Has anyone read Grunch Of Giants by Buckminster Fuller?
It is basically about how the biggest corporations in the world have shafted all of us. These corporations have found a resource that everyone needs, placed a monopoly on the resource it's self through the corrupt legal system, and artificially restrict the production/distribution of the resource. Thus, creating what I have come to call: Artificial Scarcity.
I have allowed my mind to entertain this idea for the past week and every conclusion I have come to is that everything we accept as truth having to do with our economy is typically a fraud.
The built in demand for immediate currency. The idea of lack. The fear of monetary failure. Hell even poverty it's self. I mean, yes, poverty is very real, but it does not have to be that way.
I mean, what I am seeing now is that all of this stuff is just socially engineered into the system. :smx4:
What is it that we are doing wrong as human beings to allow this to persist? Why are the rest of us accepting this form of artificial scarcity so .001 percent of us can enjoy everything the world has to offer??
I do support the accumulation of currency in the pursuit of goods/services to better living standards, but I am starting to think that there is something VERY wrong going on when the economy at large is an illusion. :smug2:
Anyway, it's a very liberating feeling knowing that most of all these beliefs of scarcity may indeed be false.
It is basically about how the biggest corporations in the world have shafted all of us. These corporations have found a resource that everyone needs, placed a monopoly on the resource it's self through the corrupt legal system, and artificially restrict the production/distribution of the resource. Thus, creating what I have come to call: Artificial Scarcity.
I have allowed my mind to entertain this idea for the past week and every conclusion I have come to is that everything we accept as truth having to do with our economy is typically a fraud.
The built in demand for immediate currency. The idea of lack. The fear of monetary failure. Hell even poverty it's self. I mean, yes, poverty is very real, but it does not have to be that way.
I mean, what I am seeing now is that all of this stuff is just socially engineered into the system. :smx4:
What is it that we are doing wrong as human beings to allow this to persist? Why are the rest of us accepting this form of artificial scarcity so .001 percent of us can enjoy everything the world has to offer??
I do support the accumulation of currency in the pursuit of goods/services to better living standards, but I am starting to think that there is something VERY wrong going on when the economy at large is an illusion. :smug2:
Anyway, it's a very liberating feeling knowing that most of all these beliefs of scarcity may indeed be false.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
