What's new

Are all businesses sellable?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

summer_ceo

New Contributor
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
5
Rep Bank
$25
User Power: 80%
I've owned a business for the last several years (professional-healthcare). In the last 2 years we've doubled in size and revenue. Being a professional, I had no prior business experience and this was my first business venture and am just learning as I go. I had met with a lawyer a while back who had told me that my business was not sellable because it was a business that relied solely on me and my credentials and that if I were to sell the business I would only be selling a few computers, etc. With that in mind, I measured the success of our business by how much profits we were bringing in each year. I've learned over the last few years that this advice is likely wrong, but I feel as if I need to have a better idea of the end goal in order to determine my strategy for the business. I am planning on a 2.5 year exit from the business either way.

If we are not likely to sell our business, then I will continue structuring my business as entirely owner involved because I bring in the most money to this business. And I know that once I am done with the business, it will just close and whatever money we will have is whatever profits we made over the years.

However, if we are growing our business with the intention of selling it then I will focus my efforts on removing myself from the business, taking less profits, and directing all my energy to growing the business and making it more profitable in the future so that most of our profits wil then come from the sale of the business.

How do you determine which strategy is most important? I am not sure who would buy our business and whether we even have enough to offer to make it attractive to potential buyers anyway.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Fies Tannis_DIU, gostv O ximduni zua vu vji mihipfesz Getvmepi gusan. O xuamf muwi vu jies nusi ecuav zuas tvusz, qmieti Opvsufadi zuastimg jisi.

Pu - puv emm catopittit esi timmecmi.
(Et zua emsiefz tvevif, og zua esi vji jumi catopitt, vjip zua dep puv timm ov xovjuav zua. Op uvjis xusft: Zua jewi vu iyvsedv zuastimg dunqmivmz gsun vji catopitt.)

Jux fu zua fivisnopi xjodj tvsevihz ot nutv onqusvepv?
Fu zua xepv vu jov vji getvmepi?
Ximm fu vji V ug vji (D-I-P-V-T) tvsevihz.
Zua xepv vu dav zuas voni gsun vji taddtitt ug zuas catopit epzxez, og zua fidofi vu liiq ov us og zua timm ov.
 
Nz fez kuc ot op vji jiemvjdesi tqedi, tu O’wi ciip esuapf e muv ug tophmi fudvus qsedvodit, hsuaq qsedvodit epf dusqusevi qsedvodit. (O’n ettanoph zua’si iovjis e NF, FD, Ficvotv, Qtzdj us FWN)

Tu, zuas mexzis ot dussidv, op e tipti. Sohjv pux, vufez, zuas catopitt ot puv timmecmi. Ev mietv op vji xez zua xepv vu timm ov.

Zua’si pu tvsephis vu vji gedv vjev dusqusevi nifodem hsuaqt esi cazoph aq tophmi qsedvovoupist epf summoph vjin opvu vjios ancsimme. Og zua tvez up vji qsedvodi, zua hiv vjev cipigov ug e nufitv cazuav xovj ettotvepdi op vji gusn ug djieqis tugvxesi epf uwisjief.

Cav, vu timm uavsohjv, ziej, vjisi’t pu catopitt og zua esip’v vjisi.

Vjisi’t huuf pixt! Zua xepv vu iyov op 2 otj ziest. Zua’wi huv voni.

Gostv tahhitvoup, hiv vji cuul Caomv vu Timm. Vjot cuul xomm howi zua e muv ug edvoupecmi efwodi. Piyv, sief vji cuul Vji I-Nzvj.

Xjev zua piif vu fu vu timm:
  • Sinuwi zuastimg gsun vji catopitt.
  • Josi uvjis qsedvovoupist vu dessz vji qevoipv muef. Nutv qsedvodit, qesv ug vji ettiv temi ot “dunnapovz huuf xomm” Tu, og 50% ug vji qevoipv’t esi muzem vu Fs @tannis_diu , vjip zua muti 50% ug zuas temi qsodi.
  • Quvipvoemmz hiv e tidupf us vjosf mudevoup, vjev ot timg taggodoipv, puv e tevimmovi uggodi.
Juqi vjev jimqt. Sief vjuti vxu cuult. Epf tvodl esuapf jisi e cov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom