The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chartering an Airplane

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Has anyone ever chartered an airplane rather than fly the major carriers? Just curious about the cost difference, convenience, safety, ....:cheers:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I've never chartered in my adulthood, but I've known other's that have and it was reasonable. Then again, I live in Montana, it is expensive to fly anywhere on a commercial airline.

As far as safety, I guess it is a matter of opinion. People can throw stats around, and of course they have a spin, depending upon the person.

I am fortunate enough to have a dad that took up flying as a hobby in his retirement. We fly with him, and let him fly with the kids often. Small plane, and I am comfortable w/ the safety. He is committed to never flying in bad weather.

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I haven't personally chartered one, but I used to work for a large oil company and regularly flew on their corporate jets for business. I'd say convenience is the #1 difference. Private planes will normally go out of smaller regional airports and private hangers...no security lines, tickets, clueless travelers etc. Just show up, walk out on the tarmac, jump in and go!

I've heard $20M net worth is when people start thinking about getting their own jet. That's been a while ago, so maybe the number is much higher now? Probably still best to rent anything that flies, floats, or frolics as they say....:smxB:

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I chartered an airplane in El Paso Texas to Terlingua Texas

I had a contract on an 18,000 acre ranch with a lot of humate and bentonite on it. A geogoligist from Chicago flew in to get samples to determine if they wanted to buy the ranch & minerals.

There was no major airport in Terlingua so we both flew in to El Paso and I chartered a plane to fly us to the ranch then fly us back to El Paso at the end of the day.

It was very affordable i thought - about $300 an hour but that was several years ago so prices may be different now.

The DEA followed our plane and searched it when we landed in Terlingua ( which is close to the Mexico border)

I also chartered a helicopter in Maui to show me the island in areas where cars can't go. I loved riding in a helicopter. I was in Maui to see a house that I got an option on. $1200 for 1/2 a day.

Two years ago some friends and I charter a plane in Ketchikan alaska to take me in to the back country so I could see some bears. It was about $200 per person ( $1000 total) You can see my Alaska and bear pics at

Alaska Cruise Memories

The video is a little shakey.

One of my neighbors owns Jet Solutions - Exclusive provider of Flexjet 25 where you can charter a jet for anything -anywhere you need.

It is a lot quicker and easier to get to where you want to go when you charter a plane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.