The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Idea Feedback

Idea threads

andy.benage

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 14, 2015
Hello everyone. This is my first time on here so hopefully I'm doing everything correctly.

I've been playing around with an idea on starting a landscape design consultant business. Basically I would help people who want to re-landscape their yard with the design process. I would not be doing any of the actual labor part of it. Just creating a drawing based on their needs and wants for a landscape. I live in a town of about 17,000 people with a lot more people in the surrounding areas. We have a few company's that do landscape design/architecture. However with more and more people wanting to do projects themself to save money but not knowing where to begin or how to design their yard to be appealing I thought why not help them with that part and make some money doing so. What do you think? Let me know your honest feedback, I can take it!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
If it's no cost to you, feel free to make the pitch.

Do yourself a favor and brush up on a ton of sales/negotiation resources before that and then pitch away.

Low cost/investment, potentially high return=best type of ideas.

Worst case scenario you learn more about sales/negotiation

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Hi Andy...welcome to the Forum. Be sure to stop by the Introductions area and tell us a bit about yourself and why you're here.

I'm in the Detroit Metro area in MI. My Wife and I did some major landscaping stuff this Summer in anticipation of selling our house. I looked and looked for someone to do a layout, give us advice..you know...just work with us on our front yard landscaping. I didn't find anyone. Either they were too expensive $350 for a printed layout. Or, they weren't interested unless they did the work. And EVERYONE was swamped busy.

So yea...give it a shot. I did speak with one lady who outlined what she'd do...pictures, layout, soil testing, etc...but...she wasn't interested unless she did the work. So....the landscaping is partially complete..until Spring.

andy.benage

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 14, 2015
Hi Andy...welcome to the Forum. Be sure to stop by the Introductions area and tell us a bit about yourself and why you're here.

I'm in the Detroit Metro area in MI. My Wife and I did some major landscaping stuff this Summer in anticipation of selling our house. I looked and looked for someone to do a layout, give us advice..you know...just work with us on our front yard landscaping. I didn't find anyone. Either they were too expensive $350 for a printed layout. Or, they weren't interested unless they did the work. And EVERYONE was swamped busy.

So yea...give it a shot. I did speak with one lady who outlined what she'd do...pictures, layout, soil testing, etc...but...she wasn't interested unless she did the work. So....the landscaping is partially complete..until Spring.
Thanks for the reply. Another issue I keep coming back to in my head is how much will I charge. Just out of curiosity what would you be willing to pay if you were to do it all again?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
MMM....for a sketch, soil testing, plant recommendations, .... I'd be comfortable paying $175. Basically, we just wanted to have a plan we were happy with and do it all ourselves.

andy.benage

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 14, 2015
MMM....for a sketch, soil testing, plant recommendations, .... I'd be comfortable paying $175. Basically, we just wanted to have a plan we were happy with and do it all ourselves.
Ok thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.