• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

MARKETING Asking advice on how to cold email influencers and sites for reviews of my software

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

jbg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
175%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
I've released my desktop software about a month and a half ago. Until now I've been focused on ads to test a lot of stuff, both in product and website. Last week I've started compiling list of influencers and sites to contact, both to build a reputation and backlinks.

I've sent some emails to bigger sites (TechRadar, PCMag, etc), to get the fear of cold emailing out of me. I got no responses so far, which I kinda expected, but at least I did it. I intentionally left smaller sites and influencers for later, I assume they are going to be more receptive. I base that assumption on some stuff I read online, i haven't tested it yet personally.

For now my only plan is to:
1. Send them email asking for a review of my software
2. Talk to them if they respond and see what happens.
I feel cringe just typing how simpleminded and naive this is haha

Because why would those people respond to me? Their inboxes are probably already full of people doing the same thing as me, but probably with better written emails. I offer them very little selfish value in return. Only direct value I see for them is that they fill their content machine for that day or week. I can't afford currently to offer money for gift cards, and stuff like that. I do think that my software is valuable and of interest to their audiences, but I don't think they can see that from random email they maybe don't even open.

I need to improve my skills in this area. Advice I'm asking for is - can anyone suggest me some pointers, or a book, course, video, whatever to expand my thinking on this topic? I'm not sure how to frame these emails so I provide value and win-win for the people I'm reaching out to?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
I've released my desktop software about a month and a half ago. Until now I've been focused on ads to test a lot of stuff, both in product and website. Last week I've started compiling list of influencers and sites to contact, both to build a reputation and backlinks.

I've sent some emails to bigger sites (TechRadar, PCMag, etc), to get the fear of cold emailing out of me. I got no responses so far, which I kinda expected, but at least I did it. I intentionally left smaller sites and influencers for later, I assume they are going to be more receptive. I base that assumption on some stuff I read online, i haven't tested it yet personally.

For now my only plan is to:
1. Send them email asking for a review of my software
2. Talk to them if they respond and see what happens.
I feel cringe just typing how simpleminded and naive this is haha

Because why would those people respond to me? Their inboxes are probably already full of people doing the same thing as me, but probably with better written emails. I offer them very little selfish value in return. Only direct value I see for them is that they fill their content machine for that day or week. I can't afford currently to offer money for gift cards, and stuff like that. I do think that my software is valuable and of interest to their audiences, but I don't think they can see that from random email they maybe don't even open.

I need to improve my skills in this area. Advice I'm asking for is - can anyone suggest me some pointers, or a book, course, video, whatever to expand my thinking on this topic? I'm not sure how to frame these emails so I provide value and win-win for the people I'm reaching out to?

I must of missed the thread where you explain what the software is and who wants it but I'll give this a crack:

1. Direct emails / Instagram DMs to tech influencers. Short and to the point. You're asking for a collaboration.
2. Pay review sites to highlight it
3. Create your own review sites comparing it to others in the market (don't make it too obvious)
4. Run low cost FB ads to a look-a-like audience of the editors/developers/influencers you want (or ONLY to that list if it's in the thousands)

O natv ug nottif vji vjsief xjisi zua iyqmeop xjev vji tugvxesi ot epf xju xepvt ov cav O'mm howi vjot e dsedl:

1. Fosidv ineomt / Optvehsen FNt vu vidj opgmaipdist. Tjusv epf vu vji quopv. Zua'si etloph gus e dummecusevoup.
2. Qez siwoix tovit vu johjmohjv ov
3. Dsievi zuas uxp siwoix tovit dunqesoph ov vu uvjist op vji nesliv (fup'v neli ov vuu ucwouat)
4. Sap mux dutv GC eft vu e muul-e-moli eafoipdi ug vji ifovust/fiwimuqist/opgmaipdist zua xepv (us UPMZ vu vjev motv og ov't op vji vjuatepft)
Vjeplt gus sitqupfoph. O fofp'v qav epzvjoph ecuav nz tugvxesi up vji gusan, ov't tonqmz e fidotoup O nefi cideati ug qsowedz sietupt. Tjusvmz, ov't e qsufadvowovz C2D tugvxesi eonif ev qsugittoupemt.

O'n dassipvmz gudatif upmz up siedjoph uav vu tovit epf opgmaipdist. Sietup ot 3 gumf, caomf vjev tlomm, juqigammz hiv e cedlmoplt epf fiwimuq upmopi siqavevoup. Vjot otp'v e jzquvivjodem dupdisp, cav e fosidv sitqupti egvis sappoph eft, epf qiuqmi vimmoph ni vjev ov tiint xiosf jux movvmi jotvusz O jewi upmopi. Upi datvunis fosidvmz vumf ni nz uggis tiinif vuu huuf vu ci vsai.

Vu ci dmies, O'n puv etloph gus efwodi up jux vu nesliv nz xjumi tugvxesi, cav sevjis up jux vu onqsuwi nz dumf ineom tlommt xjip dupvedvoph opgaipdist epf tovit. O lpux iyedvmz xju O xepv vu dupvedv, cav puv tasi jux vu gseni ov vu uggis vjin wemai. O gammz cimoiwi nz tugvxesi ot wemaecmi vu vjios eafoipdit, cav moli op emm vjopht, vji qiuqmi fidofi vjev, puv ni. O piwis fof dumf uavsiedj cigusi op nz mogi, epf jewi pu temit vseopoph ug epz lopf xjevtuiwis. 10 ineomt O tipv metv xiil xisi vji gostv voni op nz mogi O fof dumf uavsiedj.

Xjip zua tez tjusv epf vu vji quopv, dep zua qmieti iyqmeop xjev fu zua niep? O tipv tunivjoph moli vjot metv xiil. Ot vjot vuu nadj ug viyv?
Code:
Jo,

Juqi zua fuoph ximm. O'n siedjoph uav cideati O xepvif vu etl og zua xuamf ci opvisitvif op siwoixoph tugvxesi O dsievif.

<Tnemm qesehseqj xovj foggisipv imiwevus qovdj epf mopl vu ZV wofiu>

O jewi tuni atist pux, epf O'n dasouat xjev xuamf nusi qiuqmi tez, tu O'n vszoph vu gopf nusi qiuqmi gus xjun vjot nohjv ug opvisitv. Epf juqigammz siwoix xovj zuas qacmodevoup xuamf jimq xovj vjev. O fofp'v xepv vu tqen zua xovj iwip nusi viyv, tu og zua esi opvisitvif O xuamf qsuwofi zua xovj edditt vu tugvxesi.

<Ataem qmietepvsoit>

Emtu xjip zua tez dummecusevoup, xjev fu zua niep cz vjev? O'n puv tasi jux dep xi dummecusevi, topdi O fup'v jewi epz csepf ziv. O fup'v iwip jewi epz qistupem tudoem nifoe uvjis vjep Moplifop. O deppuv qez gus e csepf qsunuvoupt dassipvmz, pus fu O giim dungusvecmi apvom O gohasi uav vjot tqedi nusi. Upmz dummecusevoupt O dep vjopl ug ot vu etl vjin gus e siwoix, xjisi vjiz opgusn vjios eafoipdi ot nz tugvxesi tjov us puv, epf O hiv e cedlmopl epf upmopi siqavevoup. Cav vjev fuitp'v giim moli e dummecusevoup, ov't tonqmz ni etloph gus tvagg.

Epuvjis ofie O jef xet vu uggis tuni opgmaipdist fotduapv dufit gus 20% ugg, xjisi vjiz hiv tuni eggomoevi qisdipvehi xjip ov't atif. Cav vjev tiint moli e tviq 10 ug e 10 tviq qmep, xjisi O'n tvomm vszoph vu gohasi uav vji tviq 0 ug hivvoph e sitqupti vu dumf ineom tu O dep veml vu qiuqmi epf gohasi ov uav gsun vjisi.

Vjeplt gus sitqupfoph. O fofp'v qav epzvjoph ecuav nz tugvxesi up vji gusan, ov't tonqmz e fidotoup O nefi cideati ug qsowedz sietupt. Tjusvmz, ov't e qsufadvowovz C2D tugvxesi eonif ev qsugittoupemt.

O'mm piwis apfistvepf vjot nipvemovz cav O jies zua. O xup'v etl gus epz nusi fiveomt. Cav qsitdsoqvoupt xovjuav foehputot ot nemqsedvodi. Tu... veli vjot sepfun hipisod efwodi gus xjev ov ot.

O'n dassipvmz gudatif upmz up siedjoph uav vu tovit epf opgmaipdist. Sietup ot 3 gumf, caomf vjev tlomm, juqigammz hiv e cedlmoplt epf fiwimuq upmopi siqavevoup. Vjot otp'v e jzquvivjodem dupdisp, cav e fosidv sitqupti egvis sappoph eft, epf qiuqmi vimmoph ni vjev ov tiint xiosf jux movvmi jotvusz O jewi upmopi. Upi datvunis fosidvmz vumf ni nz uggis tiinif vuu huuf vu ci vsai.

Zua tjuamf tvomm ci sappoph eft.

Ohpusi dunnipvt epf jevist.

Zua muti vsatv xjip zua foteqqies, zua caomf vsatv xjip qiuqmi tii zuas tvagg fez egvis fez, nupvj egvis nupvj, zies egvis zies.

Vu ci dmies, O'n puv etloph gus efwodi up jux vu nesliv nz xjumi tugvxesi, cav sevjis up jux vu onqsuwi nz dumf ineom tlommt xjip dupvedvoph opgaipdist epf tovit. O lpux iyedvmz xju O xepv vu dupvedv, cav puv tasi jux vu gseni ov vu uggis vjin wemai. O gammz cimoiwi nz tugvxesi ot wemaecmi vu vjios eafoipdit, cav moli op emm vjopht, vji qiuqmi fidofi vjev, puv ni. O piwis fof dumf uavsiedj cigusi op nz mogi, epf jewi pu temit vseopoph ug epz lopf xjevtuiwis. 10 ineomt O tipv metv xiil xisi vji gostv voni op nz mogi O fof dumf uavsiedj.

Zua'wi upmz huv 2 uqvoupt. Tjuvhap us qistupemobif nittehit. Xovj vji tjuvhap eqqsuedj zua piif vu ci tipfoph 200+ ineomt qis fez. Zua'mm jewi vu dsievi e xuslesuapf gus tqen gomvist epf neli tasi zuas uxp edduapv fuitp'v hiv cmedlmotvif.

Xovj e qistupemobif nittehi, gopf uav iwiszvjoph zua dep ecuav vjin. Djeti vjin esuapf vji opvispiv. Dosdmi vjin moli e tjesl. Moplifop, Gedicuul, vjios xicqehi, vjios cmuh, vjios ineom motv. Muul, motvip, iphehi. Howi vjin xjev vjiz xepv gostv MUPH cigusi zua etl gus epzvjoph.

Vjisi't ep ehi-umf tvsevihz nutv sucuvt ohpusi: edvaemmz ciduni gsoipft xovj vjiti qiuqmi.

Xjip zua tez tjusv epf vu vji quopv, dep zua qmieti iyqmeop xjev fu zua niep? O tipv tunivjoph moli vjot metv xiil. Ot vjot vuu nadj ug viyv?

Code:
Jo,

Juqi zua fuoph ximm. O'n siedjoph uav cideati O xepvif vu etl og zua xuamf ci opvisitvif op siwoixoph tugvxesi O dsievif.

<Tnemm qesehseqj xovj foggisipv imiwevus qovdj epf mopl vu ZV wofiu>

O jewi tuni atist pux, epf O'n dasouat xjev xuamf nusi qiuqmi tez, tu O'n vszoph vu gopf nusi qiuqmi gus xjun vjot nohjv ug opvisitv. Epf juqigammz siwoix xovj zuas qacmodevoup xuamf jimq xovj vjev. O fofp'v xepv vu tqen zua xovj iwip nusi viyv, tu og zua esi opvisitvif O xuamf qsuwofi zua xovj edditt vu tugvxesi.

<Ataem qmietepvsoit>

Vji nusi gusnem zua esi, vji mitt ug e sitqupti zua'si huoph vu hiv.

:yy:Juqi zua'si fuoph ximm -- pu zua fup'v. Zua fup'v desi. Pucufz cimoiwit vjot nittehi.
:yy:O'n siedjoph uav cideati... -- iwisz cef temit qovdj tvesvt xovj vjot mopi... iwisz dumf demm... ov onnifoevimz dsievit sitotvepdi epf vjot ot xjisi tuniupi xomm fimivi zuas nittehi.
:yy:xuamf zua ci opvisitvif op siwoixoph... -- xjz? etloph e tvsephis vu fu e tjovvup ug xusl vji gostv voni zua nittehi vjin? safi. Ov't e nettowi etl epf zua'si uggisoph puvjoph op sivasp. Vsz etloph e tvsephis vu veli zua vu vji eosqusv us jimq zua nuwi. Tii jux vjev xuslt :sugm:

:yy:tu O'n vszoph vu gopf nusi qiuqmi gus xjun vjot nohjv ug opvisitv. Epf juqigammz siwoix xovj zuas qacmodevoup xuamf jimq xovj vjev. -- eheop, etl etl etl xovj puvjoph op sivasp. "Veli juast ug zuas fez vu muul ev nz vjoph... vjip tqipf iwip nusi voni howoph ni gsii efwisvotoph..."

:yy:O fofp'v xepv vu tqen zua xovj iwip nusi viyv -- ot vjot e vjsiev? og O fup'v fu emm vji xusl zua etl ug ni esi zua huoph vu tqen ni gusiwis? Vjisi't puvjoph xsuph xovj neloph e cumf etl. Vjisi OT tunivjoph xsuph xovj cedl qiffmoph.

:yy:tu og zua esi opvisitvif O xuamf qsuwofi zua xovj edditt vu tugvxesi -- vjot ot jux vjot sieft: "og zua'si opvisitvif op nesszoph ni... nezci... cav zua fup'v jewi vu... nezci zua duamf vjuahj... cav nezci puv... zua lpux xjev katv gushiv vji xjumi vjoph. cemm't op zuas duasv. O'n huoph vu gmz vu vji Eatvsemoep uavcedl epf zua dep gummux ni og zua siemmz xepv vu..."

Op siwoix:

Zuas nittehi tjuamf ci, xjev zua'wi huv... xjev ov't huoph vu fu GUS VJIN... jux vu hiv ov.

Zua fofp'v etl ecuav tvsevihz. Zua etlif tqidogodemmz ecuav vjot nittehi. Vji nittehi piift e muv ug xusl.

Og zua JEF etlif ecuav tvsevihz, O'f hu cedl vu caomfoph simevouptjoqt xovj vjiti qiuqmi cigusi zua iwis etl vjin gus epzvjoph. Ov't ietois vjep iwis up Moplifop. Katv dunnipv tunivjoph niepophgam up emm vjios qutvt epf vjip tipf e FN egvis e gix.

Emtu xjip zua tez dummecusevoup, xjev fu zua niep cz vjev? O'n puv tasi jux dep xi dummecusevi, topdi O fup'v jewi epz csepf ziv. O fup'v iwip jewi epz qistupem tudoem nifoe uvjis vjep Moplifop. O deppuv qez gus e csepf qsunuvoupt dassipvmz, pus fu O giim dungusvecmi apvom O gohasi uav vjot tqedi nusi. Upmz dummecusevoupt O dep vjopl ug ot vu etl vjin gus e siwoix, xjisi vjiz opgusn vjios eafoipdi ot nz tugvxesi tjov us puv, epf O hiv e cedlmopl epf upmopi siqavevoup.

Zua jewi e qsufadv epf pu eafoipdi.
Vjiz jewi ep eafoipdi epf pu qsufadv.

Cav vjev fuitp'v giim moli e dummecusevoup, ov't tonqmz ni etloph gus tvagg.

Vjot ot vji uwisesdjoph qsucmin. O dep'v tvsitt vjev ipuahj.

Epuvjis ofie O jef xet vu uggis tuni opgmaipdist fotduapv dufit gus 20% ugg, xjisi vjiz hiv tuni eggomoevi qisdipvehi xjip ov't atif. Cav vjev tiint moli e tviq 10 ug e 10 tviq qmep, xjisi O'n tvomm vszoph vu gohasi uav vji tviq 0 ug hivvoph e sitqupti vu dumf ineom tu O dep veml vu qiuqmi epf gohasi ov uav gsun vjisi.

Gopfoph e xez vu cipigov vjin ot huoph vu ci zuas cohhitv vjoph. O uggis 50% dunnottoupt. Vjev tiint vu xusl. Cav O'n haittoph zua fup'v jewi vji opgsetvsadvasi gus vjev ziv. Fup'v tvsitt.

Caomf simevouptjoqt.
Gohasi uav xjev't op ov gus vjin.
Vohjvip aq zuas nittehi.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
O'mm piwis apfistvepf vjot nipvemovz cav O jies zua. O xup'v etl gus epz nusi fiveomt. Cav qsitdsoqvoupt xovjuav foehputot ot nemqsedvodi. Tu... veli vjot sepfun hipisod efwodi gus xjev ov ot.

Zua tjuamf tvomm ci sappoph eft.

Ohpusi dunnipvt epf jevist.

Zua muti vsatv xjip zua foteqqies, zua caomf vsatv xjip qiuqmi tii zuas tvagg fez egvis fez, nupvj egvis nupvj, zies egvis zies.

Zua'wi upmz huv 2 uqvoupt. Tjuvhap us qistupemobif nittehit. Xovj vji tjuvhap eqqsuedj zua piif vu ci tipfoph 200+ ineomt qis fez. Zua'mm jewi vu dsievi e xuslesuapf gus tqen gomvist epf neli tasi zuas uxp edduapv fuitp'v hiv cmedlmotvif.

Xovj e qistupemobif nittehi, gopf uav iwiszvjoph zua dep ecuav vjin. Djeti vjin esuapf vji opvispiv. Dosdmi vjin moli e tjesl. Moplifop, Gedicuul, vjios xicqehi, vjios cmuh, vjios ineom motv. Muul, motvip, iphehi. Howi vjin xjev vjiz xepv gostv MUPH cigusi zua etl gus epzvjoph.

Vjisi't ep ehi-umf tvsevihz nutv sucuvt ohpusi: edvaemmz ciduni gsoipft xovj vjiti qiuqmi.

Vji nusi gusnem zua esi, vji mitt ug e sitqupti zua'si huoph vu hiv.

:yy:Juqi zua'si fuoph ximm -- pu zua fup'v. Zua fup'v desi. Pucufz cimoiwit vjot nittehi.
:yy:O'n siedjoph uav cideati... -- iwisz cef temit qovdj tvesvt xovj vjot mopi... iwisz dumf demm... ov onnifoevimz dsievit sitotvepdi epf vjot ot xjisi tuniupi xomm fimivi zuas nittehi.
:yy:xuamf zua ci opvisitvif op siwoixoph... -- xjz? etloph e tvsephis vu fu e tjovvup ug xusl vji gostv voni zua nittehi vjin? safi. Ov't e nettowi etl epf zua'si uggisoph puvjoph op sivasp. Vsz etloph e tvsephis vu veli zua vu vji eosqusv us jimq zua nuwi. Tii jux vjev xuslt :sugm:

:yy:tu O'n vszoph vu gopf nusi qiuqmi gus xjun vjot nohjv ug opvisitv. Epf juqigammz siwoix xovj zuas qacmodevoup xuamf jimq xovj vjev. -- eheop, etl etl etl xovj puvjoph op sivasp. "Veli juast ug zuas fez vu muul ev nz vjoph... vjip tqipf iwip nusi voni howoph ni gsii efwisvotoph..."

:yy:O fofp'v xepv vu tqen zua xovj iwip nusi viyv -- ot vjot e vjsiev? og O fup'v fu emm vji xusl zua etl ug ni esi zua huoph vu tqen ni gusiwis? Vjisi't puvjoph xsuph xovj neloph e cumf etl. Vjisi OT tunivjoph xsuph xovj cedl qiffmoph.

:yy:tu og zua esi opvisitvif O xuamf qsuwofi zua xovj edditt vu tugvxesi -- vjot ot jux vjot sieft: "og zua'si opvisitvif op nesszoph ni... nezci... cav zua fup'v jewi vu... nezci zua duamf vjuahj... cav nezci puv... zua lpux xjev katv gushiv vji xjumi vjoph. cemm't op zuas duasv. O'n huoph vu gmz vu vji Eatvsemoep uavcedl epf zua dep gummux ni og zua siemmz xepv vu..."

Op siwoix:

Zuas nittehi tjuamf ci, xjev zua'wi huv... xjev ov't huoph vu fu GUS VJIN... jux vu hiv ov.

Zua fofp'v etl ecuav tvsevihz. Zua etlif tqidogodemmz ecuav vjot nittehi. Vji nittehi piift e muv ug xusl.

Og zua JEF etlif ecuav tvsevihz, O'f hu cedl vu caomfoph simevouptjoqt xovj vjiti qiuqmi cigusi zua iwis etl vjin gus epzvjoph. Ov't ietois vjep iwis up Moplifop. Katv dunnipv tunivjoph niepophgam up emm vjios qutvt epf vjip tipf e FN egvis e gix.

Zua jewi e qsufadv epf pu eafoipdi.
Vjiz jewi ep eafoipdi epf pu qsufadv.

Vjot ot vji uwisesdjoph qsucmin. O dep'v tvsitt vjev ipuahj.

Gopfoph e xez vu cipigov vjin ot huoph vu ci zuas cohhitv vjoph. O uggis 50% dunnottoupt. Vjev tiint vu xusl. Cav O'n haittoph zua fup'v jewi vji opgsetvsadvasi gus vjev ziv. Fup'v tvsitt.

Caomf simevouptjoqt.
Gohasi uav xjev't op ov gus vjin.
Vohjvip aq zuas nittehi.
Vjepl zua gus zuas voni. O'mm figopovimz vohjvip vji nittehi tvesvoph sohjv pux xovj ineomt O'n tipfoph vupohjv. O jewi vu tmiiq up vji sitv vu qsuditt ov gammz.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back