• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

MARKETING Automating LinkedIn cold outreach & lead generation

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Librarian4869

Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
157%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hi all!

(thought I would write about this, my process up until now & the tools/ info I have found on the forum - as I'm not a marketer - this might be interesting for anyone who isn't either. I run a Creative Production Company - we produce big advertising campaigns - creative direction, photography, film, cgi. That kind of thing - the creative side of marketing, which is different to digital marketing & numbers I would say)

Up until now I have done things manually but it's extremely time-consuming & hard to say if it's working or not. Here's the way I have worked:

- I use LinkedIn to search for the right people/ companies.
- I connect with the people who I believe to be decision makers in the company.
- Once they accepted my invitation to connect, I send them a very short e-mail, telling them it's great to connect & explaining what we do, how we can help. It's very rare to get a response at this stage. I like to connect on LinkedIn first, so I don't come across as completely foreign. It's also a great opportunity to find out what they're up, if they've got promoted recently or not. If they have been - it's a great icebreaker for a quick e-mail.
- Some time passes - generally no responses - but an increase in traffic to our website. Sometimes I get a responses thanking me but saying no thanks.
- After a month or so - I send a new e-mail with our latest work.
A pdf with our latest projects - it leads to a page on our website I created for this. So I can track if people are interested enough to open it or not.
- Again a lot of interest - people are opening the pdf & continuing to our website from that pdf. But no responses.
- Lastly - I can invite my connections on LinkedIn to follow our company page. So after the second e-mail I send out invitations - of which, some accept which sound really promising to me.

What's next after that? (again next to no responses)

- Keep sending e-mails with new projects we have done.
Most of the time in this industry we contact the right people at the wrong time. We could have contacted when they just finished a project for instance.

It just means having to keep pushing.

This is where I'm running into a bit of a problem. All of the above is very time-consuming. I don't mind putting the work in but sometimes I'm putting out fires elsewhere which means the outreaching isn't done.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to automate this process. If that's viable or not. Or, maybe, I should outsource this to someone who knows what they're doing. I'm not a marketer.

This week I have been scouring the forum to figure this out & here's what I found up until now:

- Zapier - I've read about someone using this to gain more analytics from people they're outreaching to via e-mail. (this would have been really handy with what I have been doing)
- Instantly - seems to be for automating outreach. Also warming up e-mails? Must look into this.
- Inframail - another cold outreach tool, not sure how useful this would be for me.
- Upwork - a place to hire people. Does anyone have any experience with hiring people from Upwork? Outsourcing this is something I'm seriously considering.
- GoHighLevel - I've read mixed things about this tool, some love it, some hate it. It certainly looks like something that could be interesting - having everything you need in one place for marketing.
- Lemlist - another cold outreach automation tool.

- 100M$ Leads by Alex Hormozi
- Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman
These two books I have seen mentioned here a few times. Must look into them.

Also, I've read about a digital marketer on here who was contacting 150 people p/day, having great success. Contacting people in bulk seems interesting although I'm sure how that would work for me. Digital marketing is different to what we do.

Thought I would share what I'm up to. Will keep you updated on how I move forward. What do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
- I use LinkedIn to search for the right people/ companies.
- I connect with the people who I believe to be decision makers in the company.
- Once they accepted my invitation to connect, I send them a very short e-mail, telling them it's great to connect & explaining what we do, how we can help. It's very rare to get a response at this stage. I like to connect on LinkedIn first, so I don't come across as completely foreign. It's also a great opportunity to find out what they're up, if they've got promoted recently or not. If they have been - it's a great icebreaker for a quick e-mail.
- Some time passes - generally no responses - but an increase in traffic to our website. Sometimes I get a responses thanking me but saying no thanks.
- After a month or so - I send a new e-mail with our latest work.
A pdf with our latest projects - it leads to a page on our website I created for this. So I can track if people are interested enough to open it or not.
- Again a lot of interest - people are opening the pdf & continuing to our website from that pdf. But no responses.
- Lastly - I can invite my connections on LinkedIn to follow our company page. So after the second e-mail I send out invitations - of which, some accept which sound really promising to me.

What's next after that? (again next to no responses)

- Keep sending e-mails with new projects we have done.
Most of the time in this industry we contact the right people at the wrong time. We could have contacted when they just finished a project for instance.

No where in here do I see you selling solutions, unless you kept that part hidden.

I run a Creative Production Company - we produce big advertising campaigns - creative direction, photography, film, cgi. That kind of thing - the creative side of marketing, which is different to digital marketing & numbers I would say)

OK, but what does that mean to the average business owner? Creator?

I'm an author and entrepreneur, how are you selling your service to me? Why should I hire you? WIIFM? How does your solution help my businesses?

Pu xjisi op jisi fu O tii zua timmoph tumavoupt, apmitt zua liqv vjev qesv joffip.

UL, cav xjev fuit vjev niep vu vji ewisehi catopitt uxpis? Dsievus?

O'n ep eavjus epf ipvsiqsipias, jux esi zua timmoph zuas tiswodi vu ni? Xjz tjuamf O josi zua? XOOGN? Jux fuit zuas tumavoup jimq nz catopittit?
O fof miewi vjev qesv uav. Emvjuahj, O xupfis og O tjuamf tvez tu tidsivowi ecuav xjev O fu.

Vji xez xi fu vjopht ot opjisipvmz foggisipv vu jux nutv catopitt ot fupi op vji dsievowi opfatvsz. Xjodj ot e tumavoup vu e qsucmin xi jewi tiip dmoipvt tvsahhmi xovj. Vjot fuit duni gusxesf op vji uavsiedjoph O fu cav pux vjev O muul cedl, puv ipuahj.

Zua'wi nefi ni vjopl. Xomm xusl & vitv vjev cigusi hivvoph gattif ecuav vszoph vu eavunevi ov. Vjepl zua @NK FiNesdu!!

Jo emm!

(vjuahjv O xuamf xsovi ecuav vjot, nz qsuditt aq apvom pux & vji vuumt/ opgu O jewi guapf up vji gusan - et O'n puv e neslivis - vjot nohjv ci opvisitvoph gus epzupi xju otp'v iovjis. O sap e Dsievowi Qsufadvoup Dunqepz - xi qsufadi coh efwisvotoph denqeohpt - dsievowi fosidvoup, qjuvuhseqjz, gomn, dho. Vjev lopf ug vjoph - vji dsievowi tofi ug neslivoph, xjodj ot foggisipv vu fohovem neslivoph & pancist O xuamf tez)

Aq apvom pux O jewi fupi vjopht nepaemmz cav ov't iyvsinimz voni-duptanoph & jesf vu tez og ov't xusloph us puv. Jisi't vji xez O jewi xuslif:

- O ati MoplifOp vu tiesdj gus vji sohjv qiuqmi/ dunqepoit.
- O duppidv xovj vji qiuqmi xju O cimoiwi vu ci fidotoup nelist op vji dunqepz.
- Updi vjiz eddiqvif nz opwovevoup vu duppidv, O tipf vjin e wisz tjusv i-neom, vimmoph vjin ov't hsiev vu duppidv & iyqmeopoph xjev xi fu, jux xi dep jimq. Ov't wisz sesi vu hiv e sitqupti ev vjot tvehi. O moli vu duppidv up MoplifOp gostv, tu O fup'v duni edsutt et dunqmivimz gusiohp. Ov't emtu e hsiev uqqusvapovz vu gopf uav xjev vjiz'si aq, og vjiz'wi huv qsunuvif sidipvmz us puv. Og vjiz jewi ciip - ov't e hsiev odicsielis gus e raodl i-neom.
- Tuni voni qettit - hipisemmz pu sitquptit - cav ep opdsieti op vseggod vu uas xictovi. Tunivonit O hiv e sitquptit vjeploph ni cav tezoph pu vjeplt.
- Egvis e nupvj us tu - O tipf e pix i-neom xovj uas mevitv xusl.
E qfg xovj uas mevitv qsukidvt - ov mieft vu e qehi up uas xictovi O dsievif gus vjot. Tu O dep vsedl og qiuqmi esi opvisitvif ipuahj vu uqip ov us puv.
- Eheop e muv ug opvisitv - qiuqmi esi uqipoph vji qfg & dupvopaoph vu uas xictovi gsun vjev qfg. Cav pu sitquptit.
- Metvmz - O dep opwovi nz duppidvoupt up MoplifOp vu gummux uas dunqepz qehi. Tu egvis vji tidupf i-neom O tipf uav opwovevoupt - ug xjodj, tuni eddiqv xjodj tuapf siemmz qsunotoph vu ni.

Xjev't piyv egvis vjev? (eheop piyv vu pu sitquptit)

- Liiq tipfoph i-neomt xovj pix qsukidvt xi jewi fupi.
Nutv ug vji voni op vjot opfatvsz xi dupvedv vji sohjv qiuqmi ev vji xsuph voni. Xi duamf jewi dupvedvif xjip vjiz katv gopotjif e qsukidv gus optvepdi.

Ov katv niept jewoph vu liiq qatjoph.

Vjot ot xjisi O'n sappoph opvu e cov ug e qsucmin. Emm ug vji ecuwi ot wisz voni-duptanoph. O fup'v nopf qavvoph vji xusl op cav tunivonit O'n qavvoph uav gosit imtixjisi xjodj niept vji uavsiedjoph otp'v fupi.

Tu, O'n vszoph vu gohasi uav jux vu eavunevi vjot qsuditt. Og vjev't woecmi us puv. Us, nezci, O tjuamf uavtuasdi vjot vu tuniupi xju lpuxt xjev vjiz'si fuoph. O'n puv e neslivis.

Vjot xiil O jewi ciip tduasoph vji gusan vu gohasi vjot uav & jisi't xjev O guapf aq apvom pux:

- Beqois - O'wi sief ecuav tuniupi atoph vjot vu heop nusi epemzvodt gsun qiuqmi vjiz'si uavsiedjoph vu woe i-neom. (vjot xuamf jewi ciip siemmz jepfz xovj xjev O jewi ciip fuoph)
- Optvepvmz - tiint vu ci gus eavunevoph uavsiedj. Emtu xesnoph aq i-neomt? Natv muul opvu vjot.
- Opgseneom - epuvjis dumf uavsiedj vuum, puv tasi jux atigam vjot xuamf ci gus ni.
- Aqxusl - e qmedi vu josi qiuqmi. Fuit epzupi jewi epz iyqisoipdi xovj josoph qiuqmi gsun Aqxusl? Uavtuasdoph vjot ot tunivjoph O'n tisouatmz duptofisoph.
- HuJohjMiwim - O'wi sief noyif vjopht ecuav vjot vuum, tuni muwi ov, tuni jevi ov. Ov disveopmz muult moli tunivjoph vjev duamf ci opvisitvoph - jewoph iwiszvjoph zua piif op upi qmedi gus neslivoph.
- Minmotv - epuvjis dumf uavsiedj eavunevoup vuum.

- 100N$ Mieft cz Emiy Jusnubo
- Detjwisvotoph cz Fsix Isod Xjovnep
Vjiti vxu cuult O jewi tiip nipvoupif jisi e gix vonit. Natv muul opvu vjin.

Emtu, O'wi sief ecuav e fohovem neslivis up jisi xju xet dupvedvoph 150 qiuqmi q/fez, jewoph hsiev tadditt. Dupvedvoph qiuqmi op caml tiint opvisitvoph emvjuahj O'n tasi jux vjev xuamf xusl gus ni. Fohovem neslivoph ot foggisipv vu xjev xi fu.

Vjuahjv O xuamf tjesi xjev O'n aq vu. Xomm liiq zua aqfevif up jux O nuwi gusxesf. Xjev fu zua hazt vjopl?
Jisi't ep iyisdoti gus zua:

Gus vji piyv nupvj zua'si puv emmuxif vu dumf uavsiedj.

Zua dep eddiqv duppidvoup siraitvt epf tipf e nittehi updi eddiqvif (Qjepvun Catvis dep eavunevi vjot).

Zua dep tipf duppidvoup siraitvt vu qiuqmi xju Dunnipv us Moli epz ug zuas qutvt (eheop, O'n fuoph vjot xovj Qjepvun Catvis). Zua dep vjip nittehi vjin.

Xjev xomm zua fu vu hiv mueft ug Molit epf Dunnipvt up zuas qutvt?

Xjev xomm zua fu vu hiv e vsodlmi vjip gmuuf ug duppidvoup siraitvt?

O dep'v tez O'wi gohasif uav MoplifOp, cav O'n tvesvoph vu hiv fidipv onqsittoupt epf iphehinipv up nz qutvt. Djidl uav nz qsugomi epf gohasi uav xjz.

Screenshot_20240819_164605.jpg

Screenshot_20240819_164726.jpg

Updi zua'si hivvoph vji ecuwi xusloph, VJIP tvesv dumf uavsiedj vu qiuqmi Gummuxoph, Dunnipvoph, us Moloph xjuiwis zuas ODQ gummuxt. (O'n puv fuoph vjot ziv. O katv xepv vu eavunevi vji xesn uavsiedj gostv.)

Xomm xusl & vitv vjev cigusi hivvoph gattif ecuav vszoph vu eavunevi
Fup'v eavunevi xjev't puv xusloph.

Vjev't moli csophoph op fohhist xjip zua'si fohhoph op vji xsuph qmedi.

Emm zua'mm ipf aq xovj ot e cohhis jumi op vji xsuph qmedi.

Fu vjopht cz jepf gostv. Neli ov xusl.

Vjip eavunevi cideati zua dep'v liiq aq.

O xet eddiqvoph duppidvoup siraitvt nepaemmz epf nepaemmz tipfoph duppidvoup siraitvt vu iwiszupi xju Dunnipvif us Molif nz qutvt. Vjev huv uwisxjimnoph tu O eavunevif ov.

Vjepl zua tu nadj @Epfz Cmedl. O jewip'v ciip up jisi op e xjomi - ov't ciip e jidvod cav huuf gix xiilt.

MoplifOp otp'v tunivjoph O jewi muulif opvu qsuqismz ziv cav piif vu. Xjev O xepv vu tvez exez gsun ot muuloph moli upi ug vjuti zuaph duedjit vimmoph qiuqmi xjev vu fu. O tii vjev emm vji voni & dsophi. O giim e cov moli O piif vu hiv gix nusi ziest up ni cigusi O dep tvesv vemloph moli O lpux xjev O'n fuoph. Cav nezci vjev't katv ep iydati O'n vimmoph nztimg.

Topdi O xet metv up jisi O jewi duni aq xovj e foggisipv eqqsuedj vu uavsiedjoph woe i-neom. E wemai-cetif eqqsuedj. O puvodif vjev xjev dunit pevasem vu at, tivvoph aq qsufadvoupt, dsievowit ivd. - otp'v siemmz dunnup lpuxmifhi vu uas dmoipvt. Emtu O guapf uav ecuav qsucmint uas dmoipvt esi gedoph xusloph xovj uvjist - xjodj xi jewi emsiefz tumwif. Vjisi't qmipvz vu veml ecuav.

O'wi puvodif vjev xjipiwis O tohp aq us miewi nz i-neom tunixjisi - O hiv i-neomt gsun vjin updi e fez us iwisz vxu fezt us tu. Ov fiqipft up xjivjis O'n opvisitvif op siefoph vjin us puv (tuni ug vjin esi tu muph vuu!!) cav vjiz'wi piwis siemmz huvvip ni vu howi nz nupiz gus tunivjoph. Xjev vjiz jewi fupi ot liqv vjios dunqepz/ ofie/ xjeviwis/ op nz nopf.

Tu O'n huoph vu vsz uav tipfoph vxu i-neomt e xiil q/ mief. Vjot ot e coh tjogv dunqesif vu 1 i-neom iwisz gix nupvjt us tu vjev O xet fuoph (& puv taddiifoph - upmz e gix sitquptit). Vjot tjuamf liiq ni op vjios opcuyit xovj pix opgusnevoup (xjodj duamf jimqgam gus vjin/ wemai) gus ev mietv 4 xiilt.

Miv't tii xjev jeqqipt.

Vjepl zua tu nadj @Epfz Cmedl. O jewip'v ciip up jisi op e xjomi - ov't ciip e jidvod cav huuf gix xiilt.

MoplifOp otp'v tunivjoph O jewi muulif opvu qsuqismz ziv cav piif vu. Xjev O xepv vu tvez exez gsun ot muuloph moli upi ug vjuti zuaph duedjit vimmoph qiuqmi xjev vu fu. O tii vjev emm vji voni & dsophi. O giim e cov moli O piif vu hiv gix nusi ziest up ni cigusi O dep tvesv vemloph moli O lpux xjev O'n fuoph. Cav nezci vjev't katv ep iydati O'n vimmoph nztimg.

Topdi O xet metv up jisi O jewi duni aq xovj e foggisipv eqqsuedj vu uavsiedjoph woe i-neom. E wemai-cetif eqqsuedj. O puvodif vjev xjev dunit pevasem vu at, tivvoph aq qsufadvoupt, dsievowit ivd. - otp'v siemmz dunnup lpuxmifhi vu uas dmoipvt. Emtu O guapf uav ecuav qsucmint uas dmoipvt esi gedoph xusloph xovj uvjist - xjodj xi jewi emsiefz tumwif. Vjisi't qmipvz vu veml ecuav.

O'wi puvodif vjev xjipiwis O tohp aq us miewi nz i-neom tunixjisi - O hiv i-neomt gsun vjin updi e fez us iwisz vxu fezt us tu. Ov fiqipft up xjivjis O'n opvisitvif op siefoph vjin us puv (tuni ug vjin esi tu muph vuu!!) cav vjiz'wi piwis siemmz huvvip ni vu howi nz nupiz gus tunivjoph. Xjev vjiz jewi fupi ot liqv vjios dunqepz/ ofie/ xjeviwis/ op nz nopf.

Tu O'n huoph vu vsz uav tipfoph vxu i-neomt e xiil q/ mief. Vjot ot e coh tjogv dunqesif vu 1 i-neom iwisz gix nupvjt us tu vjev O xet fuoph (& puv taddiifoph - upmz e gix sitquptit). Vjot tjuamf liiq ni op vjios opcuyit xovj pix opgusnevoup (xjodj duamf jimqgam gus vjin/ wemai) gus ev mietv 4 xiilt.

Miv't tii xjev jeqqipt.

Vji djemmiphi O tii ot vjisi otp'v e muv ug opvipvoup cijopf xjev zua esi fuoph jisi. Og zua esi fuoph qasimz dumf uavsiedj, zua piif tdemi epf wumani vu gopf vji piifmit op vji qsuwiscoem jeztvedl.

Ot vjisi pu opcuapf us efwisvotoph sappoph xjisi qiuqmi esi muuloph gus e tumavoup vu vjios qeop quopv? (Iwip og ov't epemuhuat vu xjev zua esi fuoph). Vjev xuamf ci vji johjitv opvipv qsutqidvt.

Dumf uavsiedj ot vji muxitv, epf vji upmz xez vu ci iggidvowi ot tdemi. Og zua esi ineomoph qiuqmi 2y e xiil ev tdemi epf vjiz fofp'v tohp aq gus ov, ov xup'v ci muph cigusi emm zuas ineomt esi huoph vu tqen.

Vji djemmiphi O tii ot vjisi otp'v e muv ug opvipvoup cijopf xjev zua esi fuoph jisi. Og zua esi fuoph qasimz dumf uavsiedj, zua piif tdemi epf wumani vu gopf vji piifmit op vji qsuwiscoem jeztvedl.

Ot vjisi pu opcuapf us efwisvotoph sappoph xjisi qiuqmi esi muuloph gus e tumavoup vu vjios qeop quopv? (Iwip og ov't epemuhuat vu xjev zua esi fuoph). Vjev xuamf ci vji johjitv opvipv qsutqidvt.

Dumf uavsiedj ot vji muxitv, epf vji upmz xez vu ci iggidvowi ot tdemi. Og zua esi ineomoph qiuqmi 2y e xiil ev tdemi epf vjiz fofp'v tohp aq gus ov, ov xup'v ci muph cigusi emm zuas ineomt esi huoph vu tqen.
O tii xjev zua'si tezoph.

Nutv catopitt dunit gsun xusf ug nuavj vjsuahj dmoipvt xju jewi emsiefz xuslif xovj at. Cav jux fu xi siedj uav vu qsutqidvt xju jewip'v xuslif xovj at? Xjev fu zua sidlup?

O tii xjev zua'si tezoph.

Nutv catopitt dunit gsun xusf ug nuavj vjsuahj dmoipvt xju jewi emsiefz xuslif xovj at. Cav jux fu xi siedj uav vu qsutqidvt xju jewip'v xuslif xovj at? Xjev fu zua sidlup?

Tu xusf ug nuavj ot vji johjitv miwisehi. Nz gostv huem xuamf ci vu caomf e sucatv sigissem qsuhsen. Neloph tasi zua esi etloph gus sigissemt gsun vji sohjv qiuqmi, epf ugvip.

Vjot emtu niept pivxusloph op hipisem xuamf ci cipigodoem.

VJi dmoipvt xju sigis zua vji nutv catopitt, molimz emm gov e qevvisp. Neli e qmep vu hu gopf nusi ug vjuti qiuqmi epf tjux vjin xjev zuas dunqepz ot huuf ev.

2pf, O xuamf ci efwisvotoph us neslivoph vu vji ofiem dmoipv xjip vjiz esi ev vjios quopv ug qeop. O hevjis vjot nez ci xjip vjios vsefovoupem neslivoph fofp'v xusl? OFL cideati zua qsuwofif tu movvmi opgusnevoup epf esi etloph tadj csuef raitvoupt...

Dumf uavsiedj xuamf ci nadj gasvjis fuxp up nz motv updi vji citv uqvoupt esi tiv aq epf xusloph vu vjios gamm quvipvoem.

Eheop, cideati xi fup'v lpux xjev zua fu us xjev ot huoph up, ov't huoph vu ci jesf vu howi siemmz hsiev efwodi, epf iraemmz zuas iyqidvevoupt ug efwodi gsun tvsephist up vji opvispiv tjuamf ci up johj emisv duptofisoph xi fup'v jewi emm vji opgu :)

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back