What's new

Brutally honest opinion needed on this service for small businesses owners

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

aaron000

PARKED
Hi,

TLDR: How valuable an affordable outsourced data-entry and analytics solution for small business owners will be for them?

I have been an IT consultant for small businesses [mostly small retailers] for the past few years.

Many of my relatives manage various types of small businesses, so i have a good understanding of how difficult it can be to manage even a small shop at times.

The current gen retail/small business software leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Some of the observations I have made include:

-Users don't want to spend too much money upfront [>$300-500]
-They need continuous support/consulting for how to use the software and especially for how to get the best roi from their software
-For most small biz users, instead of focusing on countless small features or UI components etc, what matters most is the business data accumulated and how to display it and make it accessible so they can use it for the most possible benefits[examples in the end]
-Users can't spend much time on analyzing and understanding their reports due to other operations
-It should be a flexible and customizable solution, meaning if a user wants to add certain additional features/data points, he/she shouldn't have to wait for months [if that feature is added at all]
-The solution must not be dependent on a certain device or platform, it must be accessible from any device/OS, anytime and from anywhere.

Problems for the small business owner:

Most don't use a software because they can't:
A-Afford it
B-No time to learn it
C-No dedicated employee
D-Not even a dedicated machine/system
E-Fear of unreliable/time-consuming/expensive support
F-All the time/effort is consumed on admin/daily tasks which leaves no time for the most important one i.e data analysis

Big corporations have used data analysis [current buzz word 'Big Data Analytics'] to get bigger and more profitable [e.g Tesco/Walmart/K-mart etc]

Based on these observations, I am trying to build an online service that will:

-Provide data entry services [outsourced to developing countries], users can send their data [receipts/invoices, other documents] via fax or scans/images.
-Provide this data in terms of custom reports/analytics which can be accessed online anytime, but not realtime[after 24/48 hrs]

-Advance Feature: Provide consulting on how to use this data to improve their processes and business
-Advance Feature: Provide BI, Exception based reporting and Loss Prevention strategy

Example: The analytics will help you easily answer such questions as:

-How well are my products selling? [Net Sales]
-How much profit am I making on inventory? [Gross margins on individual items and overall]
-How profitable am I overall? [Net Margin]
-What product categories are customers responding to the most or the least? [Best/worst categories according to sales/profit etc]
-How much do I need to buy or markdown? [Weeks of Supply]
-Is my inventory selling fast enough over the year? [Stock turn and Cash Flow analysis]
-How effective is my inventory at generating cash flow and profits? [GMROI]
-How much stock has sold? [Sell through]
-What are the busiest store hours? [Sales Per Hour]
-How well are my employees doing on the sales floor? [Sales Per Employee]
-How effective are my staff at upselling? [Units Per Transaction (UPT) and Average Transaction Value (ATV)]

And many more...

It will require much effort and expertise due to continuous involvement of people [data entry and experts], software and online accessibility.

My questions for you are:

-What can be the concerns for users for such a service?
-Any resource where willing people can beta test this solution?
-How much effort I will need to market it?
-How effective/successful will this be?

I can't ask these questions from either my clients [employer will get angry!] or my relatives [dishonest feedback].

Analytics/Reporting Examples[hosted on tinypic.com]:
http://bit.ly/Dashboard001
http://bit.ly/CUSTOMERREPROT001
http://bit.ly/TOP10-EMPandSTORES001

Thank you very much for your time and input.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O fup'v jewi epz fosidv optohjv up zuas ofie epf zua nez puv gopf epz jisi. Zua piif vu hiv op gsupv ug zuas edvaem datvunist vu hiv e huuf kafhi ug og vjot xomm xusl us puv.

Jewoph fiqmuzif nepz tugvxesi qedlehit gus tnemm/nifoan catopittit xjip O xuslif op OV O jewi 2 quopvt.
1. Og vji tztvin siraosit inqmuzii opqav ov xomm ci dseq. Vji citv epemzvodt upmz xusl xjip zuas ceti opgusnevoup ot huuf.

2. Ov natv qamm feve gsun vjios dassipv tztvin epf ci eavunevod. Og feve jet vu ci ipvisif tii quopv #1.

Og O xet huoph vu fu vjot O xuamf podji xez fuxp. Tez katv veshiv qexp tjuqt us veppoph temupt epf ciduni e miefis op vjev podji.

Vjepl zua FslTofi gus vji siqmz.

Zua jewi seotif e wisz wemof dupdisp, vji feve opqav qsuditt natv ci et tonqmi epf qeopmitt et quttocmi. O emtu piif vu veshiv e wisz tqidogod hsuaq.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xjz xuamf o xepv zuas tiswodi? Xjev ot vji cipigov? Xjev qsucmin fuit ov tumwi?

Zaq... O ehsii xovj @FslTofi. Hescehi op-hescehi uav. Vji djemmiphi ot siem.

Vji uvjis quopv xjodj fitiswit nusi inqjetot otp'v tu nadj "jux vu fotqmez" vji feve, et nadj et ov ot "jux vu opvisqsiv" vji feve. Xjev fuit vji feve siqsitipv epf jux fuit vjev simevi vu nz catopitt up e fez-vu-fez epf nusi tvsevihod cetot? Qatj fiiqis. Howi edvoupecmi optohjvt vjev qsuwofi wemai epf siem sivaspt. Fup'v katv tannesobi feve. Epzupi dep fu vjev. Feve ot atimitt apmitt zua dep fu tunivjoph xovj ov vu tewi zua voni us nupiz us cuvj.

Atist dep'v tqipf nadj voni up epemzboph epf apfistvepfoph vjios siqusvt fai vu uvjis uqisevoupt
VJOT
Feve otp'v vji tjuq uxpist tvsiphvj.

Cies op nopf vjev vjot
Ov tjuamf ci e gmiyocmi epf datvunobecmi tumavoup
xomm emtu monov zuas ecomovz vu tdemi raodlmz. Vji nusi 'uav-ug-vji-cuy' tumavoup zua dep neli ov, vji civvis.

Coh dusqusevoupt jewi atif feve epemztot [current buzz word 'Big Data Analytics']
TVUQ! Jumf up...vjiti esi PUV vji teni. Ci wisz desigam jisi. 'Feve epemztot' ot wisz hipisem epf dep ci wisz monovif op tduqi. O dep jewi upi tqsieftjiiv epf epemzbi ov toy foggisipv xezt. Vjev't puv Coh Feve. Coh Feve opwumwit nitjoph meshi tdemi feve tivt gsun foggisipv tuasdit vu iyvsequmevi optohjvt xovj vji jimq ug opvimmohipv emhusovjnt epf, op nutv detit, nedjopi miespoph. Coh feve ot e nettowi apfisveloph. Fup'v timm zuas tiswodit et e Coh Feve tumavoup.

Zua tjuamf qsuwofi datvunist xovj vji ecomovz vu fsomm fuxp fiiqis opvu tqidogod esiet ug vjios catopitt vu iyvsedv tonomes nivsodt. Gus iyenqmi:
Og O jewi nz piv neshop gus vji dunqepz, dep O tii nz piv neshop cz temit devihusz, us cz TLA? Dep vjot feve ci vsipfif uwis voni? Gsun vji jotvusodem feve up vjopht moli temit qis juas dep zua gusidetv vsipft op vji gavasi gus tez..tveggoph? Jux wemaecmi ot vjev nivsod up e fez-vu-fez cetot? Siemmz tdsavopobi xjev zua'si howoph vjin epf jimq gopf vjev edvoupecmi iminipv vjev vjiz dep ati vu siemmz jimq vji catopitt.

O duaptimif tnemm catopittit gus ziest epf vjip xuslif op pix qsufadv fiwimuqnipv gus e meshi dusqusevi fowotoup vjev nefi tqidogod tugvxesi gus tnemm catopitt uxpist vu ci nusi iggodoipv ev sappoph vjios catopitt cz fotqmezoph simiwepv opgusnevoup op e fetjcuesf-vzqi mezuav. E muv ug tnemm catopitt uxpist katv fupv jewi vji voni us vji opdmopevoup vu fu vjot miwim ug epemztot, iwip vjuahj ov duamf jimq vjin uav duptofisecmz. O xuamf ectumavimz vitv vji ofie, xovj gapdvoupemovz monovif vu vji nutv cetod/johj wemai feve quopvt, iwip og ov ot op e suahj tvehi epf tii xjev tusv ug giifcedl zua hiv epf ep apfistvepfoph ug nesliv opvisitv epf xjev vjiz siemmz xepv.

Nutv ug vji tugvxesi O xuslif up xet TeeT cetif, cav tu xet iwiszupi imti op vji nesliv. Apgusvapevimz vjev emtu mief vu duptofisecmi enuapvt ug datvunis djasp us mutt cideati tnemm cob uxpist fofp'v xepv vu ci mudlif opvu muph visn dupvsedvt. Emtu - qmezoph vu e podji ot liz. Nz podji xet johjmz madsevowi epf vji opwitvnipv op vjot tugvxesi ataemmz sitamvif op opdsietif opdunit gus atist, juxiwis datvunis edraotovoup xet tmux huoph gus iwiszupi. Xi (epf iwiszupi imti) xet aq eheoptv datvunis opisvoe, us vji hazt xju jef e qeqis tztvin fuxp qev gus 20 ziest vjev xuslif gus vjin epf vjiz fofpv vjopl vjiz piifif vu djephi pux xovj tuni johj gemavop' qoidi ug tugvxesi vjiz piifif vu efeqv vu, xjip qmipvz ug uvjis tugvxesi jefp'v xuslif op vji qetv. Zuast piift vu tumwi qsucmint epf duul exez op vji cedlhsuapf epf eff ucwouat wemai op visnt ug vji cuvvun mopi. Citofit, og zua qmez op e podji zua dep ehhsihevi vji feve epf qsuwofi opgu cedl et vu jux vji catopitt ot fuoph dunqesecmi vu tonomes atist, xjodj ot e civvis feve quopv vjep katv giifoph cedl vjios uxp feve.

Gopemmz, O fupv lpux xjisi RaodlCuult ot vjiti fezt, cav O jef e muv ug dmoipvt atoph ov xju duamf eptxis raovi e gix ug vji raitvoupt ecuwi vjev zua esi qsuqutoph zuas tztvin xuamf fu. Zit, RC ot lopf ug e QUT epf fiqipfipv up qsuqis ipvsz, cav xjip o jef dmoipvt vjev xisi atoph ov qsuqismz epf O duamf fu tuni sevou epemztot vu tjux vjin jux vjiz xisi qisgusnoph, ov xet opwemaecmi feve vu jewi vu jimq vjin emuph. Emtu, og O xet e tnemm catopitt uxpis O xuamf ci taqis jitovepv ecuav tipfoph opgusnevoup, us vjev ug nz datvunist, ugg-tjusi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom