The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any ebay sellers on here?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This is my first time selling on eBay and it's a $1,000+ item...The item got sold in the middle of the night and this morning the buyer texted me off of eBay for my paypal info. I called ebay and they said that this raises red flags because there's no buyer protection.

In the reviews, I hear a lot of the repeating words "pleasant transaction" and "prompt payment"

In the back of my mind, this is raising red flags...

Anyone experienced selling on eBay feel the same thing? Any advice is appreciated!

My gut is saying not to deal with this person

upload_2016-8-25_8-8-10.png

upload_2016-8-25_8-9-0.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
This is my first time selling on eBay and it's a $1,000+ item...The item got sold in the middle of the night and this morning the buyer texted me off of eBay for my paypal info. I called ebay and they said that this raises red flags because there's no buyer protection.

In the reviews, I hear a lot of the repeating words "pleasant transaction" and "prompt payment"

In the back of my mind, this is raising red flags...

Anyone experienced selling on eBay feel the same thing? Any advice is appreciated!

My gut is saying not to deal with this person

View attachment 13051

View attachment 13052
Run away. 99% of the time if someone "pays" outside of eBay it is a scam. They will either send you a fake PayPal email that says you've received the payment when in fact you haven't, or use a compromised PayPal account. Call eBay back and report the buyer as trying to do the transaction outside of eBay (against eBay's TOS). Tell them you would like to cancel the order with this buyer who is not following eBay's policies.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks all - Told them I only pay through ebay and they came back saying they were having a problem with the payment there and insisted on my paypal address.

Told ebay about it and canceled the sale.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Yup i got hit with a bunch of the fake emails....its a fake thing saying they paid and to ship item for it to show in your paypal balance....

i always troll them :upyours: tell them you shipped it and it will be there soon..lol ..

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
That's broken English. Never do business with someone who says "Kindly confim me"...

It might as well read "This is Prince Hasim from Nigeria..."

Last edited:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I have an Ebay store and have experienced many, many situations with 'buyers'. That was definitely a scam. They should also never email you. All communication is through Ebay.

PM me if you need anything.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Yea you did the right thing. Ebay is full of scammers....and ebay doesnt seem to care all that much.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Yea you did the right thing. Ebay is full of scammers....and ebay doesnt seem to care all that much.

So true. I sold a relatively valuable item earlier this year, and almost immediately after the sale ended, I got an e-mail from another e-bay account asking me to ship the shoes to a different address since "they bought it with their husband's account, but really needed it to go to" a different address.

At first, I thought it might be legit, since I don't sell much on E-bay anymore and this had never happened to me.

I e-mailed the actual buyer just to make sure that they had not requested this, and then notified Ebay. They didn't do anything about the scammer's account - it is still active.

Apparently, people watch sales of hot high-ticket items and then wait for the sale to complete and then just message the seller right away to try to get the seller to ship to the wrong address. I would guess that they would then just sell the item themselves. It probably works sometimes.

I got soured on E-bay, since it seems that scammers are getting more creative every day :( I don't use it for my business anyway, but I would prefer Amazon if I did.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.