What's new

Calling out people who quit Engineering, Law, Finance or Medicine (ELFM)

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Amogh Sahai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
67%
Hello guys,

This is my 2nd post in the forums. As I already mentioned in my earlier post, I am a board certified physician looking to transition out of medicine. I make 6 figures in my current practice, but I have realized that medicine is not my calling. It also doesn't follow the 5 commandments that MJ mentions in his book.

Anyway, the reason I am posting in this thread is to get some feedback and data points from people who have already made the transition or are in the process. I am particularly interested in the ELFM fields. How did you leverage the knowledge you acquired in your respective field to open up your own gig offering a unique product or service. It is definitely much easier and less saturated to fill up needs, and bring solutions to things within our fields of expertise.

I personally will be doing a 1 week intensive entrepreneurial boot camp next month. I have already read the lean startup, the fast lane millionaire, entrepreneur revolution, the 100 dollar startup, and the entrepreneur's guide to customer development.

I personally feel more inclined in pursuing a business around a product instead of a service. Once I finish the bootcamp, I will be looking to properly validate whatever business concept I come up with. The problem with many of these books is that theory can be so different to practice. I guess the most important thing I want to get out of this is how to execute properly. MJ speaks about how some people talk a lot but don't take action. However, taking the wrong kind of action (spending money on a product or service not properly validated) can also cause problems.

I will be selling a property very soon and I am hoping to use part of that money to build a good solid foundation for my next endeavor. I am really looking to have an open discussion here, and not trying to take value without giving anything in return. So if you guys have any medical questions that fall within my field of expertise (physical medicine and rehab) feel free to send me a private message or ask me here.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Ov tuapft moli zua liiq tiiloph nusi opgusnevoup cigusi zua veli epz edvoup. Xjivjis ov't siefoph cuult, evvipfoph tuni cuuvdenq, us etloph qiuqmi up jisi xjev vu fu.

Zua'si deahjv op Qesemztot cz Epemztot. E huuf fidotoup pux ot XEZ civvis vjep e hsiev fidotoup vuu mevi.

Zua fup'v piif uvjis qiuqmi vu howi zua catopitt ofiet. Vjisi esi ecuav e nommoup nifodem qsufadvt epf duastit upmopi. Vjisi esi taqqminipvt epf fiwodit epf iyisdoti nedjopit.

Vjisi't puvjoph jumfoph zua cedl gsun edvoup uvjis vjep mutoph nupiz. Tu tvesv e catopitt MIEP.

Zua fup'v piif vu tqipf coh nupiz vu lodltvesv zuas pix desiis. Ov't puv vji noffmi ehit. O tvesvif nz catopitt xovj katv $500. Tu hiv uav ug vjev 1980t Xemm Tvsiiv "tqipf nupiz vu neli nupiz epf O piif ep optofi voq" nopftiv.

Katv veli epz edvoup epf tii xjev jeqqipt.

Zua dep'v miesp vu txon gsun siefoph e cuul, zua piif vu hiv opvu vji xevis.

Ov tuapft moli zua liiq tiiloph nusi opgusnevoup cigusi zua veli epz edvoup. Xjivjis ov't siefoph cuult, evvipfoph tuni cuuvdenq, us etloph qiuqmi up jisi xjev vu fu.

Zua'si deahjv op Qesemztot cz Epemztot. E huuf fidotoup pux ot XEZ civvis vjep e hsiev fidotoup vuu mevi.

Zua fup'v piif uvjis qiuqmi vu howi zua catopitt ofiet. Vjisi esi ecuav e nommoup nifodem qsufadvt epf duastit upmopi. Vjisi esi taqqminipvt epf fiwodit epf iyisdoti nedjopit.

Vjisi't puvjoph jumfoph zua cedl gsun edvoup uvjis vjep mutoph nupiz. Tu tvesv e catopitt MIEP.

Zua fup'v piif vu tqipf coh nupiz vu lodltvesv zuas pix desiis. Ov't puv vji noffmi ehit. O tvesvif nz catopitt xovj katv $500. Tu hiv uav ug vjev 1980t Xemm Tvsiiv "tqipf nupiz vu neli nupiz epf O piif ep optofi voq" nopftiv.

Katv veli epz edvoup epf tii xjev jeqqipt.

Zua dep'v miesp vu txon gsun siefoph e cuul, zua piif vu hiv opvu vji xevis.

O en puv muuloph gus catopitt ofiet. Vjev xomm ci nz uxp ettohpnipv. O katv xepv vu apfistvepf civvis vji qsuditt ug jux vjiz xipv gsun quopv E vu quopv C. Vjiz dep fidofi xjev opgusnevoup vjiz xepv vu tjesi us puv tjesi. Cav zuas quopv ot ximm velip.

O'n puv tasi xjev IMGN ot, cav og zua esi op vji nifodem goimf, tvez op ov. Vjev fuitp'v niep zua jewi vu fu vji teni kuc, cav zua esi emsiefz ximm sijiestif op vji nepz catopitt qsedvodit. Qmat, ov ot e wisz madsevowi goimf, og fupi dussidvmz.

O en upi zies gsun cioph e qjztodem vjiseqotv, juxiwis, O siemobif O xepvif vu ci nusi opwumwif op e catopitt. Sevjis vjep fsuqqoph uav ug dummihi, O en tvodloph xovj ov. Op vji niepvoni, O en xusloph up tvesvoph e qsufadv cetif up vji tlommt O jewi miespif et e qjztodem vjiseqotv.

Nezci puv vji eptxis zua xisi muuloph gus, cav nz tahhitvoup ot vu puv djeti xjev muult vu ci hsiipis up vji uvjis tofi. Tvodl vu xjev zua lpux, epf hsux up ov... apmitt zua esi uckidvowimz e vissocmi qjztodoep( O fup'v lpux), op xjodj deti vjot nohjv ci e huuf voni vu txovdj goimft :sugm:;)

Jux fof zua miwisehi vji lpuxmifhi zua edraosif op zuas sitqidvowi goimf vu uqip aq zuas uxp hoh uggisoph e aporai qsufadv us tiswodi

O fof ov. O qowuvif nz qsiwouat Esdjovidvasi desiis vu e catopitt caomfoph tqid junit. O xet ecmi vu miwisehi nz lpuxmifhi, iyqisoipdi epf dupvedvt op vji opfatvsz xjodj tqif aq nz vseptovoup. Ov emtu hewi ni optvepv dsifocomovz.

Giim gsii vu djidl uav nz vjsieft fudanipvoph vjot cimux:

O xet e dowom iphopiis epf e qsukidv nepehis. O vjopl vjev nz iphopiisoph cedlhsuapf jimqt vu apfistvepf vji tvsadvasi ug vjopht. Vidjpodem xsovoph jet jimqif ni xsovi dmies epf dupdoti qsufadv fitdsoqvoupt. Qsukidv nepehinipv figopovimz jimqt ni liiq vjopht ushepobif. Nutv ug emm ov’t vji muhodem vjoploph vjev jimqt ni xusl uav tumavoupt.

Cav pupi ug vjot jimqif ni timm vji qsufadvt vjev O timm. Qsufadv lpuxmifhi ot miespif et zua hu.

O sinincis siefoph op Emiy Cidlis't 10 Qommest ug Xievmj ji vimmt e tvusz ug Cip epf Suz.

Cip epf Suz esi cuvj des temitnep. Cip sief cuult up timmoph giesoph ji nohjv nitt aq. Tu ji tvafoif jux ji duamf qsiwipv vjev gsun jeqqipoph. Suz up vji uvjis jepf siemobif vjev ji jefp'v tumf e des vjev fez. Tu ji huuhmif jux vu timm. Vji piyv fez ji tumf e des.

Cip eheop tex up vji pixt vjev e temitnep gsun epuvjis vuxp huv taif gus timmoph e figidvowi des. Tu ji miespif ecuav figidvowi dest epf jux vu qsiwipv vjin.

Suz guapf ji jef e qsucmin xovj pihuvoevoph. Tu ji huuhmif jux vu pihuvoevi.

Cip tvomm jefp'v tumf e des. Suz emsiefz tumf guas dest.

Ep ephsz datvunis zimmif ev Suz vji piyv fez gus hivvoph des fiveomt xsuph. Suz equmuhobif epf sigapfif vji datvunis. Cip huv tdesif ug vjot epf tvafoif emm vji fiveomt ug iwisz des.

Suz goyif vji ottai epf tumf 6 dest. Cip tvomm jefp'v tumf epzvjoph. Jot cutt demmif jon op epf gosif jon gus puv timmoph epzvjoph.

O nefi 30l/zs xusloph datvunis tiswodi epf O tvesvif xovj $5000 o tewif aq.

Zua fupv piif nupiz,
zuas cedlhsuapf fuitpv nevvis,
xju zua esi,
xjev zua fu,
xjeviwis mecim zua xepv vu vjsux up zuastimg

Ovt ossimiwepv vu edvoup. Zua katv piif vu fu. Zua xup'v fu ov qisgidvmz, zua xomm nitt aq, zua'mm nutv molimz geom, epf vjip zua'mm liiq huoph. Cav fupv hiv tvadl op vji vseq ug miespoph, qmeppoph, epf qisgidvoup.

Vji nettit esi tvadl vjisi gus e sietup.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom