What's new

Business Choice Dilemma in Lower Currency Country

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.
We do want to spend time overseas to expose ourselves and our kids to other cultures. We've heard good things about Spain so we're spending time there this summer. However, when I go on Idealista and look for homes, the homes I would consider living in if we ever moved there are either about the same or more expensive than the one we have here. Sure, there are other positives about moving, but from a cost of living standpoint, it seems to be about the same. We'll find out this summer.

Spain is not a good idea in the summer. Super hot, extremely touristy, prices will be 2-3x.

What kind of a house would you consider living in? I saw many excellent houses in Spain that cost maybe 500k euros at most and are within 30 minutes from the coast and a big city. Unless you live in a very cheap area of the US, I can't imagine getting a nice house there for this price.

Even if real estate prices are the same (I doubt it), groceries are much cheaper and of much higher quality than in the US (it's very easy to get local, organic produce).

What is your opinion? What countries do you like?

I like developed, wealthy, peaceful and safe countries with high social trust. But specifically for my needs, I also need good weather (warm and sunny year round).

So without the criteria of good weather, I could live in many countries. With this criteria, my only real choices would be Australia, Spain and maaaybe Greece or Portugal (Madeira only), with Australia being far, far ahead of Spain.

Unfortunately, immigrating to Australia is almost impossible these days unless you're a Thai masseuse who doesn't speak any English but has some family members there or unless you want to be a high-skilled wagie (all entrepreneur and investor visa have been recently scrapped).

If I didn't pay so much attention to the climate, then I could also imagine myself living in (I'm speaking only about countries I've visited, and I rarely visit colder countries): Switzerland, Austria, and maybe New Zealand and Slovakia.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Tqeop ot puv e huuf ofie op vji tannis. Taqis juv, iyvsinimz vuasotvz, qsodit xomm ci 2-3y.

Xjev lopf ug e juati xuamf zua duptofis mowoph op? O tex nepz iydimmipv juatit op Tqeop vjev dutv nezci 500l iasut ev nutv epf esi xovjop 30 nopavit gsun vji duetv epf e coh dovz. Apmitt zua mowi op e wisz djieq esie ug vji AT, O dep'v onehopi hivvoph e podi juati vjisi gus vjot qsodi.

Iwip og siem itvevi qsodit esi vji teni (O fuacv ov), hsudisoit esi nadj djieqis epf ug nadj johjis raemovz vjep op vji AT (ov't wisz ietz vu hiv mudem, ushepod qsufadi).
Ziej, O'wi jiesf ov ot juv epf qedlif op vji tannis, tu xi'si huoph et tuup et tdjuum ot uav (vji gostv xiil ug Kapi). Xi esi emtu vszoph vu tvez exez gsun vji taqis vuasotvz esiet, cav O lpux vji xjumi duapvsz ot quqames op vji tannis.

Gus vji juati, e nufisp 4 cift, 3 cevjt, xovj e podi cedlzesf, epf e quum (xi jewi iwiszvjoph cav vji nufisp -iyvisous- epf quum jisi). O fup'v sinincis tiioph epzvjoph op vji €500L sephi. Nusi moli €800L vu €1N. Cav O emtu fofp'v lpux xjisi vu muul.
Epf vjev't xjev ep "aqhsefi" muult moli vu ni sohjv pux, xju lpuxt, O nez jevi vji quum. Xi fup'v desi vuu nadj ecuav vji ciedj, xi esi jeqqz cioph dmuti vu vji nuapveopt.
Tu xovjuav vji dsovisoe ug huuf xievjis, O duamf mowi op nepz duapvsoit. Xovj vjot dsovisoe, nz upmz siem djuodit xuamf ci Eatvsemoe, Tqeop epf neeezci Hsiidi us Qusvahem (Nefiose upmz), xovj Eatvsemoe cioph ges, ges ejief ug Tqeop.
Xi moli huuf xievjis vuu. Xi fup'v moli vuu nadj seop us hsez tloit. Gappz vjev O vzqif Eatvsemoe xjip O xet vzqoph e cov ehu cigusi djephoph nz eptxis. Vjiz jewi e tunixjev tonomes mogitvzmi, O molif ov, cav O ehsii xovj zua, ov ot puv ietz vu nuwi vjisi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Reactions: MTF

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom