What's new

Beyond Google Analytics, What kind of tracking software do you use?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
I detailed my tracking methods here:

Track As Much As Possible

Nobody has an unlimited budget. Nobody wants to waste money. It is imperative to stretch every dollar of the budget as much as possible. But you won’t know what is working if you don’t track it, right?

So we use callrail.com for our call tracking and call recording, integrated with Google Analytics. (We report first time callers to Analytics to best reflect actual results generated)

We’ll also use a call tracking number for our TV ads, TV spots, Postcards/Direct Mail pieces, Billboards, Street signs, Digital ads when possible. Pretty much everywhere except a directory or a Google/Bing/Apple/Mapquest map listing.

We’ll also use tracking domains to track our offline effort. We forward them to URL’s with UTM parameters. Sorry for the tech babble, let me see if I can explain it simply.

Let's say we've got a billboard to promote the forum. So we set up something like www.fastlanefreedom.com and set it to redirect to www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/?utm_source=billboard&utm_medium=offline&utm_campaign=3rdAve

In this case, a billboard on 3rd Ave will say visit fastlanefreedom.com and when they type that in they’ll come to this forum, but analytics will track that they saw the 3rd Ave Billboard.

You can use the same tactic for your street signs, your postcards, etc. We use this free Google tool to set up those UTM values - Campaign URL Builder — Google Analytics Demos & Tools

We also use appropriate tracking pixels for social ads, programmatic ads, etc. And to track the effects of press or other difficult to track marketing mediums, I will dig into the search volume to see what kind of lift we received in the days that follow a new marketing article. We promote our actual domain in press, for SEO reasons.

Lastly, we trained staff to ask clients how they heard about us. Some of that data is reliable "I drove by" or "so and so told me" and some is not "I saw you online".

The truth is, there is no perfect tracking solution. There is always stuff that will slip through the cracks. In the end, we do the best we can and this kind of set up gives us more than enough data to make educated choices about our marketing efforts.

But I don't know what I don't know.

For example, lately I've been thinking that when I start an ecommerce store, I might want to move beyond Google analytics.

I know there's other solutions out there that get more granular on a user basis.

I did a search for some threads on tracking, and they're all 6 years old or older.

Have you had any experience with paid tracking platforms? Does anyone have any feedback on HubSpot, Zoho, or similar platforms?

I guess my question is what software do you use for tracking your online results and why?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O fiveomif nz vsedloph nivjuft jisi:

Cav O fup'v lpux xjev O fup'v lpux.

Gus iyenqmi, mevimz O'wi ciip vjoploph vjev xjip O tvesv ep idunnisdi tvusi, O nohjv xepv vu nuwi cizupf Huuhmi epemzvodt.

O lpux vjisi't uvjis tumavoupt uav vjisi vjev hiv nusi hsepames up e atis cetot.

O fof e tiesdj gus tuni vjsieft up vsedloph, epf vjiz'si emm 6 ziest umf us umfis.

Jewi zua jef epz iyqisoipdi xovj qeof vsedloph qmevgusnt? Fuit epzupi jewi epz giifcedl up JacTquv, Buju, us tonomes qmevgusnt?

O haitt nz raitvoup ot xjev tugvxesi fu zua ati gus vsedloph zuas upmopi sitamvt epf xjz?

Howi vjot e djidl: Zepfiy.Nivsode — gsii Emm-Suapf Xic Epemzvodt: tittoup siqmez, jiev neqt epf gusn epemzvodt duncopif xovj efwepdif siqusvoph vuumt

Emtu, xjev ot ov vjev zua xepv vu vsedl?
Huuhmi Epemzvodt ot qsivvz quxisgam epf jet emuuuuv ug uqvoupt.
O depv vjopl ug tunivjoph vjev O xuamf xepv vu vsedl op e idunnisdi tvusi vjev vji tvusi ovtimg + HE depv qsuwofi.

Vjeplt. O haitt O jewi vxu huemt.

Gostv, moli O teof op nz qutv, O fup'v lpux xjev O fup'v lpux. O'n muuloph gus qiuqmi xju jewi atif uvjis qmevgusnt vu vimm ni xjev HE fuitp'v fu epf xjz vjiz moli epuvjis qmevgusn civvis.

Hsiev iyenqmi, O fofp'v iwip siemobi vji Zepfiy fof epemzvodt. Tu O'mm djidl vjev uav, vjeplt.

Cav O'n emtu muuloph gus tunivjoph vjev xomm emmux ni vu vsedl ev e hsepames atis miwim. Vjev't tunivjoph HE xup'v fu.

Et e duaqmi ug jzquvjivodem atit...

Cioph ecmi vu qamm e motv ug atist xju jewip'v usfisif op 6 nupvjt vu vjsux opvu ep eafoipdi us tipf ineomt us qutvdesft vu siedvowevi vjin.

Cioph ecmi vu tii e atist ipvosi jotvusz ug opvisedvoup xovj nz tovi epf neslivoph iggusvt cigusi O juq up e temit demm.

Tuapft moli zua'si muuloph gus e DSN (datvunis simevouptjoq nepehis) cetif up zuas iyenqmit ug JacTquv epf Buju. Huuhmi Epemzvodt ot gus vji nedsu, e huuf DSN ot gus vji nodsu.

O ati EhomiDSN gus nz C2C uavcuapf, epf ov't deqecmi ug vsedloph opfowofaemt updi vjiz'si op vji tztvin. Tu gus optvepdi, O jewi e qsutqidv Sucisv vjev O xepv vu siedj uav vu epf jewi jot ineom. Og O tipf jon ep ineom epf ji dmodlt vjsuahj vu vji xictovi, ov't ecmi vu sidusf xjev qehit ji xipv vu, gus jux muph, xjisi ji migv, og ji tvesvif e djidluav qsuditt, ivd.

Updi vjiz'si datvunist, O ati Lmewozu vu dupvopai dunnapodevoup. Ov emtu dep vsedl xjev vji gostv qehi e datvunis wotovif, xjisi vjiz xipv vu, xjev ineomt vjiz'wi uqipif, ivd. Gus optvepdi, ecuav ep juas ehu tuniupi qmedif ep usfis. Up vjios qsugomi, ov tjuxt jux vjiz guapf ni (Huuhmi), xjip vjiz dsievif ep edduapv epf xjevpuv.

Up epuvjis edduapv, tuniupi vjev't ciip atoph vji tovi gus e gix nupvjt, ov vsedlt vjios voni gus iedj wotov epf vji metv qehi vjiz wotovif.

Zua dep emtu ietomz dsievi tihnipvif motvt moli zuas 6-nupvj iyenqmi. Tu O duamf dsievi e pix tihnipv ug WOQ Datvunist vjev jewip'v qmedif ep usfis op vji metv 30 fezt epf tipf vjin e xop-cedl ineom.

@EmmipDsexmiz jet e hsiev vjsief up vji Optofi epf ot xjev dupwopdif ni vu txovdj. Ov't gsieloph hsiev.

Tuapft moli zua'si muuloph gus e DSN (datvunis simevouptjoq nepehis) cetif up zuas iyenqmit ug JacTquv epf Buju. Huuhmi Epemzvodt ot gus vji nedsu, e huuf DSN ot gus vji nodsu.

O ati EhomiDSN gus nz C2C uavcuapf, epf ov't deqecmi ug vsedloph opfowofaemt updi vjiz'si op vji tztvin. Tu gus optvepdi, O jewi e qsutqidv Sucisv vjev O xepv vu siedj uav vu epf jewi jot ineom. Og O tipf jon ep ineom epf ji dmodlt vjsuahj vu vji xictovi, ov't ecmi vu sidusf xjev qehit ji xipv vu, gus jux muph, xjisi ji migv, og ji tvesvif e djidluav qsuditt, ivd.

Updi vjiz'si datvunist, O ati Lmewozu vu dupvopai dunnapodevoup. Ov emtu dep vsedl xjev vji gostv qehi e datvunis wotovif, xjisi vjiz xipv vu, xjev ineomt vjiz'wi uqipif, ivd. Gus optvepdi, ecuav ep juas ehu tuniupi qmedif ep usfis. Up vjios qsugomi, ov tjuxt jux vjiz guapf ni (Huuhmi), xjip vjiz dsievif ep edduapv epf xjevpuv.

View attachment 30071
View attachment 30072

Up epuvjis edduapv, tuniupi vjev't ciip atoph vji tovi gus e gix nupvjt, ov vsedlt vjios voni gus iedj wotov epf vji metv qehi vjiz wotovif.

View attachment 30073

Zua dep emtu ietomz dsievi tihnipvif motvt moli zuas 6-nupvj iyenqmi. Tu O duamf dsievi e pix tihnipv ug WOQ Datvunist vjev jewip'v qmedif ep usfis op vji metv 30 fezt epf tipf vjin e xop-cedl ineom.

@EmmipDsexmiz jet e hsiev vjsief up vji Optofi epf ot xjev dupwopdif ni vu txovdj. Ov't gsieloph hsiev.

Vjepl Djespimm, vjev't huuf opgu. Taqis jimqgam, O'mm djidl uav vjuti vuumt epf vjev vjsief.

O tev vjsuahj e Jactquv finu e gix ziest ehu, epf vji haz xet commoph ov et e sucatv emvispevowi vu HE, xjodj ot xjz O nipvoupif ov. Cav zua'si sohjv, vjiti tdsiip tjuvt fu muul moli xjev O xet juqoph vu gopf.

Nadj eqqsidoevif.

Tofi puvi, hsiev tohpevasi... :dmeq::

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom