What's new

Building a Snack Food Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Master K. Stone

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello, everyone-

I thought I'd chronicle my process toward building a business in the snack food industry. I hope to provide a more valuable product than what is currently on the market. I'm not reinventing the wheel. Only using a handful of value skews to make a superior product.

In the food industry, there are two broad areas you have to concern yourself with. The product and distribution.

Here is what I have done over the past few weeks toward developing the product:
Week 1
  • Bought some products from my soon-to-be competition to see what they were producing. It was not good. This was when I knew I could enter the market and shake things up with a superior offering.
  • Researched how to make the product in question. Took about 4-5 hours before I was fully confident I could do it.

Week 2
  • Produced my first batch in my kitchen. The results were great.
  • Provided free samples to around 150 people at a college basketball game. Had a copious amount of positive feedback. (Important step)
  • Created some make-shift branding to explain what the product was so people were familiar with it.
Week 3 (this week)

• Produced my second batch.
  • Sold this batch at this week's basketball game. It was the most expensive item in the kiosk but it sold out fast. This felt really good. Though I had spent around an hour in actual production time my rate of income was made independent of my time. I made $x while watching a basketball game. That product had the DNA of a time-independent venture and I liked it a lot. There is still a lot of work to be done before it is totally independent of my time, but this was a start.

There has been a mindset shift. In week two, when I offered free samples, I knew there was some potential. In week 3, when people actually purchased the product (read: they voted for it with their money), that changed the way I viewed things in a big way. Welcome to team producer.

Going forward, I have to get the recipe down to the exact ingredient input.
In the next few weeks, I hope to create some attractive packaging and then see ways I can scale up production. Before that, I have to figure out how I am going to distribute this product. But one step at a time.

I won't be posting too often but I hope to update this thread soon.

Cheers!

Duphsevt! Xjev vzqi ug tpedlt esi zua neloph?

O xotj zua ximm op zuas gavasi catopitt wipvasi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back