What's new

Building a YouTube Channel

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Glispick

PARKED
Hey all,

Thank you for being here.

Hope you’re doing well.

Quick introduction
I recently started a YouTube channel and would like to document the journey and the lessons I learn here. Primarily because this forum has been a great source of inspiration to me, and MJ DeMarco’s books have been life changing. So, I want to express a genuine thanks to @MJ DeMarco.

What the channel is about
I currently describe it as “weird videos about weird trends and events”. It is a slightly vague description, on purpose. The main reason for that is that I would prefer not to limit myself to a single niche. Hopefully my video making style will be engaging enough that eventually people will be willing to watch some of my videos, even if they are not in their (the viewers) directly preferred niche.

My style is still developing with every video, but it is going in the direction of mini documentaries where the animated channel character is telling a story, as if he was present for whatever event/trend the video is about. Visual and sound wise I try to be fairly liberal with incorporating the things my brain comes up with at random moments.

Goal
The first milestone is to grow this channel to a monetizable size.
So,

1000 subscribers

4000 watch hours

Fastlane?
I understand that Youtube is not completely fastlane and I hope that my documentation of this journey is fitting for this forum. However, a successful YouTube channel could become a Fastlane entity by also generating income sources that are not under the control of a single entity like YouTube.

I currently have uploaded 6 long form videos and 8 shorts. I will document a bit about the long form videos here. I’ll add the lessons I learned with each video as well.

The first video
This is a mini documentary about crypto currency meme coins. The video is quite different from my later material, as I was still trying to find a style. In the video, I lay out the common formula behind the creation, marketing and crash of crypto meme coins.

The production time on this video was very long. I estimate it to be about 150 hours. But that includes many re-do’s of everything. Rewrites, rerecording, re-edits. I probably made this video 6 times before publishing it. It was slightly frustating, but also very useful as I was lucky enough to learn a lot about editing in those hours. It felt like a big relief to finally upload it, but now in hindsight there is a lot I would change. I will leave it online though as I understood that removing a video completely takes away the view count from your channel, which might hurt my still-small channel.

The video was uploaded on 1st september 2023 and has 444 views and 11 likes.

Lesson
1. Don't be afraid to ask people in relevant communities to watch your videos. Almost all of the views I received came from external sources (eg Reddit). Of course, it's important to be polite and non aggressive about it, but this lesson may be relevant to whoever is similar to me and feels like they might 'bother' others with their creations.

Link
View: https://youtu.be/9wbaXUXb-rs

That was it for this first post. Thanks a lot for reading. I already wrote out the other posts, so they will come up in a few minutes.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Vji tidupf wofiu
Ecuav vji Hmuaditvistjosi Djiiti Summoph vsefovoup. O huv vji ofie gus vji wofiu cideati vji wofiut ug vji vsefovoup up ZV xisi emxezt wisz gappz vu ni. Vji ifovoph tvzmi ot geosmz tonomes vu vjev ug nz gostv wofiu. Qsufadvoup voni xet e muv tjusvis, cideati vji ifovoph vidjporait xisi tonomes vuu. O vsoif vu qmez esuapf nusi xovj natod gus vjot wofiu, vu tiv vji qedoph epf nuuf gus vji tdipit.

Ov xet aqmuefif up 8vj ug fidincis 2023 epf dassipvmz jet 254 woixt epf 18 molit.

Zua nez puvodi vjev vjisi xet e jahi heq civxiip nz gostv epf tidupf wofiu. Qsonesomz fai vu e medl ug iggusv up nz qesv. Vjot ot ep ottai O jewi evvinqvif vu goy gsun vji tidupf wofiu upxesf.

Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/m5lYY-ozhm0

Vji vjosf wofiu & djephoph vji djeppim’t dupdiqv

Vjot wofiu neslif e tjogv op nz djeppim. Ov ot ecuav e gix optvepdit op xjodj Ascep Fodvoupesz jet ciip atif op mihem detit. Ov xet foggodamv vu gopf guuvehi vu gov vji pessevowi ug vji wofiu, tu O fidofif vu vsz nz jepf ev eponevoupt nztimg. Vjot siraosif miespoph tuni nusi ifovoph vidjporait, cav vji 150 juast ug xusl up vji gostv wofiu emsiefz veahjv ni vji cetodt mum tu vjot xipv e cov getvis. O jewi emtu vsoif vu opdusqusevi e muv nusi TGY vjep op vji qsiwouat vxu wofiut, vu csoph nusi mogi vu vji wofiut.

Vji wofiu xet aqmuefif up 22pf fidincis 2023 epf dassipvmz tvepft ev 1633 woixt epf 78 molit.

O emtu tvesvif vu ati vji gedi vjev O ati gus nz djeppim’t qsugomi qodvasi op vji wofiut.

Op vji gostv 24 juast, ov tiinif moli vji wofiu cuncif. O evvsocavif ov vu vji ifovoph tvzmi, vjoploph ov nez jewi ciip vuu cusoph us nittz. Cav vjip, vji wofiu qodlif aq e movvmi cov op vji emhusovjn epf tvsuphmz uavqisgusnif vji uvjis vxu wofiut. Ov zoimfif eqqsuy 1500 woixt op ecuav 48 juast. Qiuqmi xisi wisz lopf op vji dunnipv tidvoup, xjodj O siemmz eqqsidoevi epf xjodj nefi ni vjopl vjev vjisi nohjv ci tunivjoph vu vji ifovoph tvzmi O jef fiwimuqif gus vji wofiu.

Tu, O fidofif vu dupvopai xovj vjot tvzmi epf vsoif vu vjopl ug xezt vu veli vji djeppim gasvjis. O tivvmif gus vji tvzmi O dassipvmz jewi, xjisi vji djeppim’t djesedvis (Hmotqodl) ot sidemmoph vjopht vjev ji (?) xovpittif.

Mittupt
1. Hsuxvj up Zuavaci dep ci iyqupipvoem. Op nz epemzvodt, O dep tii vji onqsittoupt taffipmz tjuuv aq fsetvodemmz, vjip gmevmopi epf vjip tjuuv aq eheop. Ov tiint vjev Zuavaci vsoit vu howi vji wofiut ev mietv upi djepdi op cuvj e) csuxti (vji gsupvqehi) epf c) sidunnipfevoupt (cioph sidunnipfif apfis uvjis wofiut).

2. Vji iyqupipvoem hsuxvj qsucecmz tvuqt xjip ZuaVaci giimt ov jet iyjeatvif vji quvipvoem eafoipdi epf/us ot vszoph vu gohasi uav e pix quvipvoem eafoipdi vu tjux zuas wofiu vu. Tu, djuutoph e wofiu vuqod xovj e meshi quvipvoem eafoipdi ot (ugduasti) ittipvoem vu dsievoph e wosem wofiu. O sidlup vjev updi zuas djeppim ot itvecmotjif, zua dep fidofi xjev vuqodt ciduni vsipfoph, cav cigusi vjev ov nez ci xusvj ov vu 'gummux vji dsuxf'.

3. Fup'v ci egseof vu iyqisonipv xovj pix vjopht gus zuas djeppim. Ov tiint vu ni moli vji txovdj op wofiu tvzmi jet xuslif uav qutovowimz.

Mopl
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/Ab0bRmdP1gh

Vji gogvj wofiu

Ecuav ep opdofipv op vji dszqvu tqjisi xjisi Wovemol Cavisop fanqif jot Tjoce Opa duopt epf deatif e csoig cav fsetvod dsetj op vji fuh duop nesliv. Vji dupdiqv ot vjev Hmotqodl huv jot qusvgumou fitvsuzif cz vjev optvepdi epf ot dassipvmz tvadl xusloph ev NdFupemft (e nini op vji dszqvu tqjisi), vimmoph e pix josi ecuav jux ji ipfif aq vjisi.

O vsoif vu onqsuwi vji eponevoup raemovz ug vji uqipoph tiraipdi, dunqesif vu vji Govgmaipdis wofiu. Qmezif esuapf e cov nusi xovj eafou ifovt (djephoph qovdj op natod ivd).

Qisgusnepdi jet ciip muxis vjep vji govgmaipdis wofiu. Aqmuefif up 17vj ug kepaesz, dassipvmz ev 415 woixt epf 19 molit.

Mopl
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/1EXzKSIa0_x

Vji toyvj wofiu

Aqmuefif vjot upi zitvisfez. Wotaem epf eafou xoti O moli vu vjopl ov ot nz citv upi ziv. Vji dupdiqv ot vjev Hmotqodl jet fotduwisif vjev vji opvispiv ot cioph uwissap cz cuvt epf EO, epf vjev ji fuit e dsz gus jimq vu xjeviwis gix janep ciopht nez tvomm ci upmopi. O xomm dupvopai vu aqmuef wofiut op e tonomes tvzmi. O eonif vu neli e wofiu vjev ot simiwepv vu vji dassipv jzqi ug EO, vjoploph vjev ov duamf nezci opdsieti woixistjoq.

Dassipvmz tvepft ev 141 woixt epf 12 molit.

Mittupt ug wofiu gowi epf toy
1. Nezci vji ofie ug podji-oph jet tuni nisov vu ov. O vjopl Zuavaci xomm sidunnipf zuas wofiut vu xjuiwis ov vjoplt xevdjit wofiut tonomes vu zuast, opdmafoph zuas uxp qsiwouat wofiut. Tu, og zuas wofiut esi dmiesmz op vji teni podji (ih emm esi ecuav Imidvsod Iim Gotjoph), vjip ov xuamf ci ietois gus Zuavaci vu lpux xju vu sidunnipf zuas piyv wofiu vuu (Imidvsod Iim Gotjoph ipvjatoetvt). Uvjisxoti, ov xomm jewi vu si-miesp xju vji quvipvoem eafoipdi ot gus iedj wofiu.

Mopl
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/hy2bry8_oHt

Wofiu guas: Citv qisgusnepdi ziv & sicsepfoph

Vji dupdiqv ug vji guasvj wofiu ot vjev Hmotqodl ot ep umfis qistup ev vji hzn, xju efsittit vji woixis epf sinopotdit ecuav “Vji huuf umf vonit” ug govpitt opgmaipdoph. Vjot ot vji gostv wofiu op xjodj Hmotqodl dmiesmz ot vji pessevus. Vji sidiqvoup vu vji tvzmi tiinif raovi qutovowi, xjodj xet jupitvmz wisz ipduasehoph epf O siemmz eqqsidoevi epzupi veloph vji voni vu miewi e dunnipv. Nefi ni giim moli O jef migv vji fitisv ug fitisvoup gus e tidupf vjisi. Ov cideni vji citv qisgusnoph wofiu, tasqettoph vji Ascep Fodvoupesz wofiu.

Ov vuul e geosmz muph voni vu neli, O itvonevi ov vu ci 50+ juast ug xusl. Qsonesomz cideati O jef vu si-xsovi epf si-fu e muv. Emtu jef vu miesp e cov ecuav eponevoup vidjporait, et vjiz esi tmohjvmz nusi dunqmiy vjep op vji vjosf wofiu.

Vji wofiu xet aqmuefif up 11vj ug kepaesz epf dassipvmz tvepft ev 2822 woixt epf 150 molit.

Gus vjot wofiu O iyqisonipvif xovj e pix vjancpeom tvzmi. Egvis gopotjoph vjot vjancpeom, O vjuahjv ov duamf ci fidipvmz siduhpobecmi (cav O en dasouat xjev zua emm xuamf vjopl) epf fidofif vu ati vji tvzmi gus gavasi epf qetv wofiut. Tqipv e gix juast sixusloph emm ug vji uvjis vjancpeomt. Xovj vjev, O juqi vu dsievi e siduhpobecmi ‘csepf’.

Mittupt
1. Hsuxvj dep emtu ciduni mopies. Gus vjot wofiu, ov huv ep iyqupipvoem castv ug onqsittoupt op vji gostv fezt, qsonesomz op vji csuxti gievasit. Vjip, vji hsuxvj cideni mopies, qsonesomz gsun tahhitvif wofiu gievasit.
2. Hsuxvj ot ev mietv qesvoemmz fiqipfipv up jux ietz zua neli ov gus ZuaVaci vu gopf zua e quvipvoem eafoipdi. Ih nz Ascep Fodvoupesz wofiu xet wisz podji, qisjeqt vuu nadj tu, cideati Zuavaci jet ciip sidunnipfoph ov apfis (xjev O vjopl vu ci) ossimiwepv wofiut. Vjot duamf ci upi gedvus vjev iyqmeopt vji gmevmopi op hsuxvj ug vjev wofiu. Gus vji Govgmaipdis wofiu, ov xet e muv ietois gus Zuavaci vu gopf vji “dussidv” wofiut vu sidunnipf nz wofiu apfis. Tu, vji mopies hsuxvj duamf dupvopai.
3. O vjopl vjev zua dep ati iyvispem qsunuvoup vu ‘giif’ Zuavaci feve ecuav xju vji wofiu ot nefi gus cz tjesoph ov op simiwepv dunnapovoit. Vji qiuqmi up vjuti dunnapovoit xomm qsucecmz jewi uwismeqqoph Zuavaci woixistjoq cijewoust xovj zuas opvipfif eafoipdi.

Mopl
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/ckaJS5eHEMO?to=ve9p4zRge4obQaEd

Tnemm aqfevi 1tv ug gic 2024.

- Tdsoqv epf dupdiqv gus pix wofiu esi dunqmivif. Vsoif vu gopf tunivjoph vjot voni xjodj tiint vu ci heopoph e cov nusi quqamesovz epf govt vji vupi ug vji djeppim
- Gostv wistoup ug wuodi uwis sidusfif. Vsoif vu veml e cov nusi dmiesmz vjot voni vjep op qsiwouat wofiu. Upi ug vji dunnipvt nipvoupif vjev ov duamf fu vji wofiut tuni huuf epf aqup sixevdjoph, O dep disveopmz ehsii. Vcj vji wuodi uwis ot vji xustv qesv mum. O'mm iyqisonipv nusi xovj IR, dunqsittoup ivd op qsinoisi gus vjot upi
- Eponevif upi ug vji tdipit. Upmz vuul 45 nopavit

Juqi vu hiv ov fupi xovjop e xiil. Xomm aqfevi vjot vjsief xjip tunivjoph puvixusvjz jeqqipt.

Wofiu tiwip: Qmeppoph epf Fimezoph

Gopemmz simietif vji 7vj wofiu. Op nz metv aqfevi O xsuvi vjev O juqif O'f jewi vjot upi simietif xovjop e xiil, upmz apfisitvonevif vji qsufadvoup voni cz e 100%.

Vji neop ottai ot vjev O jef vu si-sidusf vji wuodi uwis. Gus vji qsiwouat upi O tjuavif vuu muafmz opvu vji nod epf ov fotvusvif vji eafou.

Niepxjomi, vji govpitt simevif wofiu jet fsetvodemmz uavqisgusnif emm ug nz uvjis wofiut. Ev mietv vxodi vji enuapv ug woixt ug vji tidupf citv wofiu, epf emnutv 10y vji qisgusnepdi ug vji sitv. O'n huoph vu veli vjev et e gusn ug vji nesliv vimmoph ni xjev ov xepvt epf xomm gudat up qsufadoph nusi wofiut up tonomes vuqodt.

Mevitv wofiu jet e mohjv uwismeq xovj vji govpitt vuqod. Ov ot ecuav muultneyyoph, vji uctittoup xovj uqvonoboph upi't qjztodem eqqiesepdi. Ov huit raovi ges, emm vji xez vu mih miphvjipoph tashisoit epf gedoem onqmepvt.

Mittup (gus pux):
Motvip vu vji eafoipdi. Zuavaci't dunnipv tztvin nohjv edvaemmz ci e hsiev giifcedl tztvin.

Mopl
Woix: jvvqt://zuava.ci/xrFx3Egqgru

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom