What's new

Business Success / Fastlane Failure - Introduction

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Kencan98

Fair Enough?
Read Fastlane!
Hey guys. The Fastlane book is the best book I've ever read in my life. And as embarrassing as this is to admit, it's the first book I ever actually read cover to cover besides 'Catcher In The Rye' for my pre-Google high school English class.

What caught me right from the start was MJs stories about his past. I can relate to everything he was saying. I felt like he was writing my own biography. The failures, the missteps, the beliefs of 'it won't happen', the days of sitting in bed not wanting to do anything - I experienced all of that and sometimes I still do.

I've been in business for myself since 2006. I always loved watching informercials when I was younger and quickly realized (luck for me) that the 'Tiny Ads' guy made his money selling his info, not doing the ads. Same thing with Sheets, Paul, and the rest of them. In 2006 I bought an "internet marketing" course late one night. I'll admit I was looking for the 'get rich easy' way. After reading the ebook for a half hour or so I quickly realized that what I was seeing was Infomercial 2.0. These people weren't making a dime doing what they taught. But they were crushing it selling what they were selling. And it was basically a hands off business. Affiliates send traffic, customers buy, download instantly, payment gets split up, and everyone makes money.

So I jumped right in and started teaching people how to write copy, which I was really good at and actually was successful at in other ventures. I didn't hit a homerun but I made money, quit my job and was selling ebooks full time.

To cut out all the useless info in my story, fast forward to 2012. Everyone is told "the money is in the list" but no one has an answer for 5% open rates. Clickbank changes, Paypal is banning people as a hobby, and other payment processors and networks are so full of scam garbage that I didn't want to be involved.

I came to the realization that two things had happened. 1. Digital Info wasn't selling "hands off" like it was in 2007-2011. If you weren't consistently "launching" you weren't making money. Products had a shelf life of a month, tops.
2. I had never built any assets. I spent all this time building a "business" and I couldn't liquidate anything at all.

At that point I decided to stop what I was doing. I had no idea what I was going to do next but I knew that what I was doing wasn't worth the time, effort, or stress. I picked up a few books on licensing and that really got my interests going. I looked at a few books and Mixergy interviews on Software as a Service and loved the model.

Then I picked up TMF and went cover to cover in 2 and a half days. If I was awake, I was reading and taking notes. I was cooking dinner with my iPad in my hand. The book changed everything for me. I have to say though that the book didn't really teach me anything I didn't know. It did however validate what I believe and it also made me ask the question "If you know this stuff why the hell aren't you doing it??"

I still don't know exactly where I'm going as of yet but I know one thing is for sure - IT WILL BE FASTLANE!

I really look forward to networking with all of you and hearing your ideas, war stories, failures and successes.

BTW, I'm in New York City if there are any local groups in the area.

Edit - I just noticed that MJ recommends the book "One Simple Idea - Licensing Goldmine" by Stephen Key. That's the licensing book I read that got my interests going on the topic. I'm not really sure if licensing is Fastlane or not but I love the idea.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hsiev opvsu, ximm xsovvip -- vjeplt gus tjesoph. Ximduni ecuesf epf hmef ze guapf vji cuul xusvjxjomi.

Uj pu! Pux zua hiv ni xovj nz tlivdj qef uav.

Vji oDuul oQef jumfis. Jumf xjomi zua duul.

Qmat e gsii cuulmohjv og zua usfis pux. :)

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom