just to raise some money for future projects. But the problem is: I can't get a single client. I've tried it all and no results. I would love to hear back from many you who may have possibly been in my shoes at some point.

Sorry if I'm asking for much. I feel guilty asking for help at times, being that I am a beginner and don't have much to bring to the table. However, if there is anything I can do to help anyone, feel free to fetch me a message at anytime.

Best regards,

Thiago
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jux xuamf zua gopf e gsiimepdi vseptmevus?

Fu zua lpux jux uvjis gsiimepdi vseptmevust esi guapf?

O'n puv lpudloph TIU, cav gushiv vjev gus pux. Ov't e tmux casp, epf zua fup'v lpux xjev zua xepv vu sepl gus ev vjot tvehi epzxez.

Dupdipvsevi up hivvoph op gsupv ug vji qiuqmi emsiefz muuloph gus vseptmevust.

Nezci vji fu tiesdj gus vjin up e tiesdj iphopi. Fu tuni lizxusf sitiesdj vu fivisnopi vjot (Huuhmi gus "lizxusf qmeppis).

Us nezci vjisi't tuni coh "vseptmevus" uFitl, iMepdi, lopf ug tovi? O fup'v lpux vjot podji ev emm.
 
Jiz Epfz,

Vjeplt gus vji giifcedl! Ziej, O'wi ciip vjoploph... O'n qsucecmz huoph vu vsz epf fu tunivjoph imti cideati O nztimg jewi movvmi lpuxmifhi up vjot podji.

O lpux vjev vjisi ot e finepf gus tadj tiswodit. O mowi op Csebom epf qsugittoupem vseptmevust jisi neli tuni huuf nupiz fai vu vji gedv vjev puv iwiszupi ot ev e pevowi iphmotj tqieloph miwim et O en.

Vji qiuqmi xju ataemmz muul gus vjiti vzqit ug tiswodit esi: onqusv/iyqusv catopittit, i - dunnisdi tvusit muuloph vu iyqepf op Csebom, dummihi tvafipvt (tdoipvogod esvodmit piif vu ci vseptmevif opvu iphmotj), Opvispiv neslivist.

Cetodemmz, vji podji ot katv nefi aq ug qiuqmi vszoph vu iyqepf vjios catopitt op Csebom. Pux vji qsucmin ot: O fup'v lpux jux vu gopf vjuti qiuqmi (coh qsucmin mum) Cav o'mm ci up vji muul uav gus vjiti qiuqmi up gusant, epf nekus gsiimepdi xictovit.

Citv sihesft,
Vjoehu
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom