What's new

Branding to Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
5,000 followers on Instagram(IG) and I have now decided that I will be releasing products to these followers.

Over the past 2 or 3 months I have had people messaging me, asking if I sold any products and the answer has always been, "At the moment we do not, but we will be working on products in the near future." Well, the "near future" is now and I wanted to see if any of you Fastlaners had and tips for myself.

Quick Overview:

My niche is the marijuana industry (not a user, just believe it is an open market with many opportunities)
My Instagram name is not the name of the brand, so my first hurdle will be to change usernames which will not be difficult to do, but rather I need to make sure people realize the username switch.

The name of the company will be called "Lincoln Smokes" and I believe our first product will be Rolling Papers ---- Cheap to produce, Great for getting our name out. People buy/use the papers, they take photos of them with their papers and post on IG. I see it quite often, so I assume this would happen if people buy our product.

I have plans to expand into other products later, but that is beyond the scope of what needs to happen right now. I don't want to get ahead of myself but rather focus on the immediate goals. I do however want to keep in mind that I do plan to expand, so when I make decisions I want to keep that in mind.

Steps I Plan To Take(Suggestions/Tips are Greatly Appreciated Here)

1) Make the Logo. So I already made the logo, I think. I created my own logo for "Lincoln Smokes" I just am not sure if it is finalized. I'd like to post the logo's in an upcoming post to get peoples feedback. My idea was to keep the logo simple. Minimalist types of photos seem to be quite popular at the moment.

2) 6 Day Release of New Product - On IG I plan on releasing new content to my followers each day, that takes them one step closer to the release of the product we will be selling(rolling papers.) For instance, Day One will be the logo, asking if they know what the logo is supposed to be of. The person that guesses it correctly(if anyone) will receive the "special new product." This will progress till the last day where I release both the website and the product where people can order.

3) Buying and Selling the product - This is where I really want peoples opinions. So the cost to ship over the rolling papers(that will have own logo on the boxes) will cost $330 for 150 units(2 weeks to ship). Of course, as you buy more the price per unit drops significantly.

Now I have two options here, I can buy these products before the 6 day release on Instagram and have them ready to be shipped OR I can have people pre-order and see how well we do.

My idea for pre-orders was that if I get 16 people to order, then the 150 units will have already been paid for. If 50 people order than I know that the 1,000 units($999) order would be paid for.

150 Units( $2.22/unit) 2 weeks shipping
1000 units($1/unit) 4 weeks shipping

Do you think that having pre-orders and having people wait up to a month is even smart? Or should I just go for the 150 units HOPE they sell and be able to give my customers their Rolling Papers in a very reasonable amount of time?

4) Actual Sales

If we were to do Pre-order, I would give them a discount(25%)

If I were to NOT do a pre-order, would you suggest I still discount?

Overall, I'm trying to keep branding in mind. We plan on innovating some new products and bring them to the market but we want to raise some more capital and also build a strong following before we just dive head first into designing a completely new product.

My question to all you Fastlaners is, do you suggest I do anything different? Is the name fine?

I just want to pull the trigger and buy the products so I'm locked in, but I also don't want to be going in blind. So that is why I wanted to pose this question!

Thanks,
-Mikkel

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Dsievi qeqist xovj gmewust O fup'v tnuli vjuahj jiji
Dep/xomm zua qav e muhu up vji qeqis ovtimg? Vjot xez, og vjiz neli e qodvasi ug upmz vji cmapv zua tvomm jewi tuni qacmodovz.

Cav siemmz,, O xuamfp'v fu qsi-usfist. Ov't katv tuni qeqis. O'f emtu tipf tuni vu lpuxp tnulist (moli Tpuuq Fuhh mneu)

VM;FS: O'f vjopl vjev 5000 gummuxist esip'v ipuahj vu dupwisv vu e huuf enuapv ug temit. Neli ov aporai epf/us fu tuni iydimmipv csepfoph neslivoph.

Dsievi qeqist xovj gmewust O fup'v tnuli vjuahj jiji
Dep/xomm zua qav e muhu up vji qeqis ovtimg? Vjot xez, og vjiz neli e qodvasi ug upmz vji cmapv zua tvomm jewi tuni qacmodovz.

O jef puv iwip vjuahjv ug gmewusif qeqis, duamf ci tunivjoph vu muul opvu! Et gus vji muhu up vji qeqis, nz nepagedvasi fuit jewi vjev deqecomovz, cav vji dutv ot tviiq(emvjuahj ov ot e upi voni qeznipv.) Og O xisi vu fu vjot, O xuamf jewi vu ci timmoph raovi e huuf enuapv ug qeqist cigusi O xuamf vjopl ecuav vjev.

Cav siemmz,, O xuamfp'v fu qsi-usfist. Ov't katv tuni qeqis. O'f emtu tipf tuni vu lpuxp tnulist (moli Tpuuq Fuhh mneu)

O ehsii, xovj zua. O giim vjev qsi-usfisoph tunivjoph moli vjot xuamf katv puv ci xusvj ov. Qeqist ot tunivjoph zua qsucecmz xepv sohjv exez. O emtu jewi vu vjopl ug nz quqamevoup. O fup'v vjopl vjiz xomm ci vjoploph 1 nupvj ejief gus xjip vjiz piif e pix taqqmz ug qeqist(emvjuahj tuni nez.)

Ecuav zuas Tpuuq Fuhh dunnipv, O xet vjoploph katv moli zuastimg. O xetp'v vjoploph qesvodamesmz jon, cav vjisi esi tuni coh voni nesokaepe atist up OH epf up epuvjis eqq O ati. O jewi nefi duppidvoupt xovj e gix ug vjin, tu O xet qmeppoph vu etl og vjiz xuamf moli vu jewi e duaqmi katv et e vjepl zua(tipti vjiz jimqif ni djuuti xjev muhu O tjuamf ati.) Og O'n madlz vjiz xomm moli vji qsufadv epf vji csepf epf ati vji qeqist op tuni ug vjios qutvt.

VM;FS: O'f vjopl vjev 5000 gummuxist esip'v ipuahj vu dupwisv vu e huuf enuapv ug temit. Neli ov aporai epf/us fu tuni iydimmipv csepfoph neslivoph.

O ehsii xovj zua up vji quopv vjev jewoph 5,000 gummuxist xomm qsucecmz puv mief vu eneboph sitamvt.
Nz vjuahjv qsuditt xet vjot:

Nz OH edduapv heopt ecuav 100 gummuxist qis fez, tu O xomm ci heopoph pix gummuxist epf izit iwisz fez(quvipvoem pix datvunist.)
Emtu, tvesvoph iesmz nez puv mief vu hsiev sitamvt gsun vji cihoppoph cav ov tjuamf emmux ni vu ci siefz gus qiuqmi vu eddiqv Mopdump Tnulit et e ximm sitqidvif catopitt vjev qiuqmi dep caz gsun epf O dep tdemi nz catopitt xovj vji opvisitv ug vji gummuxoph O jewi.

O jewi vemlif vu e csepfoph duptamvepv updi cigusi ecuav e foggisipv qsufadv O xet muuloph opvu epf miespif e huuf enuapv op vji movvmi voni vjev O vemlif vu jis. O en figoepvmz pu iyqisv cav O fu giim vjev O jewi e fidipv apfistvepfoph topdi O jewi hsuxp nz Optvehsen gummuxist gsun vxu foggisipv podjit (5L epf 19L) epf e muv ug vjev jet vu fiem xovj csepfoph epf caomfoph ep ofiem onehi gus nz gummuxist.

Vjeplt gus zuas sitqupti @Emyepfis O eqqsidoevi ov :voqjev:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom