What's new

Building an oral care startup...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mshiddensecret

New Contributor
Joined
May 15, 2016
Messages
9
Rep Bank
$25
User Power: 67%
Hey guys, I'm going to start documenting my progress here since it will help keep myself accountable through this journey.

So far, I have a product idea where it will improve the oral health for kids. The problem I am solving is to make the process of brushing your teeth more fun so that kids that don't brush their teeth will actually enjoy the process. I won't get too much into the product, but it involves a some bit of engineering. Since I'm already an engineer by trade, it helps a lot in that I have exposure to what is possible. There will be electronics component, and a mobile app that works alongside it.

I have drew a rough sketch of it on paper. And I'm paying someone on fiverr for $40 to build me a 3D rendering of it. The reason I am starting with this step is because I want to use the model in my marketing material and try to pre-sell it (online & in person). I have a 3D printer that I can use at work, so I can also print out a physical model which helps when I'm sharing it with people in real life.

Right now, I am drawing up what the mobile app looks like. And doing more research on my target market so I can craft my messages carefully. I think I will host using Shopify, and will run FB ads, Google ads, and perhaps bing ads as well.

The market research/test will likely go on until March. By then if the numbers look good, I will turn off all my ads and start prototyping. Then reach out to manufacturer to get some samples. During the downtime, I will try to learn how to create a mobile app for it. The plan is to launch closer to Nov/Dec of this year, on Kickstarter. So a lot of work will go in into making the campaign.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Usem desi ot tu onqusvepv. Nz xogi epf O kuli ecuav jewoph tuni ug uas viivj qammif katv vu sifadif vji voni piifif. Epzvjoph vjoph vjev dep neli og nusi gap xomm jimq.

O'n dasouat xovj ep Eqq, ot e qjupi piifif vu ci ev vji topl xovj e djomf op usfis gus vjot qsufadv vu xusl?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom