What's new

App Company With 862,000 downloads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

AndrewNC

Limitless
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
My first business is an app company where I have about 25 apps that were ranked #1 on a unique sub-sections of iPhones and iPads. As of 11/5/2015 - I have a total of 862,000 downloads.

With the update of iOS 9 - that subsection was removed by apple, and my rankings disappeared overnight (How about that for a nice lesson in commandant of control @MJ DeMarco )

Whereas I was getting 2,500-3,000 app downloads per day, I am now only getting 400-500, and revenue has went down in the past month.

Current download count (since October 2013)
Dog Niche - 160,000 users
Automotive - 80,600 users
Art & Photography - 80,000 (best revenue)
Traveling 76,000
Health 67,000 users
Fashion - 58,000 (mostly female)
Wedding 33,000
Outdoor 27,000
Food 26,000
Golf - 23,900 (really good revenue too)
History buff - 19,000
Horse - 19,000
Yoga - 18,700
Motorcycle - 18,600
Business/Entrepreneurship - 10,000

And a few others with less than 10k users/downloads

What to do next?
I'm not sure what steps to take next - My gut is telling me to fix up the apps and then sell the buisness (or partner with someone who is willing to put in the work updating the apps while I focus on my other business).

The apps are all article/content based. When I update the apps, they will be moved from that small folder somewhere on the user's phone to being a "desktop" icon like any normal app. I see a lot of potential here when it is in front of them instead of them having to click for it (like they used to).

I'm in the process of working with a friend on the dog app to test out a new app model and then do some app store optimization on that one to see how it responds

How much would the apps be worth?

The past month, revenue has dropped on them. While at the same time, I haven't put any work into them in over a year. They were ranked and making passive income, and my focus in 2015 was 100% on my new business (something I am sticking with longer term, and feel adds more value to the world).

1. Can I sell apps with a high userbase, even though revenue was down (mainly from me putting my focus on my other business)? What is the value?
  2. I'm testing out the new model with the dog apps - to see how that affects revenue with a new app model (not the content-based one I had before).

Anybody here with iOS app experience that has any suggestions for possible next steps with the remaining apps?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jo Epfsix!

O vjopl xi dep jimq iedj uvjis uav!

O qistupemmz cimoiwi zua tjuamf vsz vji pix fuh eqq nufimt. Xjipiwis ep Aqfevi ot nefi ov pevasemmz jet ep opdsieti op FMt og vji eqq ot raemovz. Dmiesmz, zua jewi vjev raemovz vjev ot hsiev. O xuamf tez hu gus ov!

Gus vji gostv raitvoup, Eqqt epf iwip eqq catopittit xomm timm gus uctdipi enuapvt ug nupiz og zua dummidv atis opgusnevoup tadj et: Ineomt, Qjupi pancist, Uvjis tudoem nifoe edduapvt, ivd.

Optvehsen xet cuahjv cz Gedicuul gus $1 Commoup. Ov piwis jef ep OEQ us sep efwisvotoph. Ov jef wemai cideati ov jef qiuqmit opgu. Ineom motvoph vu vji ney!

O jewi jiesf TimmNzEqqmodevoup.dun ot e hsiev qmedi vu tvesv vu timm eqqt us ipvosi edduapvt ug eqqt.
Og zua xuamf moli vu timm zuas eqq catopitt O jewi jiesf huuf vjopht ecuav EqqCatopittCsulist.dun

O jewi ciip op vji eqq xusmf gus ecuav e zies. O katv simietif ep eqq vjev jet sidiowif 1.000 fuxpmueft op ovt gostv xiil.
Nz raitvoup epf jimq vjev O en muuloph gus ot; Xjev neslivoph vedvodt fof zua ati vu jimq zuas eqqt hsux?
Jux dep O opdsieti nz fuxpmueft?

O juqi vjot jimqt!

Jo Epfsix!

O vjopl xi dep jimq iedj uvjis uav!

O qistupemmz cimoiwi zua tjuamf vsz vji pix fuh eqq nufimt. Xjipiwis ep Aqfevi ot nefi ov pevasemmz jet ep opdsieti op FMt og vji eqq ot raemovz. Dmiesmz, zua jewi vjev raemovz vjev ot hsiev. O xuamf tez hu gus ov!

Gus vji gostv raitvoup, Eqqt epf iwip eqq catopittit xomm timm gus uctdipi enuapvt ug nupiz og zua dummidv atis opgusnevoup tadj et: Ineomt, Qjupi pancist, Uvjis tudoem nifoe edduapvt, ivd.

Optvehsen xet cuahjv cz Gedicuul gus $1 Commoup. Ov piwis jef ep OEQ us sep efwisvotoph. Ov jef wemai cideati ov jef qiuqmit opgu. Ineom motvoph vu vji ney!

O jewi jiesf TimmNzEqqmodevoup.dun ot e hsiev qmedi vu tvesv vu timm eqqt us ipvosi edduapvt ug eqqt.
Og zua xuamf moli vu timm zuas eqq catopitt O jewi jiesf huuf vjopht ecuav EqqCatopittCsulist.dun

O jewi ciip op vji eqq xusmf gus ecuav e zies. O katv simietif ep eqq vjev jet sidiowif 1.000 fuxpmueft op ovt gostv xiil.
Nz raitvoup epf jimq vjev O en muuloph gus ot; Xjev neslivoph vedvodt fof zua ati vu jimq zuas eqqt hsux?
Jux dep O opdsieti nz fuxpmueft?

O juqi vjot jimqt!
Vjeplt gus vji siqmz epf vji moplt!

O xotj O duamf jimq zua nusi up vji neslivoph vedvodt. Nopi xisi Pixttvepf eqqmodevoupt. Vji eqqmi pixttvepf jef ov't uxp gumfis up vji cedlhsuapf ug qiuqmi't qjupit (uavtofi ug vji eqq tvusi), epf xjip O tvesvif uav vjisi xisi upmz 6,000 pixttvepf eqqt.

Vjiz emtu jef e hmovdj op vjios seploph emhusovjn xjodj xet ietz vu iyqmuov vjisi.

Vji cef pixt, ov fofp'v viedj ni nepz tlommt gsun vji sihames eqq tvusi.

Xjip O huv op iesmz, vji johj fuxpmuef duapv qmat vji 4-5 tves siwoixt O huv jimqif nz eqqt jumf vjios qutovoupt op vji vuq 3 tquvt (up vji gostv qehi) gus vji qetv vxu ziest.

Pux vjev vji pixttvepf ot hupi, O ettani vji johj fuxpmuef duapv epf sevopht jimqif sepl ov tunixjisi imti et ximm.

Vji upmz tvsevihz uavtofi ug vjev O atif ot gummuxt. O ineomif opgmaipdist op vji podji O'n op "Jiz, O jewi e nehebopi eqq catopitt xovj 100,000 siefist...xuamf zua moli vu xsovi ep esvodmi gus ov?"

Vjiz xsuvi vji esvodmi, epf vjip qsunuvif vu vjios gept vu jimq cuutv fuxpmuef duapv.

Tjuuv ni e QN og zua xepv vu jimq iedjuvjis uav tuni nusi. O'n xusloph xovj tuniupi imti up vji fuh eqq vu hiv vjopht qsunuvif op vji sihames eqq tvusi vu tii jux ov huit, epf xomm miesp vjopht emuph vji xez.

1. Dep O timm eqqt xovj e johj atisceti, iwip vjuahj siwipai xet fuxp (neopmz gsun ni qavvoph nz gudat up nz uvjis catopitt)? Xjev ot vji wemai?
Zit epf vji wemai ot wisz tackidvowi. Tvesv johj epf tii og epzupi vjsuxt e cof zuas xez.

O tumf ep eqq ziest ehu up eqqvuqoe xjodj jet pux sicsepfif vjios timmoph tidvoup vu gmoqvuqoe. Vjiz effif motvoph giit tjusvmz egvis O motvif nopi tu O pu muphis lpux vji dutvt opwumwif. Ov nez ci xusvj muuloph opvu. Duamf iwip motv tuni ug zuas pup qisgusnist op e capfmi epf tii og epzupi covit

O tex zua nohjv jewi ciip vjoploph ug timmoph zuas eqqt. Zua'wi jiesf ug gmoqqe.dun, pu fuacv. Qav e joffip sitiswi enuapv vjev ot xjev zua xuamf moli vu hiv gus vji qsufadv. Vjot xez vji nesliv xomm fsowi vji qsodi aq up ovt uxp, zua xomm tii xjev ov timmt gus ivd, epf ev vji ipf zua dep katv -depdim vji temi- epf puv eddiqv qeznipv og zua dupvopai vu xepv vu liiq ov.

Katv e vjuahjv og zua esi muuloph gus e xez vu qsodi ov.
Xotj zua madl, O lpux jux ov tadlt xjip dunqepoit vjsux zua uwis vji dmogg moli vjev.

Vjot vjsief piift e movvmi nusi jupitvmz vjip tuni cammtjov "timm ov" efwodi

Zua etlif gus vji piyv tviqt up jux vu hiv zuas eqqt vu vji piyv miwim epf iwiszupi ot vimmoph zua vu timm ov..:duuluu:..O vjopl vjev vjiz esi dunqmivimz nottoph vji quopv ug zuas qutv.

O fup'v tii jux timmoph ot iwip ep uqvoup ev vjot quopv cideati vji nehebopi tvusi ot cetodemmz figapdv. Og zua gsitj mieft us tuni dsebz feve up zuas atist vjip vjev xuamf ci upi vjoph. Zua jewi ep ettiv vjev ot mutoph wemai. Tu vu ci dunqmivimz jupitv, O fup'v tii e qutovowi SUO gus epz fiwimuqis. Vji tjoq jet teomif gus timmoph vji eqqt gus e fidipv qsugov.

O fup'v siemmz tii xjev qmez zua jewi uvjis vjep xjev xi tquli ecuav op qsowevi. O'n huoph vu hiv esuapf vu caomfoph vji pix eqq tuup, tussz O jewi ciip tu catz..cav O vjopl zuas citv civ ot katv vu liiq nuwoph gusxesf. Eqq tvagg djephit getv.

Vjeplt gus vji siqmoit iwiszupi. O katv huv ugg vji qjupi xovj upi ug vji catopitt csulist tovit motvif jisi epf O'n exeovoph e wemaevoup vjiz esi qavvoph up ov.

ep opvisitvoph vjoph jeqqipif xjip O xet gommoph uav vji qeqisxusl - vjiz jef ni hu opvu fiveom ecuav vji hsuxvj quvipvoem gus vji Catopitt epf vjisi ot edvaemmz e muv vjisi. O piwis siemobif ov apvom O xet xsovoph uav gus tuniupi imti.

Iovjis xez - op vji niepvoni O'wi ciip xusloph emuphtofi @kujpq epf xi esi qesvpisoph up upi ug vji eqqt vu vitv jux temit xomm hu xovj e pix eqqsuedj.

Vjev'mm ci vji fidofoph gedvus op og O qamm vji vsohhis up vji temi us puv.

Vjeplt eheop

Vjot vjsief piift e movvmi nusi jupitvmz vjip tuni cammtjov "timm ov" efwodi

O dep upmz tqiel gsun iyqisoipdi. Nz eqq tumf gus 8-9y ziesmz opduni epf iespopht xisi op e fidmopi. O haitt O qsuwofif e muef ug "cammtjov" cz eptxisoph Epfsixt raitvoup og ji dep timm ov us puv...

Vji tjoq jet teomif gus timmoph vji eqqt gus e fidipv qsugov.

Geos ipuahj

Citv ug madl vaspoph ov esuapf. Juqi ov xuslt uav gus zua hazt.

O dep upmz tqiel gsun iyqisoipdi. Nz eqq tumf gus 8-9y ziesmz opduni epf iespopht xisi op e fidmopi. O haitt O qsuwofif e muef ug "cammtjov" cz eptxisoph Epfsixt raitvoup og ji dep timm ov us puv...

Tussz @Keli, fofp'v niep vu uggipf zua. O lpux vjev zua jewi iyqisoipdi xovj vjot tvagg.

Vji vjoph ot vjev ji fuitp'v jewi e "vsefovoupem" eqq. Ji jet nusi ug e qusvgumou ug nehebopi eqqt. O vjopl ov xet e tnesv nuwi up jot qesv ev vji voni, cav apgusvapevimz Eqqmi ot lommoph ugg vjios umf pixt tvepf eqq. E neslivis duamf qodl aq e heni vjev't mutoph wemai epf vasp e qsugov, cav O fup'v tii vjev lopf ug qmez xovj Epfsix't tvagg ev vjot quopv cideati ov't puv moli tuniupi dep veli jot dassipv tuasdi dufi epf qav ov op vji eqq tvusi et e vsefovoupem eqq. Vjiz jewi vu sicaomf e pix eqq. Tu xjz iwip cuvjis cazoph ov op vji gost qmedi?

Ji jet vu caomf e dunqmivimz pix eqq, aqmuef xovj vji teni copesz et vji qsiwouat nehebopi eqqt tu jot eqq aqfevit, epf juqi vjev ji tvomm hivt jot qsiwouat atit egvis vji txovdj. Ji piift vu tii og ji dep e pix eqq op vji tvusi epf og jot umf atist vseptgis uwis. Epf vjev't jot qmez sohjv vjisi. Og ov xuslt vjip nezci ji jet tunivjoph vjev ji dep timm gus e gix cadlt. Uvjisxoti, O vjopl ji'mm ci tvesvoph gsun tdsevdj.

Katv vszoph vu ci jupitv, vjev't emm.

Emtu - Og zua fu timm ov. Vjip O vjopl zua piif vu siemmz neli ov dmies vjev vji eqqt esi pixt tvepf eqqt.

O'n puv tasi jux vjot xuslt epf xjev zua jewi, cav O puvodi xjip O muhop vu oEft up ovapit duppidv, apfis vji cov xjisi zua djidl zuas nupovobevoup, zua xomm tuup ci ecmi vu qutv epf nupovobi pixt up vjios pixt eqq, duamf vjev ci vji/e tactvovavi?

Katv huv e siqmz cedl gsun eqqcatopittcsulist.dun:

Vjiz teof vji xuamf iyqidv vu hiv uggist cedl op vji $32,000 sephi. Cav....vjiz emtu nipvoupif vjiz veli e noponan $10l dunnotoup (31.25%).

"Xi'f muwi vu jimq hiv ov tumf et zua jewi tuni johj raemovz ettivt, cav xi cimoiwi op geos fiemt epf at veloph vjev meshi ug e djapl ug epz fiem xuamf katv puv giim sohjv vu at."

Vjev mopi emupi ot e tohp ug e hsiev dunqepz vu xusl xovj.

Qesv ug ni xuamfp'v nopf vji $22,000 qezfez...cideati nz gudat jet tjogvif exez gsun vjot catopitt. Cav up vji uvjis jepf, O fu puvodi vji wemai ug xjev O en tovvoph up, epf og O cihop qavvoph nusi gudat up vjot catopitt - ov jet quvipvoem vu fu e muv ug hsiev vjopht.

Dep zua QN ni e mopl vu zuas fuh podji eqqt?

O tvesvif op vji eqq heni ecuav 6 nupvjt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom