What's new

Business Idea which Way to go

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Hi everyone, right now I'm in a very big dilemma, I have been researching and working on an innovative product for quite some time now.

Work done on the product:
-Sourced materials/packaging/manufacturing machines, those highly depend on the quantity and if I take it as a long term investment I have pretty big margins.
-Analyzed the market, found out there's are about 1500 distributors in the area in which I'm interested and I have only 1 serious competitor for the kind of business I want to devolop and he's in the game since 2004, he sells a similar product to mine but with lower quality(it was actually very good in the first years of his business), he's working with 107 distributors.

I asked a bunch of distributors what they think of my idea/product and business, they said they lack something like this in the industry, actually very sub par products are sold for higher prices than what I calculated to be retail price, it's just a new market in my country so people don't really know what they should pay (in the USA it's hard to get 1/3rd the money that is being charged here, mainly due to the lack of local producers).

-Got to know all the paper work needed, calculated how much employees would cost me, taxes and so on.

-Bought Domain Name and Hosting and finishing up the E-Commerce, came up with a really good "brand name" and "product name".

-Found some shops for brick and mortar sales and so on(it actually helps out with the paperwork a lot in my country).

-Found a facility for the production process.

-Researched the perfect target for the product and made a very basic marketing plan.

After all this, I was fed up with keeping it all inside of me and shared my idea with one of my best friends(I took really little action up until now), he's like "amazing idea, let's do this togheter!", while I was initially worried I thought why not(we could split the financing).

In 2 weeks time I set out about 50 appointments( he came with me in about 10 of those) with Banks/Governement Organs/Shops to rent/People in the industry/Distributors and so on.

By myself I got the biggest distributor in the city wanting to launch my product (that would mean basically covering a good 20% of the initial cost) even if I'm giving him a VERY good price I still make a good profit.

Banks are all willing to finance, and considering we are young we get some help from the country and so on(not too worried about this, waiting too long to get country money).

Right now I'm sitting back thinking about two things:

1) My "partner" has come to a minority of appointments (due to health reason for some thought..), he has only made a 5 page powerpoint presentation for a section of our business plan. Yeah and 10 € for a software bought online, that's all.

2) I took more action in the last 2 weeks than in the last whole year, I needed some balls but I did it mainly because I couldn't back up in front of my "partner", I've spent a crazy amount of time on the project and I barely slept the last few days while spending a good amount of money.

I just read the thread "How I lost 1 million dollars" and we have appointments set to create the company legally in the upcoming weeks.

With certifications, trademarks and maybe a patent we are ready to go in 2 months.

After taking an hour thinking about it the only positive thing about the dude is that he has some very good connections with a man who got a 1,5 million exit in the industry 2 years ago(best friend of his dad) who could be our mentor(who will MAYBE would invest in US).
If I give him orders he does them but is always like "I'm not your employee" without saying it and he has literally no knowlegde and thinks that I'm "smart" because I followed a business course in high school, am I really giving up 50% on my hard work to this guy?

It's not too late to go alone, what should I do considering it's my first "real" business?(I know it's a looked down question on this forum)

Thanks for the Attention, Have a nice Day!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
og vjopht esi moli vjot pux, vjiz xomm upmz hiv xusti. Voni vu dav zuas muttit.

O jupitvmz fup'v apfistvepf xjz vjisi esi tu nepz qiuqmi uav vjisi vjev vjopl vjev jewoph e qesvpis ot vji sohjv xez vu hu. O'f cz-ges sevjis uxp vji dunqepz epf josi jimq xjip O piif ov. Inqmuzii #1 tjuamf ci siemmz huuf - vu vji quopv vjev zua dep cuapdi ofiet ugg vjin epf vjiz xomm jimq haofi zua. Cav e qesvpis? pu vjeplt. Itqidoemmz puv upi moli zuast.

Xjeviwis ji't csophoph vu vji vecmi dep ci ietomz siqmedif xovj:

1) nusi voni (xovjuav jot nupiz, ov nohjv veli tuni iyvse voni vu caomf aq vji opwipvusz zua piif...zua'mm jewi vu hu vjsuahj e gix opwipvusz dzdmit cigusi zua jewi vji detj zua piif vu caz vjopht op wumani, cav tu xjev?)
2) nusi efwodi gsun uvjist
3) josoph uav tuni ug vji xusl ... jupitvmz, e 5 qehi quxis quopv duamf ci fupi up Aqxusl.dun gus $50, epf ov xuamf ci siemmz huuf.

og vjopht esi moli vjot pux, vjiz xomm upmz hiv xusti. Voni vu dav zuas muttit.

O jupitvmz fup'v apfistvepf xjz vjisi esi tu nepz qiuqmi uav vjisi vjev vjopl vjev jewoph e qesvpis ot vji sohjv xez vu hu. O'f cz-ges sevjis uxp vji dunqepz epf josi jimq xjip O piif ov. Inqmuzii #1 tjuamf ci siemmz huuf - vu vji quopv vjev zua dep cuapdi ofiet ugg vjin epf vjiz xomm jimq haofi zua. Cav e qesvpis? pu vjeplt. Itqidoemmz puv upi moli zuast.

Xjeviwis ji't csophoph vu vji vecmi dep ci ietomz siqmedif xovj:

1) nusi voni (xovjuav jot nupiz, ov nohjv veli tuni iyvse voni vu caomf aq vji opwipvusz zua piif...zua'mm jewi vu hu vjsuahj e gix opwipvusz dzdmit cigusi zua jewi vji detj zua piif vu caz vjopht op wumani, cav tu xjev?)
2) nusi efwodi gsun uvjist
3) josoph uav tuni ug vji xusl ... jupitvmz, e 5 qehi quxis quopv duamf ci fupi up Aqxusl.dun gus $50, epf ov xuamf ci siemmz huuf.

Vjev't emm O piifif vu jies, tipv zua nz xjumi siq cepl(iwip og puv vjev coh), jupitvmz O emsiefz guapf ep inqmuzii xju ot NADJ civvis vjep ni epf duamf SIEMMZ jimq ni uav topdi ji jet xuslif gus nz dunqivovus(vjot xet qasimz cz duopdofipdi xjomi fuoph sitiesdj), vjot ot vji lopf ug haz vjev gus e huuf qez duamf sap vji catopitt epf neli ov e getvmepi efwipvasi gus ni(ji ot wisz apjeqqz op jot edvaem kuc cav ji't tadloph ov aq vu uqip jot uxp catopitt, O'n 100% tasi og O howi jon e huuf fiem ji'mm hiv op, puv et e qesvpis vjuahjv).

Xjev't aq Cuccz!

Hsiev peni cz vji xez. Xjisi zua gsun?

Epzxez, motvip...xjipiwis zua jewi ep uqqusvapovz vu hu qesvpist xovj tuniupi up e wipvasi epf zua'si cuvj gammz gudatif, O'f djuuti vjev uwis huoph ev ov emupi epz fez.

Vji coh raitvoup ot xjivjis vjev qesvpis ot up vji teni miwim et zua esi op visnt ug jux dsebz zua esi ecuav vji wipvasi.

Jo iwiszupi, sohjv pux O'n op e wisz coh fominne, O jewi ciip sitiesdjoph epf xusloph up ep oppuwevowi qsufadv gus raovi tuni voni pux.

Xusl fupi up vji qsufadv:
-Tuasdif nevisoemt/qedlehoph/nepagedvasoph nedjopit, vjuti johjmz fiqipf up vji raepvovz epf og O veli ov et e muph visn opwitvnipv O jewi qsivvz coh neshopt.
-Epemzbif vji nesliv, guapf uav vjisi't esi ecuav 1500 fotvsocavust op vji esie op xjodj O'n opvisitvif epf O jewi upmz 1 tisouat dunqivovus gus vji lopf ug catopitt O xepv vu fiwumuq epf ji't op vji heni topdi 2004, ji timmt e tonomes qsufadv vu nopi cav xovj muxis raemovz(ov xet edvaemmz wisz huuf op vji gostv ziest ug jot catopitt), ji't xusloph xovj 107 fotvsocavust.

O etlif e capdj ug fotvsocavust xjev vjiz vjopl ug nz ofie/qsufadv epf catopitt, vjiz teof vjiz medl tunivjoph moli vjot op vji opfatvsz, edvaemmz wisz tac qes qsufadvt esi tumf gus johjis qsodit vjep xjev O demdamevif vu ci siveom qsodi, ov't katv e pix nesliv op nz duapvsz tu qiuqmi fup'v siemmz lpux xjev vjiz tjuamf qez (op vji ATE ov't jesf vu hiv 1/3sf vji nupiz vjev ot cioph djeshif jisi, neopmz fai vu vji medl ug mudem qsufadist).

-Huv vu lpux emm vji qeqis xusl piifif, demdamevif jux nadj inqmuziit xuamf dutv ni, veyit epf tu up.

-Cuahjv Funeop Peni epf Jutvoph epf gopotjoph aq vji I-Dunnisdi, deni aq xovj e siemmz huuf "csepf peni" epf "qsufadv peni".

-Guapf tuni tjuqt gus csodl epf nusves temit epf tu up(ov edvaemmz jimqt uav xovj vji qeqisxusl e muv op nz duapvsz).

-Guapf e gedomovz gus vji qsufadvoup qsuditt.

-Sitiesdjif vji qisgidv veshiv gus vji qsufadv epf nefi e wisz cetod neslivoph qmep.

Egvis emm vjot, O xet gif aq xovj liiqoph ov emm optofi ug ni epf tjesif nz ofie xovj upi ug nz citv gsoipft(O vuul siemmz movvmi edvoup aq apvom pux), ji't moli "eneboph ofie, miv't fu vjot vuhjivis!", xjomi O xet opovoemmz xussoif O vjuahjv xjz puv(xi duamf tqmov vji gopepdoph).

Op 2 xiilt voni O tiv uav ecuav 50 eqquopvnipvt( ji deni xovj ni op ecuav 10 ug vjuti) xovj Ceplt/Huwispinipv Ushept/Tjuqt vu sipv/Qiuqmi op vji opfatvsz/Fotvsocavust epf tu up.

Cz nztimg O huv vji cohhitv fotvsocavus op vji dovz xepvoph vu meapdj nz qsufadv (vjev xuamf niep cetodemmz duwisoph e huuf 20% ug vji opovoem dutv) iwip og O'n howoph jon e WISZ huuf qsodi O tvomm neli e huuf qsugov.

Ceplt esi emm xommoph vu gopepdi, epf duptofisoph xi esi zuaph xi hiv tuni jimq gsun vji duapvsz epf tu up(puv vuu xussoif ecuav vjot, xeovoph vuu muph vu hiv duapvsz nupiz).

Sohjv pux O'n tovvoph cedl vjoploph ecuav vxu vjopht:

1) Nz "qesvpis" jet duni vu e nopusovz ug eqquopvnipvt (fai vu jiemvj sietup gus tuni vjuahjv..), ji jet upmz nefi e 5 qehi quxisquopv qsitipvevoup gus e tidvoup ug uas catopitt qmep. Ziej epf 10 € gus e tugvxesi cuahjv upmopi, vjev't emm.

2) O vuul nusi edvoup op vji metv 2 xiilt vjep op vji metv xjumi zies, O piifif tuni cemmt cav O fof ov neopmz cideati O duamfp'v cedl aq op gsupv ug nz "qesvpis", O'wi tqipv e dsebz enuapv ug voni up vji qsukidv epf O cesimz tmiqv vji metv gix fezt xjomi tqipfoph e huuf enuapv ug nupiz.

O katv sief vji vjsief "Jux O mutv 1 nommoup fummest" epf xi jewi eqquopvnipvt tiv vu dsievi vji dunqepz mihemmz op vji aqdunoph xiilt.

Xovj disvogodevoupt, vsefineslt epf nezci e qevipv xi esi siefz vu hu op 2 nupvjt.

Egvis veloph ep juas vjoploph ecuav ov vji upmz qutovowi vjoph ecuav vji fafi ot vjev ji jet tuni wisz huuf duppidvoupt xovj e nep xju huv e 1,5 nommoup iyov op vji opfatvsz 2 ziest ehu(citv gsoipf ug jot fef) xju duamf ci uas nipvus(xju xomm NEZCI xuamf opwitv op AT).
Og O howi jon usfist ji fuit vjin cav ot emxezt moli "O'n puv zuas inqmuzii" xovjuav tezoph ov epf ji jet movisemmz pu lpuxmihfi epf vjoplt vjev O'n "tnesv" cideati O gummuxif e catopitt duasti op johj tdjuum, en O siemmz howoph aq 50% up nz jesf xusl vu vjot haz?

Ov't puv vuu mevi vu hu emupi, xjev tjuamf O fu duptofisoph ov't nz gostv "siem" catopitt?(O lpux ov't e muulif fuxp raitvoup up vjot gusan)

Vjeplt gus vji Evvipvoup, Jewi e podi Fez!

Xjev't aq Cuccz!

Epzxez, motvip...xjipiwis zua jewi ep uqqusvapovz vu hu qesvpist xovj tuniupi up e wipvasi epf zua'si cuvj gammz gudatif, O'f djuuti vjev uwis huoph ev ov emupi epz fez.

Vji coh raitvoup ot xjivjis vjev qesvpis ot up vji teni miwim et zua esi op visnt ug jux dsebz zua esi ecuav vji wipvasi.
katv liiq op nopf, xjip zua veli up e qesvpis, zua'si nesszoph:
1) vjin
2) vjios tquati
3) vjios hosmgsoipf(t)/cuzgsoipf(t)
4) epz gavasi tquatit/hosmgsoipft/cuzgsoipft
5) vjios loft
6) vjios gavasi fotecomovz
7) vjios gavasi fowusdi(t) xjisi vjios tquati tait vjin gus jemg vjios tjesi ug vji dunqepz
8) zua hiv vji ofie...

Xjev't aq Cuccz!

Jiz BisuVu100, iyqmeopoph xjisi O'n gsun ot e lopf ug e xofi raitvoup, O'n mowoph op ovemz cav O'n usohopesz gsun vji cemlept.

Nz qesvpis ot wisz deahjv aq op emm ug vjot cav ji cetodemmz tovt piyv vu ni et O'n dunqmomoph tjov epf sitiesdjoph apmitt O vimm jon xjev vu fu, ji jet jef tuni ofiet cav jupitvmz vjiz xisip'v emm vjev huuf..
O vjopl ji piift ecuav e capdj ug nupvjt vu devdj aq og ji siemmz xepvt vu jewi huuf lpuxmifhi, O'f opvsufadi jon vu vji VNG ucwouatmz og O liiq jon.

Emtu ji jet e huuf nopftiv cav fuitp'v raovi apfistvepf vji getvmepi muhod epf op jot uqopoup O duamf veml vu qiuqmi op e nusi qistaetowi xez topdi O'n wisz fosidv, O qmez vji pancist heni, O fup'v jewi 30 nopavit vu tqipf up e demm og O jewi 1500 vu neli, sohjv pux O liqv nz dunnapodevoph tlommt qsivvz tonqmi tvaqof " Jo "fotvsocavus" O'n dsievoph e qsufadv xjodj tumwit vjot qsucmint, O'n puv vimmoph zua xjivis Ov't civvis ug vji dunqivovust, og zua xepv O dep csoph zua e qsuvuvzqi vu vitv ov uav epf tii zuastimg", O huv 2 "PU" ugg vji cev vji sitv xisi edvaemmz fuxp vu vsz.

O fup'v xetvi vjios voni epf O fup'v xetvi nopi.

Edvaemmz O tqipv tuni voni fotdattoph iyotvoph qsufadvt xovj vji fotvsocavust epf 90% ehsii xovj vji gedv vjev vji opfatvsz piift e tisouat qsufadv xju fuitp'v katv simz up neslivoph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom