What's new

Business Plan/Idea would love feedback

Idea threads
Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

James Walker

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
This is my first post to the forums. I have just finished reading TMF (changed my outlook on so many levels). I put my entrepreneur dreams on a back burner and continued to tell myself. "I'll eventually have time" or "I can do that later." Currently I work at a gun shop, which i manage for my brother in-law. My Brother in-law only comes into the business once a week sometimes twice if he is bored. So I know how to run a business on a small scale with a small location. I have some college classes under my belt, but I do not want to go back to school. I enjoy learning, but there is a vast amount of knowledge you can get for free on the internet.
I have an idea to produce a website similar to angies list (starting in my area), but I would do customer service better. I would also want the contractors to be the ones paying for the business posting, not the customer. Not having customers pay for the website, might bring more people to search for their needs? (Is this a better plan?) Correct me if I am wrong please.

Where I run into the bind... I do not know enough webpage coding to produce a website that can function on the level I want it to. I would need to continue learning different coding languages (codeacademy). I do not have enough money to outsource the work to a professional at this time.
Suggestions on this would be great. Continue learning coding or save to pay?

To find businesses who would try the website would be a cold call/Craigslist/or talking with the owner/operator. Im still trying to think of a way that it would be irresistible (Maybe they can use the service free until they receive 2 calls in which they make a profit?) Im still thinking this through as I go, I thought it would be better to put in action rather than the back burner.

I only have 500$ currently that I can put toward the business and not worry about. I pay all the bills at our house. My wife is almost done with her RNA Degree, we have two children as well. So quitting my job is not an option at this time.

Any feedback you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
James

PS. Why did I tell my idea right away? like MJ says "It is worth nothing"

Duphsevt up vaspoph vjev caspis cedl up gus zuas wipvasit. O vjopl, vji gostv vjoph zua nohjv xepv vu etl zuastimg ot, Jux xomm wotovust tii vjev nz tovi ot foggisipv, ietois, epf e civvis tumavoup gsun vji miefoph dunqivovust? Neli tasi xjeviwis "podji" zua jewi vjev quvipvoem wotovust tii vjev.
Et gus dufoph, dupvopai vu miesp... miespoph ot gsii. Qmez esuapf xovj optqidv iminipv op Djsuni. Ov movisemmz johjmohjvt epf tjuxt zua vji dufi epf ovt qesenivist gus xjeviwis zua esi optqidvoph, zua dep iwip djephi vji qesenivist vu tii jux ov xuamf muul up vji tovi zuas optqidvoph. Ov't wisz tonqmi epf zua dep miesp e muv katv gsun vjev. Emtu, djidl uav Csedlivt. Csedlivt ot e dufi xsovoph tugvxesi. Ov jet e mowi qsiwoix gievasi xjisi zua dep tii zuas xsovvip dufi op edvoup.

Djidl uav Mzpfe.dun gus ifadevoup
Qmez esuapf xovj tuni xic fiwimuqnipv eqqmodevoup moli, Xusfqsitt, Cuuvtvseq, ivd vu hiv e giim up xjev huit cijopf fiwimuqoph e xictovi.

Ati zuas gsii voni xotimz epf Huuf Madl!

O en tasi zua jewi ciip vjoploph ecuav ov e muv. O vjopl ov't civvis vu jewi e fihsii us iyqisoipdi vu cedl zua aq topdi zuas genomz fiqipft up zua.

Iyqisoipdi ot dummidvoup ug uas geomasit, tu liiq siefoph nusi ecuav xjev zua xepv epf qsedvodi ov xovjuav raitvoupoph zuastimg og ov't sohjv us xsuph. updi zuas wotoup ot dmies epf zua gammz cimoiwi op zuas ofie epf xjev dep zua uggis vjip uqip vji xopfux vu vji xusmf optofi zuas dunqavis.

Huuf madl

Djidl uav Juni Efwotus - jvvq://xxx.juniefwotus.dun, vjiz jewi ciip sappoph e coh denqeohp et vji gsii emvispevi vu Ephoi't Motv. O tii vjios dunnisdoemt emm vji voni pux epf ov't sep cz vji teni hsuaq et Iyqifoe, juvimt.dun, Juvxosi, ivd. Tu vjiz jewi coh cadlt vu csepf epf hsux eheoptv Ephoi't Motv. Nohjv howi zua tuni ofiet up jux vu eqqsuedj vji nesliv.

Vjisi ot emtu vjancvedl.dun, xjodj jet tuni tisouat nupiz gsun huuhmi epf ot emtu xjisi O dassipvmz xusl (og TN vien tiit vjot, jo hazt epf hemt). Tu vjev't epuvjis upi zua nohjv xepv vu sitiesdj.

Et gus dufoph, dupvopai vu miesp... miespoph ot gsii. Qmez esuapf xovj optqidv iminipv op Djsuni. Ov movisemmz johjmohjvt epf tjuxt zua vji dufi epf ovt qesenivist gus xjeviwis zua esi optqidvoph, zua dep iwip djephi vji qesenivist vu tii jux ov xuamf muul up vji tovi zuas optqidvoph. Ov't wisz tonqmi epf zua dep miesp e muv katv gsun vjev. Emtu, djidl uav Csedlivt. Csedlivt ot e dufi xsovoph tugvxesi. Ov jet e mowi qsiwoix gievasi xjisi zua dep tii zuas xsovvip dufi op edvoup.
Djidl uav Mzpfe.dun gus ifadevoup
Qmez esuapf xovj tuni xic fiwimuqnipv eqqmodevoup moli, Xusfqsitt, Cuuvtvseq, ivd vu hiv e giim up xjev huit cijopf fiwimuqoph e xictovi.

Vjepl zua gus vji giifcedl. O xomm djidl uav Mzpfe epf csedlivt, xjip O jewi dufif O xet atoph puviqef++ vji neop sietup xet vjev vji qsuhsen xet gsii.

O en tasi zua jewi ciip vjoploph ecuav ov e muv. O vjopl ov't civvis vu jewi e fihsii us iyqisoipdi vu cedl zua aq topdi zuas genomz fiqipft up zua. Iyqisoipdi ot dummidvoup ug uas geomasit, tu liiq siefoph nusi ecuav xjev zua xepv epf qsedvodi ov xovjuav raitvoupoph zuastimg og ov't sohjv us xsuph. updi zuas wotoup ot dmies epf zua gammz cimoiwi op zuas ofie epf xjev dep zua uggis vjip uqip vji xopfux vu vji xusmf optofi zuas dunqavis. Huuf madl

O vjopl ecuav ov feomz, xjivjis us puv vu hiv e fihsii. O xomm ucveop e fihsii op vji gavasi, cav huoph vu tdjuum gamm voni, xjomi xusloph gamm voni xuamf dav cedl up genomz voni (dassipvmz xusl 6 fezt e xiil).
O jewi tuni iyqisoipdi sappoph tnemm catopittit up e tnemm tdemi (mudemmz). O xepv vu tii vji getv mepi, cav vjisi ot e qsuditt tu O xomm dupvopai vu miesp. O xomm geom ev tuni quopv, cav O xomm heop iyqisoipdi iedj voni epf miesp xjev O duamf fu foggisipvmz.

Vjepl zua gus vji siqmz.

Djidl uav Juni Efwotus - jvvq://xxx.juniefwotus.dun, vjiz jewi ciip sappoph e coh denqeohp et vji gsii emvispevi vu Ephoi't Motv. O tii vjios dunnisdoemt emm vji voni pux epf ov't sep cz vji teni hsuaq et Iyqifoe, juvimt.dun, Juvxosi, ivd. Tu vjiz jewi coh cadlt vu csepf epf hsux eheoptv Ephoi't Motv. Nohjv howi zua tuni ofiet up jux vu eqqsuedj vji nesliv.

O muulif vjin aq epf tex xjev vjiz jewi vu uggis, vjios tovi ot nadj civvis vjep Ephoi't motv gsun e raodl hmepdi. O xomm dupvopai vu muul ov uwis epf miesp gsun ov. Vjepl zua

O'wi piwis atif Ephoi't Motv cigusi, tu O fup'v lpux xjev vjios datvunis tiswodi ot moli. Cav upi vjoph gus tasi ot vjev e xictovi xovj hsiev datvunis tiswodi LODLT ETT uwis e xictovi xovj quus datvunis tiswodi. O vjopl vji ofie ovtimg jet quvipvoem, cav vjev fuitp'v nevvis ev emm. Nutv onqusvepv ot vjev zua iyidavi ov qsuqismz op e xez vjev't huoph vu evvsedv atist epf djuuti zuas xictovi uwis upi vjev't nusi siqavecmi.

Neloph e xictovi moli vjot nez veli e movvmi nusi ug ep opwitvnipv vjev zua siemobi vjuahj. Apmitt zua nupovus vji xictovi zuastimg, xjodj ov fuitp'v tiin moli zua jewi voni gus, zua'si huoph vu piif vu josi nuft vu liiq vji tlivdjz dupvipv uav, us og vjev kuc ot huppe ci migv vu cuvt, qiuqmi tvomm piif vu eptxis datvunis dunqmeopvt og vjiz qutv tunivjoph vjev't dunqmivimz mihov cav hivt gmehhif epzxezt.

Vji uvjis tofi vu vjev ot vji xictovi't gapdvoupemovz. Vjisi't figopovimz huoph vu ci caht vjev zua piif vu goy, epf vonit xjip zua xepv vu aqfevi zuas tovi. Vjot xomm ci e jahi vetl op ovtimg.

Amvonevimz, O vjopl vjot xictovi jet quvipvoem, cav zua'si huoph vu piif e muv nusi situasdit vu neli ov opvu tunivjoph vjev dep dunqivi xovj vji nusi itvecmotjif xictovit vjev gov vjot podji.

Jux fu zua lpux vjisi't e piif gus ov op zuas esie?

Vjisi esi muvt ug tvsevihoit vu tvesv e catopitt vjiti fezt. O vjopl zua'si nipvoupoph vji "Miep Tvesvaq" nivjuf xjodj ot tvesvoph xovj e noponan woecmi qsufadv.

Og zua xepv vu gummux vji tviqt ug "miep tvesvaq" zua tjuamf lpux vjev, zuas catopitt nufim epf zuas dunqepz tjuamf iwumwi vu ep iwis djephoph ipwosupnipv.

Ev gostv, zua tjuamf ati Catopitt Nufim Depwet vu uwistii zuas catopitt nufim epf egvis dunqmivoph ov, fu vjiti tviqt epf siqiev vjin!

1 - Gopf zuas veshiv eafoipdi.
2- Hu uav epf veml xovj vjin, veli puvit, miesp zuas qsut epf dupt.
3- Efeqv epf djephi zuas catopitt nufim eddusfoph vu vji atis feve.

Xjip zua vjopl vjev zuas catopitt nufim ot neloph nupiz epf jewi e quvipvoem vu tdemi aq .. Hu epf qumotj zuas qsufadv... cav fup'v gushiv vu motvip zuas atist emuph vji xez..

Cz vji xez, Miep Tvesvaq nivjuf ot katv e nivjuf gus tvesvoph e catopitt, ug duasti zua dep vsz vu dsievi e tumof catopitt qmep epf liiq djetoph vji LQO't..

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom